Random Packer News & Notes

Leader

I seem to recall that Hundley had big trouble throwing to one side of the field. He could throw comfortably to one side but mightily struggled to throw accurately to the other side.

That massively limited what we could do offensively.

42 minutes ago, Chili said:

I seem to recall that Hundley had big trouble throwing to one side of the field. He could throw comfortably to one side but mightily struggled to throw accurately to the other side.

That massively limited what we could do offensively.

As I recall, it was the side of the field in front of him that was the problem.

• Like 8

4 hours ago, Refugee said:

My friend and I usually see if a guy has any calves when we make snap judgements on if he'll be any good or not.  AR had a set, Boyle, too.  Kizer had the skinniest calves I've seen on an NFL player.  Incidentally, Love has some skinnier calves but they look a bit thicker this year. Not yet HoF gams but getting there.

Is your friend Johnny Drama?

I'm sure the team will announce some new additions to the PS today, but has the team ever gone this long (lol 1 day!) with so many available PS spots?   5 open spots.    Not something I'm worried about, just find it interesting.    Seems quite a few teams are well below their available slots.    Wondering if my perceptions are just wrong this year - I just seem to recall teams rushing to fill all their numbers and then making 2-4 adjustments in the following days to add/drop players.   1-2 open spots seems reasonable, 5 just seems a lot?     Am I misremembering?

1 minute ago, Kampfgeist said:

I'm sure the team will announce some new additions to the PS today, but has the team ever gone this long (lol 1 day!) with so many available PS spots?   5 open spots.    Not something I'm worried about, just find it interesting.    Seems quite a few teams are well below their available slots.    Wondering if my perceptions are just wrong this year - I just seem to recall teams rushing to fill all their numbers and then making 2-4 adjustments in the following days to add/drop players.   1-2 open spots seems reasonable, 5 just seems a lot?     Am I misremembering?

takes 2 sides to agree to the PS process.  there could be players that are weighing their options with how likely a call up to the 53 is for different teams....and/or how much the contract is going to be on the PS.  negotiations are still a thing with these players as well

24 minutes ago, Kampfgeist said:

We have 3 slots open. Jalen Wayne and Chris Russell have been added. I would expect you'll hear some more by practice this evening.

• Like 1

24 minutes ago, Kampfgeist said:

It’s only the past few years that the PS expanded to what it is now, so 5 is more than the past but understandable.  As has been said, negotiations are in progress and with multiple teams. It will get settled very soon and then be an ongoing process all season. 

5 minutes ago, Packerraymond said:

We have 3 slots open. Jalen Wayne and Chris Russell have been added. I would expect you'll hear some more by practice this evening.

Interesting chris russell. Is Goforth on IR? Or just settlement and done with it? I cant seem to find what the injury was/what happened there.

See he was at lambeau yesterday believed MCL

Edited by HighCalebR

11 minutes ago, HighCalebR said:

Interesting chris russell. Is Goforth on IR? Or just settlement and done with it? I cant seem to find what the injury was/what happened there.

See he was at lambeau yesterday believed MCL

Goforth had a concussion in preseason 2 but was cleared to play in preseason 3 but he picked up an injury. As a result he was waived injured. This means the Packers cannot re-sign him for at least 6 weeks. That's why he's not on the practice squad. If he's still available after 6 weeks then maybe we will bring him back onto the PS.

1 hour ago, squire12 said:

takes 2 sides to agree to the PS process.  there could be players that are weighing their options with how likely a call up to the 53 is for different teams....and/or how much the contract is going to be on the PS.  negotiations are still a thing with these players as well

Of course.   This is not the first year both sides have to agree to the PS process.    Just taking longer to fill this year it seems.   More spots to fill but not a shortage of players wanting to fill them.    Just found it interesting as in past years there was such a rush to get players to agree to terms and fill open spots and then adjust from there but seems teams and/or players might be more selective this year.    

New Jacobs article from The Athletic with some genuinely interesting blurbs.  These two popped out to me.

“They (Chiefs) were trying to get me hard,” he said. “But there was no way I was going there. I feel like once you are rivals with somebody, you have a genuine hate for them. I couldn’t see myself in that color. And besides, I never wanted to be the guy that joined the dominant team. I want to be the guy that beats the dominant team.”

The Giants came on strong with an offer between $3 million and $4 million more than he eventually accepted. But Jacobs was turned off by the New York taxes, lifestyle, media and the artificial turf at MetLife Stadium.

• Like 2

2 hours ago, Old Guy said:

This article makes me laugh. This was a shorter story than this clown made it into. The depth of our roster is much better. We had more than 53 NFL players on it. Teams selected three of our players we cut. The end! 

Teams aren’t letting the Packers work their magic undeterred again (msn.com)

And here you were saying we couldnt even put together a 53.

• Like 2