Mock Draft/Off-season Thread

OhioG

12 minutes ago, bruceb said:

I am not because I was not, so it doesn't at all in your mind and does in mine.

I don't even know where this conversation is going anymore... o.O

Drew Brees is the high end. Trent Dilfer is the low end. Kirk Cousins will be somewhere between them. More than capable of winning a Super Bowl.

3 minutes ago, MarkPrice25 said:

I don't even know where this conversation is going anymore... o.O

Drew Brees is the high end. Trent Dilfer is the low end. Kirk Cousins will be somewhere between them. More than capable of winning a Super Bowl.

Me neither. :D

Gut is telling me "no" about Cousins.

Usually go with my gut.

20 hours ago, AkronsWitness said:

I read something that even if the Browns give Cousins 35mill a year that they would still have the 2nd highest cap room in the NFL.....wow.

To put that in perspective the highest paid player in the NFL is Stafford who makes 27mill a year. I think if we can somehow land Cousins for 25m per season on a 5 year deal then pull the trigger and just go BPA at #1 and #4. You would still have the highest amount of cap space in the NFL even after giving Cousins 25m per season.  As long as a bunch of guys dont give us the Tony Jefferson treatment we could still bring in 2-3 impact free agents like Allen Robinson AND Malcom Butler.

Sign Kirk Cousins, Allen Robinson and Malcom Butler

Draft Saquon Barkley and Mincah Fitzpatrick.....

SUUUPPPPERRRBOOOOWWWWLLLLLLLL

Ill accept that if they are able to trade Peppers and Kindred. Browns need a legit FS, not another SS/box safety/Down Hill safety

13 hours ago, buno67 said:

Ill accept that if they are able to trade Peppers and Kindred. Browns need a legit FS, not another SS/box safety/Down Hill safety

Fitzpatrick is a FS/CB hybrid. Extremely similar to Jalen Ramsey coming out of FSU.

The Jags decided to play Ramsey at CB but the Browns could decide to play Fitzpatrick at FS if they feel strong about their CB after free agency/draft. If you find a FS in free agency or the draft then you play Fitzpatrick at CB.

45 minutes ago, AkronsWitness said:

Fitzpatrick is a FS/CB hybrid. Extremely similar to Jalen Ramsey coming out of FSU.

The Jags decided to play Ramsey at CB but the Browns could decide to play Fitzpatrick at FS if they feel strong about their CB after free agency/draft. If you find a FS in free agency or the draft then you play Fitzpatrick at CB.

Ramsey is special.  You could argue that he is one of the best CBs in the NFL right now.  Is Minkah that talented that he could be our #1 outside CB? If he is only projected as a SS/slot CB then I'm a hard pass.

12 minutes ago, OttoGrahamsGhost said:

Ramsey is special.  You could argue that he is one of the best CBs in the NFL right now.  Is Minkah that talented that he could be our #1 outside CB? If he is only projected as a SS/slot CB then I'm a hard pass.

There is nothing about Mincah Fitzpatrick that says SS. I don't get where anybody gets that idea from or have heard that at. He played the >75% of his snaps at CB and occasionally played in a roamers role as a FS blitzing off the edge. Much like what Jalen Ramsey did in FSU.

Fitzpatrick is a CB, potential FS depending on your teams need but nowhere close to a SS.

5 minutes ago, AkronsWitness said:

There is nothing about Mincah Fitzpatrick that says SS. I don't get where anybody gets that idea from or have heard that at. He played the >75% of his snaps at CB and occasionally played in a roamers role as a FS blitzing off the edge. Much like what Jalen Ramsey did in FSU.

Fitzpatrick is a CB, potential FS depending on your teams need but nowhere close to a SS.

He played less than 10 snaps as an outside corner all year. He played far more snaps at SS than he did as an outside corner which you claim he is yet you call out those who say he is a SS.  Sounds like yet another poster who just wants to argue his point facts be damned.

I'm not seeing it with this Rashaad Penny kids. He is extremely fast for his size but that doesn't mean much in the NFL. He rarely makes the first guy miss in the backfield. He goes down on first contact. He hits seems hard and explodes untouched for big chunks of yards and that is a testament to his offensive line and coordinator more than him. He is a terrible blocker. I don't know exactly how many fumbles he has but ball security looked like and issue while I watched. He had at least two that the officials blew that call and should have been fumbles. He looks to bounce everything outside at the first sign of congestion. I would stamp him with a 4th round grade and if he is what you are counting on at RB next year then your team will be in trouble. It is more than possible to developed him into a very good starter with proper coaching but you are going to need a veteran starter to get your team through his first season or even two.

13 minutes ago, TheeRealDeal said:

He played less than 10 snaps as an outside corner all year. He played far more snaps at SS than he did as an outside corner which you claim he is yet you call out those who say he is a SS.  Sounds like yet another poster who just wants to argue his point facts be damned.

Matt Miller says he lines up majority of the time at CB but he is often used as well as a roaming Safety. He is a inside CB that has very good coverage ability and size to play against TEs or WRs.

He can do either. If you want to label him as a safety in the NFL instead of a CB that's fine but again, he is NOT a SS that's Peppers-- he is a FS/inside CB.

Srong safetys can't cover and play in the box as more of a extra linebacker. Fitzpatrick has great coverage ability as a CB so if anything, he would translate to the NFL as a FS who can line up inside or outside at CB.

He is a big version of Tyron Matheiu who has far better 1v1 coverage ability. So translate that to a current player if you wish. 

1 hour ago, AkronsWitness said:

Minkah is not an outside corner. Dude barely played that position last year. Majority of his snaps were in the box or covering the inside man. That screams SS to me. Also if you plan to play him primarily as a corner then you better trade down because there are more talented pure corners. Until I see a Bama corner actually perform in the league, I’m not touching them. 

Browns better not waste another pick on a player they need to find a position for. I still hate the Peppers pick but I have accepted it. Still hoping it was only a first year issue with him and Greg. 

5 minutes ago, buno67 said:

Minkah is not an outside corner. Dude barely played that position last year. Majority of his snaps were in the box or covering the inside man. That screams SS to me. Also if you plan to play him primarily as a corner then you better trade down because there are more talented pure corners. Until I see a Bama corner actually perform in the league, I’m not touching them. 

Browns better not waste another pick on a player they need to find a position for. I still hate the Peppers pick but I have accepted it. Still hoping it was only a first year issue with him and Greg. 

Strong safety's don't like up man vs man. At least not in my book. They can cover RBs out in the flat and play close to the LOS as a extra LB.

That's Peppers to me. Peppers fills that TJ Ward role but with more speed.

Fitzpatrick has the ability to cover WRs and TEs 1v1 inside (or outside) while also hovering deep. That fits far more in the mold of a FS to me. Maybe Earl Thomas with the ability to man up 1v1 in the slot is a good comparison

14 minutes ago, buno67 said:

I disagree with statement here and I would throw my hat in the ring for most SEC games watched every year. To keep is defenses complicated, Saban didnt have his safeties change sides that much.....they may change responsibilities based on the offense/shift/etc....Minka played mostly the role of the centerfielder type safty with Ronnie Harrison player more of the SS/in the box role. You saw Minka being blitzed and things like, because he is just that versatile..much like the Honeybadger when he was at LSU...he reminds me of him with a step more speed and about 1 1/2 level lower on instincts (which is still VERY GOOD....its just that the H.Badger had instincts to rival Sean Taylor/Ed Reed (best instincts I ever saw with a safety)I

If anyone gets board...go look at the Miami 2001 team.....might be the most talented I've seen in college...that defense had Phillip Buchanan, William Joseph, Jerome McDougle, Antrelle Rolle, Ed Reed, Sean Taylor, Vince Wilfork, D.J. Williams and Jonathan Villma on defense.....that's an NFL defense....Lord Have Mercy....

Archived