Random Packer News & Notes

Leader

6 hours ago, Outpost31 said:

Just like the Eagles were up a creek if they lost Wentz or Jaguars were up a creek if they lost Foles or Patriots were up a creek if they lost Bledsoe?  Or the Rams losing Green?  Or the Steelers losing Green?  Or the Cowboys losing Romo?  Or the Cowboys losing whoever was before Romo?

I'm pretty sure that was Bledsoe too.

8 hours ago, Hawkfan191 said:

I know it puts us in a predicament at T if Bulaga leaves, but I can't give him 12 a year. He's got 11 days until he's 31 and a history of some pretty serious injuries. Yes, he played well this year and gutted it out through some injuries, but he's a ticking time bomb IMO. 

That money is just too rich for me. 

• Like 1

5 hours ago, Golfman said:

I know it puts us in a predicament at T if Bulaga leaves, but I can't give him 12 a year. He's got 11 days until he's 31 and a history of some pretty serious injuries. Yes, he played well this year and gutted it out through some injuries, but he's a ticking time bomb IMO. 

That money is just too rich for me. 

Agreed. You can't invest in a declining asset. Also I think his floor is $12m

Lol.  Watch us sign Kirksey and get worse at ILB and have everyone begging for Blake.  And I’m 100% convinced that’s exactly what we’re going to do.  We’re going to sign a cheap ILB and then draft another one in the 3rd or 4th round and roll with that and heads are going to explode.

2 hours ago, {Family Ghost} said:

Kirksey is worth a look.  He was a team captain and pretty productive when healthy.  A pec tear last year in week two ended his season, and he lost the final 7 games of the 2018 season to a hamstring injury.  Might have to ink a prove it deal .. could be a bargain.

For what it’s worth, his PFF score has consistently dropped each year since his second year career high of 69.  

12 minutes ago, Outpost31 said:

Lol.  Watch us sign Kirksey and get worse at ILB and have everyone begging for Blake.  And I’m 100% convinced that’s exactly what we’re going to do.  We’re going to sign a cheap ILB and then draft another one in the 3rd or 4th round and roll with that and heads are going to explode.

If we have a better DL, Kirksey will be better than Blake, if we stay the same, he'll be the same or worse. Position itself is completely dependant on others. So cheap is good.

• Like 1

19 minutes ago, Outpost31 said:

Isn't signing a veteran at ILB and then drafting one in rounds 3/4 what most people want ? Ok it isn't Littleton, but Kirksey ran a sub 4.6 at his pro day workout and he's like 28 now.

The question I'd be asking is do the Packers want to draft a coverage type ILB to pair with him (like Dye or Davis-Gaither) or more of a run-stopper type (like Weaver or Quarterman) ?

Edited by OneTwoSixFive