Random Packer News & Notes

Leader

As is the case we never really know who these guys are, but this one surprises me after all the things we have heard about him. I think it makes sense after what we saw on the field Sunday with his frustration. Something went down at that Wednesday practice. Maybe game plan? Reps? It will be interesting to see how the Packers handle this. I have to say it's a bummer. Just a real bad approach by a young man with a bright future. 

• Like 2

23 minutes ago, Toddfather said:

You have to do something and this makes sense. Let him get his head right and refocus. Maybe Alexander should have a chat with him.

Isnt this the same treatment they gave Ja last year?

28 minutes ago, Leader said:

Isnt this the same treatment they gave Ja last year?

Ja showed up, was running his mouth but the suspension was for just deciding he was a captain and almost messing it up on top of that. 

Pretty big difference from Doubs basically starting an in season holdout.

4 hours ago, CWood21 said:

I think we'd probably get a 3rd for him, but I could be off on that.  He's productive, young, and still dirt cheap.  Any team acquiring him is getting him for less than $1M this year and $1.1M next year.  That's a bargain.  Maybe something like Doubs and a 4th for a 2nd?

5th I'd say.  In this case GB ACTUALLY has little leverage if they aren't willing to just hold him

4 hours ago, CWood21 said:

I think we'd probably get a 3rd for him, but I could be off on that.  He's productive, young, and still dirt cheap.  Any team acquiring him is getting him for less than $1M this year and $1.1M next year.  That's a bargain.  Maybe something like Doubs and a 4th for a 2nd?

I do believe he's going to get 3.2 or 3.4 based on playing time. Similar to the Newman situation this year where is salary went way up in year 4 based on playing time. 

It's still a bargain for a productive WR. The problem is he's shown himself to be a problem and will be wanting a big extension this off season. 

I think if you get a 4th that is pretty good.