Mock Draft/Off-season Thread

OhioG

10 hours ago, Kathouse Sticks said:

I know I could be wrong, but I think you guys should prepare yourself for the possibility that Dorsey will pass on Barkley, look for a RB later, like he did with Hunt, and address other needs with the earlier pick.  I'm just saying it would not surprise me.

One can only hope. I just don't see Barkley on the same level as Fournette or even Elliott in that you can give him the ball 30 times and ride him to win games. Barkley is more of a play maker than both those guys but not even close to the grinder. If your plan is to boost the run game and win ball control games then Barkley is not the guy.

16 minutes ago, TheeRealDeal said:

One can only hope. I just don't see Barkley on the same level as Fournette or even Elliott in that you can give him the ball 30 times and ride him to win games. Barkley is more of a play maker than both those guys but not even close to the grinder. If your plan is to boost the run game and win ball control games then Barkley is not the guy.

So I’m your opinion who can we take that fits that description. I only like three other backs Guice,Michel and Penny 

3 minutes ago, bosko1616 said:

So I’m your opinion who can we take that fits that description. I only like three other backs Guice,Michel and Penny 

I think Ronald Jones, with a good 2nd back, could be that guy. I don't like him much, but Nick Chubb is definitely a "workhorse" back (IE tough and big but not very explosive or agile). Kerryon Johnson and Royce Freeman are also bigger-ish backs.

4 minutes ago, freakygeniuskid said:

I think Ronald Jones, with a good 2nd back, could be that guy. I don't like him much, but Nick Chubb is definitely a "workhorse" back (IE tough and big but not very explosive or agile). Kerryon Johnson and Royce Freeman are also bigger-ish backs.

Completely forgot about Keryon Johnson. Dudes tough as nails. Would love him if his injury history checks out. Add him to those three. 

8 hours ago, bosko1616 said:

This was draft wires 4 round mock. Not freaking bad 

1. Josh Rosen QB

4. Minka Fitzpatrick FS

33. Cameron Sutton WR

35. Sony Michel RB

62. Levi Wallace CB

65. Equanimeous St. Brown WR

97. Josey Jewell ILB

120. Jaylon Samuels RB

only thing I would change is I like Darnold more. 

Not terrible, but I don't like Courtland Sutton at all. Levi Wallace is an abysmal run defender and not a fit for our scheme in my opinion.

Darnold or Rosen...whatever. I think both are going to be good.

54 minutes ago, bosko1616 said:

Completely forgot about Keryon Johnson. Dudes tough as nails. Would love him if his injury history checks out. Add him to those three. 

I don't really like Johnson. He does everything at a solid level, but lacks any real special traits. I like my RB's to have either great power or great speed. He has neither.

Take a look at Mark Walton. He's a stud.

He has legitimate NFL homerun speed but also combines this with surprising power. He breaks a lot of tackles for a RB that isn't more than 205 pounds. Has legitimate receiving skills and played behind a hilariously bad OL at Miami.

He would be getting a ton of pub if he didn't get injured so early in the season. I was kind of shocked he came out this year, because he'll probably be underdrafted. If he is there in the 3rd round and we haven't addressed RB yet, I want him over the rest of the possible 2nd tier RB's.

4 hours ago, bosko1616 said:

You cannot force something that is not there and this year there is no such running back that is a lean on ground and pound type back. The closest thing to a lean on ground and pound guy is Guice. His runs physical and his body can take the beating but I don't see him being as good as Fournette or Elliott. Sony Michel is hands down my favorite RB in the draft and I see a lot of Marshawn Lynch in him. Also I am not saying Saquan Barkley is going to bust or anything of the sort. He is going to be a good player but to use him in a role like Jacksonville is using Fournette will fail. He is more of a Le'veon Bell kind of player and I don't believe Bell would have near the succeed he has had without Pittsburgh's effective passing attack.

Joe Thomas Retirerment Mock

--------------------------

Select the Best Players Mock

1st Round:

1(1) Browns Select: Sam Darnold QB USC

1(2) New York Giants select Baker Mayfield QB Oklahoma

1(3) Indianapolis Colts select Saquon Barkley RB Penn State

------------------------------------------------------------------------

***Trade**** 1(4) to Buffalo for both their 1st(21) + 1st(22) in 2018, as well as their 2018 2nd round pick; We also get their 1st and 3rd in 2019. Buffalo can't resist trading up get Josh Rosen.

-------------------------------------------------------------------------

1(21-via Buffalo) Browns Select: Carlton Davis CB Auburn

1(23-via Buffalo) Browns Select: Mike McGlinchey OT Notre Dame

2nd Round:

2. Browns Select: Tremaine Edmunds LB Va Tech: Head Scratcher?? Too talented to pass up. BPA by a long shot. Has top LB in the league upside. Will challenge Schobert and Collins as starter...and could be a star pro bowl impact player long term in lieu of Schobert's likely flash in a pan pro bowl bid. Will get on the field immediately as an additional pass rusher from the MLB position on 3rd down.

2.(via Texans) Browns Select: Ronnie Harrison S Alabama

2. (via Buffalo) Browns Select: Harold Landry DE Boston College

2. (via Eagles) Browns Select: Hayden Hurst TE South Carolina

3rd Round

3. (via Eagles) Browns Select: Rashaad Penny RB SDSU

4th Round:

4. Browns Select: Hunter Renfrow WR Clemson

4. Browns Select: Sam Beal CB Western Michigan

5th Round:

5. Browns Select: Bo Scarborough RB Alabama

5. Browns Select: Jamal Peters CB Miss. St.

6th Round:

6. Browns Select: Marcus Allen SS Penn State

7th Round:

7. Browns Select: BPA

-------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------

17 hours ago, OttoGrahamsGhost said:

The argument wasn't that they should never trade out.  This year there is almost an unprecedented opportunity to have 2 top 5 picks. 

There is though, the 2000 Redskins did, which set up their dynasty in the 00’s.

The Browns have played that bad that this opportunity is available.  If they were an established playoff team and were looking to sustain a quality team, then by all means trade back and pick a player you are able to settle for. 

Ah, so wait until we’re a good team to do business like one.  Sounds reasonable...

The Browns aren't in a position to settle. 

Staying at 1+4 would literally be the definition of settling for what we have.

They need a huge injection of talent on both sides of the ball, to waste this opportunity would seem idiotic. 

Even if we traded pick 4 for picks in 2019 and beyond, which would never happen, would the number one overall pick and 5 total top 65 picks not STILL be a huge injection of talent? Especially with 9 figures of cap space?  Is adding talent REALLY that dependent on that one pick?

It's time to stop being the team who always says there's always next year, we have 2 first rd picks next year, we have 100M in cap space next year. 

But there WILL always be next year though.  Good teams/franchises/investors/etc plan for the immediate future as well as tomorrow. You act like we didn’t select the number one overall player and THREE (!!) first rounders last year.

At some point it needs to be the Browns year, their turn to put all there chips in the middle and go for broke.

Sounds like what every prudent asset manager would advise.....

No better year than this year.

No better year? I’d argue the prospects outside of Barkley and the top 2/3 qb’s aren’t all that special and not significantly better than the guy behind them, and I personally don’t care for a RB in the top 5. 

22 hours ago, MSURacerDT55 said:

Its all in how they rate Barkley, they could have taken Hunt because they had him rated really high

Yes, but if they were that high on him, they would have taken him sooner.  It's like that old adage, if you want someone, you better take 'em, because they won't be there the next time around.  They even moved up for Mahomes, whom they must have REALLY wanted, so I'm betting that they will hold off on an RB, unless Barkley is way head and shoulders above everyone else, and he could be....

3 minutes ago, Kathouse Sticks said:

Yes, but if they were that high on him, they would have taken him sooner.  It's like that old adage, if you want someone, you better take 'em, because they won't be there the next time around.  They even moved up for Mahomes, whom they must have REALLY wanted, so I'm betting that they will hold off on an RB, unless Barkley is way head and shoulders above everyone else, and he could be....

After he obliterates the combine, its going to be hard to deny.

14 minutes ago, MSURacerDT55 said:

After he obliterates the combine, its going to be hard to deny.

And that's why we hired those guys.  To sort out and identify the have's from the have-not's.  Man, if he is that good, then you take him.  They'll figure it out.  We're counting on it!

I personally think that drafting Barkley is a moot point. I'd be very surprised if Indianapolis passed on him. To be honest, I wouldn't even be surprised if the NY Giants drafted him, if they don't go QB or make a trade here, which is a definite possibility.

54 minutes ago, MWil23 said:

I personally think that drafting Barkley is a moot point. I'd be very surprised if Indianapolis passed on him. To be honest, I wouldn't even be surprised if the NY Giants drafted him, if they don't go QB or make a trade here, which is a definite possibility.

I’d be shocked if the Giants pass on a QB TBH.

They have the perfect bridge qb in Manning and I’d imagine they don’t believe they’ll be drafting this high again very soon.

22 minutes ago, LETSGOBROWNIES said:

I’d be shocked if the Giants pass on a QB TBH.

They have the perfect bridge qb in Manning and I’d imagine they don’t believe they’ll be drafting this high again very soon.

I have no other evidence other than my gut, but I also wouldn't be surprised if they went HARD after Cousins. I agree that they're also in the perfect situation for a QBOTF with a bridge QB in Manning.

Archived