draft

1 darnold enough has been written on this

1b barkley a 2000 yard back for my rookie qb

2 Price c ohio state best center in the draft

2b oliver cb colorado more db depth

2c armani watts s  i like alabama db

3 Andrews tight end  another red zone threat

4 Hernandez mean lineman some of the drafts have him dropping here

4 D j chark wr with legit 6:1 height and 4.4 speed has made some spectacular over the shoulder catches.

5 tim settle huge dl figures to be a huge run stopping threat at the next level.

6 shay fileds plays opposite oliver in practice figures to be return man up here

This is not bad.

Not so sure Andrews will be there in the 3rd, but otherwise I would take it.

There are lots of interesting FA. 

WR
Sammy Watkins, Id like to sign him to a prove it deal. kendall Wright started playing well in the sot in chi, we could give him a decent contract and let him play over Higgins. 

CB
Malcom butler, Id sign him long term with a decent year 3 get out clause for us. Otherwise there is not much in the CB group in FA. Trumaine Johnson is old, maybe 3 yeas 45 million, he probably wants more than that. 

DT
Dontari Poe, he would be great along with shelton in the middle on 1st and 2nd down, Id give him a big 3 year contract. Sat lotuleti is another option, would e cheaper also. 

RB
Laveon Bell would be interesting, we wouldn't have to force RB in the draft.  or Carlos hyde as well. 

QB
kirk cousin and Drew Brees. 

Sam Bradford as a bridge (or Case k or Teddy Bridgewater). 

DE
Im not high Ansah from Detroit, he seems to exploit poor teams and doesn't offer much against good LT. here though he would be rushing against the RT or inside. Could be interesting. 

FS
There are a whole bunch of cheap FS coming on the market. Id happily take one for mediocre FS play while working on our CB group. 

TE
Tyler Eifort may come here on a reasonable contract. He is a guy ho could mentor our TE group and offer some god play on the field. he is a good red zone TE at least. 

http://www.spotrac.com/nfl/free-agents/

1 hour ago, brownie man said:

Yeah this FA class is underwhelming 

except for Jarvin and Allen Robinson who I doubt make it to FA 

or if they do they wouldn’t sign with us

Yeah, maybe not quite as bad as last year, but not a good class either. I'd add Watkins (underrated because he was overhyped) and Paul Richardson to your pair. But the fact that Paul Richardson is in the top three tells ya something.

On 1/21/2018 at 4:47 PM, bruceb said:

To equate Cousins to Brees is utter nonsense.;)

I didn't.

I identified the high end of the spectrum.

The point is that the Saints in 2006 had the #2 overall pick with 3 highly touted QB prospects to choose from. They chose to sign Brees instead, who was not yet the future HoF'er he eventually became. Again, I'm not saying Cousins = Brees, I'm saying signing Cousins is NOT a bad idea. It's actually a pretty good one. But it all comes down to Dorsey's evaluation of the QBs available to him.

6 hours ago, candyman93 said:

I don’t think we will land anybody. We MIGHT get a starting corner. As I’ve said, Butler is the most realistic to me.

Pryor is probably another guy.

I honestly dont think we even need Pryor as long as Gordon has his head on straight. I actually like our WRs a lot more than others do and think with solid and consistent QB play, they could be a huge bright spot for our team. Coleman looked great before his hand injury this season and Kizer was playing decently getting him the ball and Higgins really flashed towards the end of the season with some spark plays.

A WR only looks as good as the QB throwing him the ball. As I pointed out in another thread if you have garbage cans throwing the ball your WRs will look like garbage. It also doesnt help that they are young and need to get into a rhythm and some momentum going. I firmly believe with a Alex Smith or Kirk Cousins level QB throwing them the ball it would allow all of their talent to show itself more frequently. Not just on the passes where they all have to lay out because Kizer is throwing the ball 5 feet off target every pass.

Its hard to look good and develop some consistency when 2/6 targets actually hit you in the hands.

2 hours ago, MarkPrice25 said:

I didn't.

I identified the high end of the spectrum.

The point is that the Saints in 2006 had the #2 overall pick with 3 highly touted QB prospects to choose from. They chose to sign Brees instead, who was not yet the future HoF'er he eventually became. Again, I'm not saying Cousins = Brees, I'm saying signing Cousins is NOT a bad idea. It's actually a pretty good one. But it all comes down to Dorsey's evaluation of the QBs available to him.

I read something that even if the Browns give Cousins 35mill a year that they would still have the 2nd highest cap room in the NFL.....wow.

To put that in perspective the highest paid player in the NFL is Stafford who makes 27mill a year. I think if we can somehow land Cousins for 25m per season on a 5 year deal then pull the trigger and just go BPA at #1 and #4. You would still have the highest amount of cap space in the NFL even after giving Cousins 25m per season.  As long as a bunch of guys dont give us the Tony Jefferson treatment we could still bring in 2-3 impact free agents like Allen Robinson AND Malcom Butler.

Sign Kirk Cousins, Allen Robinson and Malcom Butler

Draft Saquon Barkley and Mincah Fitzpatrick.....

SUUUPPPPERRRBOOOOWWWWLLLLLLLL

On January 22, 2018 at 3:30 PM, Kiwibrown said:

CB
Malcom butler, Id sign him long term with a decent year 3 get out clause for us. Otherwise there is not much in the CB group in FA. Trumaine Johnson is old, maybe 3 yeas 45 million, he probably wants more than that. 

I don't know where this narrative originated and you are not the only one on this forum I have seen that wants Butler over Johnson because of age, so I won't roast you too bad. Honestly though more posters need to research and know facts before posting and quit trying to bend information to fit their opinions. What I am saying is Trumaine Johnson is a whooping 60 days older than Butler. If Johnson is too old then so is Butler. If Butler is young enough for a big contract then so is Johnson. Trumaine Johnson is a far superior athlete and better football player too. Everyone is calling him out for having a down year in which he still defended 14 passes. Trumaine has plenty in the tank. I'd sign him in a heart beat. I wouldn't shed a tear if it were Butler either but writing off Trumaine Johnson as too old is simply ignorance at it's finest.

Archived