Random Packer News & Notes

Leader

9 minutes ago, Leader said:

Zach Kruse -  Of the 33 NFL players with at least 5 kickoff returns this season, Packers rookie Darrius Shepherd ranks 32nd in kick return average at 16.3 yards/return. Only Pittsburgh's Ryan Switzer has been worse (16.2).

This is as much on the KR team as it is Shepherd individually. Blocking has been terrible it seems like he’s consistently reaching the first defender at like the 16 yard line

• Like 1

2 hours ago, HighCalebR said:

He's not going to run past anyone but youve seen the high point ability. But theres been opportunities for more catches. That's all the guys though. Lazard had a gimme TD if Rodgers puts it in the back of the endzone on the play when Allison stepped OB going to the EZ .

An ability to get high balls is maybe the least reliable way to win, as it demands such accuracy from the QB. Of course being tall also gives you a bigger catch radius which does help all the time. If you are pretty good at boxing out the defender when going for the ball that helps too.

Lazard doesn't have blazing speed (I think it's timed at a 4.55 40) but he LOOKS fast when he is flying down the field. I speculated earlier whether this might be due to him being slow to get going, but fast once he has those long legs pumping. Just possibly we are getting a sneak preview of what ESB will give us when he gets back (and ESB can run a 4.47 40).

Edited by OneTwoSixFive
  • Like 1

16 hours ago, AlexGreen#20 said:

Martinez Tackle Yardage:

Bears: -6, 1, -1, 8, 6, 21, 7

Vikings: 13, 3, 0, 11, 5, 4, 7, 3, 8, 0, 0, 10, 6, 5

Broncos: 5, 2, 3, 10, 12, -5, 4, -1, 2, 3, 4, -4

Eagles: 4, 13, 6, 2, 0, 4, 2, 6, 16, 8, 5, 5, 7, 10, 4

Cowboys: 2, 12, 3, 6, 6, 7, 9, 5

Lions: 6, 6, 0, 4, 4

Raiders: 9, 2, 3, 20, 2, 17, 4, 3, 4, 8, 1, 8, 5, 12, 1, 6, -2

14 hours ago, incognito_man said:

4yds was generous :)

5.4yds is more accurate

Let say he doesn't hustle to the the tackles downfield of 20, 17, and 12, therefore lowering his average tackle distance from the LOS.  Are his numbers more impressive?

• Like 1

10 minutes ago, waterfish_21 said:

Let say he doesn't hustle to the the tackles downfield of 20, 17, and 12, therefore lowering his average tackle distance from the LOS.  Are his numbers more impressive?

Whoa now we have to question everything

• Like 1

1 hour ago, OneTwoSixFive said:

An ability to get high balls is maybe the least reliable way to win, as it demands such accuracy from the QB. Of course being tall also gives you a bigger catch radius which does help all the time. If you are pretty good at boxing out the defender when going for the ball that helps too.

Lazard doesn't have blazing speed (I think it's timed at a 4.55 40) but he LOOKS fast when he is flying down the field. I speculated earlier whether this might be due to him being slow to get going, but fast once he has those long legs pumping. Just possibly we are getting a sneak preview of what ESB will give us when he gets back (and ESB can run a 4.47 40).

Yeah, just saying that's what he's putting on tape. No one is going to have to give him cushion, but not many guys are a size match either. He's not especially sharp in route. He's just doing his job, and thatll be good enough if his hands dont betray him. 

If you wanna say he LOOKS fast, that's cool, but hes not getting 10 yards an6 faster than Jimmy.

4 minutes ago, vegas492 said:

Why is it that my friend is texting me saying that he's reading where GB is trading a second round pick for AJ Green?  

I only checked profootballtalk.com and there's no mention of it.  Anyone hear anything? 

Probably saw it on a fake Twitter account? I don't see anything in the usual places

• Like 1