Mock Draft/Off-season Thread

OhioG

27 minutes ago, Metcalf21 said:

Here I will give it a go. Let me know what you guys think?

Free Agency:

Allen Robinson WR

Cody Latimer WR

Charles Sims RB

Luke Wilson TE

Avery Williamson ILB

Kyle Fuller CB

Eric Reid S

Dontari Poe DT

1(1) Saquon Barkley RB

1(4) Josh Allen QB

*Trade Browns trade 2(33), 2(35), 5(175) to Pittsburgh for their 1(28)

1(28) Orlando Brown OT

2(63) Ronnie Harrison S

3(65) DJ Moore WR

4(108) Oren Burks LB

4(137) Adonis Alexander CB

I liked your post because you didn’t have any likes yet and I want you to feel included, not because I like your mock.

Because I don’t. Because it’s awful.

Worse than herpes.  

Appreciate the effort though.

1 hour ago, Metcalf21 said:

Here I will give it a go. Let me know what you guys think?

Free Agency:

Allen Robinson WR

Cody Latimer WR

Charles Sims RB

Luke Wilson TE

Avery Williamson ILB

Kyle Fuller CB

Eric Reid S

Dontari Poe DT

1(1) Saquon Barkley RB

1(4) Josh Allen QB

*Trade Browns trade 2(33), 2(35), 5(175) to Pittsburgh for their 1(28)

1(28) Orlando Brown OT

2(63) Ronnie Harrison S

3(65) DJ Moore WR

4(108) Oren Burks LB

4(137) Adonis Alexander CB

Good grief...

FA I don't mind. I think something like this is likely actually. One or two top tier guys and then a bunch of solid vets to help with depth and fill holes to let us draft BPAs. I don't think we'll get Poe and that might be a little rich, but everything else looks okay.

The draft is poop. Picking a RB #1 so that we don't get our choice of QB is awful. Picking by far the worst of the five potential R1 QBs is awful. Allen WILL probably end up going top ten. But why in the world would you wish for us to be the ones to take that sword to the gut? 

AND THEN WE GIVE PITT AN EXTRA 2ND AND  5TH TO MOVE UP 5 $%^&ING SLOTS?!?!?!?!?!?!? That would be the worst value trade I've ever seen from the Browns. And that's including the second round pick to move up one slot for KW2. At least that was moving up one slot in the top 8, not at the back of the first/top of 2.

20 minutes ago, freakygeniuskid said:

Good grief...

FA I don't mind. I think something like this is likely actually. One or two top tier guys and then a bunch of solid vets to help with depth and fill holes to let us draft BPAs. I don't think we'll get Poe and that might be a little rich, but everything else looks okay.

The draft is poop. Picking a RB #1 so that we don't get our choice of QB is awful. Picking by far the worst of the five potential R1 QBs is awful. Allen WILL probably end up going top ten. But why in the world would you wish for us to be the ones to take that sword to the gut? 

AND THEN WE GIVE PITT AN EXTRA 2ND AND  5TH TO MOVE UP 5 $%^&ING SLOTS?!?!?!?!?!?!? That would be the worst value trade I've ever seen from the Browns. And that's including the second round pick to move up one slot for KW2. At least that was moving up one slot in the top 8, not at the back of the first/top of 2.

GiftedMemorableAmericankestrel-max-1mb.g

Free Agency: 

Trade:

Cheifs: Nate Orchard,4th and a future conditional pick

Browns: QB Alex Smith. 

CB Malcolm Butler 

WR Jarvis Landry

CB Bashaud Breeland 

DE Dee Ford 

Draft: 

1. Saquon Barkely RB 

4. Baker Mayfield QB 

33. Mark Andrews TE 

35. Micheal Gallup WR 

60. Kameron Kelly CB

65. Armani Watts FS 

45 minutes ago, bosko1616 said:

Free Agency: 

Trade:

Cheifs: Nate Orchard,4th and a future conditional pick

Browns: QB Alex Smith. 

CB Malcolm Butler 

WR Jarvis Landry

CB Bashaud Breeland 

DE Dee Ford 

Draft: 

1. Saquon Barkely RB 

4. Baker Mayfield QB 

33. Mark Andrews TE 

35. Micheal Gallup WR 

60. Kameron Kelly CB

65. Armani Watts FS 

So... Torn...

I hate trading for Smith, but that price is so low....

I hate taking an RB at #1, but it gets me Mayfield....

I don't love Andrews, but the rest of the 2nd/3rd round picks are so sexy...

So... Torn...

54 minutes ago, freakygeniuskid said:

So... Torn...

I hate trading for Smith, but that price is so low....

I hate taking an RB at #1, but it gets me Mayfield....

I don't love Andrews, but the rest of the 2nd/3rd round picks are so sexy...

So... Torn...

I thought about swapping out Andrews and putting Gallup WR at 33 and taking Jerome Baker OLB at 35 because he’s one of my draft crushes. And we would hve a truly dynamic LB core 

Trade: QB Alex Smith

Free Agency: WR Jarvis Landry, CB Malcolm Butler

1. Sam Darnold, USC, QB

4. Saquon Barkley, Penn State, RB

33. Carlton Davis, Auburn, CB

35. Mike McGlinchey, Notre Dame, OT

60. Traded to KC for Alex Smith

65. Anthony Miller, Memphis, WR

Rest of the draft to be filled with your fav sleeper picks.

On the offensive side: Sam Darnold to sit for as long as needed. Alex Smith to hold down the fort and restore credibility. Saquon Barkley as the back to dominate the league as the best player at the position for the next decade. He will be Darnold's best friend and the ultimate safety blanket. A receiving core of Josh Gordon, Jarvis Landry, Corey Coleman, David Njoku, Duke Johnson and Anthony Miller. McGlinchey added to compete at RT and prep to take over for Thomas when he calls it a day.

On the defensive side: Garrett and Ogbah continue to grow and flourish on the edges. Shelton, Ogunjobi, Brantley holding down the interior. Collins, Schobert and Kirksey are the athletic backers making plays over the field. Malcolm Butler is the free agent splash to lock down a corner spot. Opposite him is the vastly underrated Carlton Davis to add some length and physicality in the back end. Safety is still a position of need. Perhaps a sleeper pick in the draft or free agency can come in at FS and allow Peppers to move down in and around the box. 

11 minutes ago, Aztec Hammer said:

1. Sam Darnold, USC, QB

On the offensive side: Sam Darnold to sit for as long as needed. Alex Smith to hold down the fort and restore credibility. Saquon Barkley as the back to dominate the league as the best player at the position for the next decade. He will be Darnold's best friend and the ultimate safety blanket. A receiving core of Josh Gordon, Jarvis Landry, Corey Coleman, David Njoku, Duke Johnson and Anthony Miller. McGlinchey added to compete at RT and prep to take over for Thomas when he calls it a day.

On the defensive side: Garrett and Ogbah continue to grow and flourish on the edges. Shelton, Ogunjobi, Brantley holding down the interior. Collins, Schobert and Kirksey are the athletic backers making plays over the field. Malcolm Butler is the free agent splash to lock down a corner spot. Opposite him is the vastly underrated Carlton Davis to add some length and physicality in the back end. Safety is still a position of need. Perhaps a sleeper pick in the draft or free agency can come in at FS and allow Peppers to move down in and around the box. 

Too good to be true!!!

36 minutes ago, Aztec Hammer said:

1. Sam Darnold, USC, QB

You know my thoughts on Barkley, but by this would be a great offseason.

1 hour ago, Aztec Hammer said:

1. Sam Darnold, USC, QB

Probably the best yet, without a trade-down from 4 at least.

FA: Jarvis Landry WR

FA: Trumaine Johnson CB

FA: Dee Ford DE

FA: Sean Spence MLB

*Trade 3rd round pick for QB Alex Smith*

#1--Sam Darnold QB/USC

#4--Saquon Barkley/RB/Penn State

2nd--Orlando Brown/OT/Oklahoma

2nd--Anthony Miller/WR/Memphis

2nd--Quin Blanding/FS/Virginia

3rd--(Alex Smith QB)

4th--Skai Moore/WLB/South Carolina

4th--MJ Stewart/CB/North Carolina

5th--Antonio Callaway/WR/Florida

6th--Kalen Ballage/RB/Arizona State

6th--Donnie Miles/SS/North Carolina

7th--Jester Weah/WR/Pittsburgh

QB: Smith/Darnold/Kizer

RB: Barkley/Johnson/Ballage

FB: Vitale

WR: Gordon/Miller/Landry/Coleman/Callaway/Weah

TE: Njoku/DeValve/Telfer

LT: Thomas/Johnson

LG: Bitonio/Martin

C: Tretter/Reiter

RG: Zeitler/Drango

RT: Brown/Coleman

LE: Ogbah/Nassib

DT: Shelton/Ogunjobi/Coley/Brantley

RE: Garrett/Ford

WLB: Kirksey/Moore

MLB: Schobert/Spence/Carder

SLB: Collins/Burgess

CB: Johnson/McCourty/Boddy-Calhoun/Stewart/Taylor/Wilson

FS: Peppers/Blanding    (In the nickel package, Peppers moves to NCB and Blanding moves to the true FS spot)

SS: Kindred/Miles

K: Gonzales

P: Colquitt

KR: Barkley/Callaway

PR: Peppers/Callaway

FA Signings:

1. Rashaan Melvin CB Colts- 4 yrs/45Mil/12GTD

2. Kyle Fuller CB Bears- 4 yrs/42Mil/12GTD

3. AJ Mccaron QB Bengals- 3 yrs/ 45 Mil/ 18 GTD

4a.Terrelle Pryor WR Washington- 4 yrs/ 25Mil/ 8GTD

4b. Carlos Hyde RB 49ers - 3 yrs/ 21 Mil/ 8GTD

5. Jordan Matthews WR Buffalo- 4 yrs/ 25Mil/ 8 GTD - Josh Gordon and Corey Coleman can't be relied upon due to addiction and injury issues respectively. Therefore, we need to sign multiple, reliable pass catchers that can provide starter impact (Both Matthews and Richardson provide that). Pryor can reclaim his impact that he provided on the Browns and be a WR2.

6. Paul Richardson WR Seattle- 4 yrs/ 25Mil/ 8 GTD

-------------------------------------

Draft

**** Philosophy: Create as many positional units that can be a decisive force on the field.

1(1) Browns Select: Sam Darnold QB USC

1(2) New York Giants select Josh Rosen QB UCLA

1(3) Indianapolis Colts select Saquon Barkley RB Penn State

1(4) Browns Select: Minkah Fitzpatrick SS/NCB Alabama -- Gregg Williams decides Jabrill will stay in FS limbo or he'll force Minkah to play FS

***Trade**** Both of our early 2nd round picks traded for late 1st round picks; Give up both 4th round picks and future considerations. We traded a 4th round pick to trade up from the 2nd to the 1st last year to select David Njoku. So, we essentially do that trade twice this year.

**1(27) Browns Select: Mike McGlinchey LT Notre Dame

**1(28) Browns Select: Marcus Davenport DE UTSA

2, Browns Select: Mike Hughes CB UCF

3. Browns Select: Deshon Elliot FS Texas

5. Browns Select: Darious Williams CB UAB

5. Browns Select: Hunter Renfrow WR Clemson

6. Browns Select: Darren Carrington WR Utah

7. Browns Select: BPA

-----------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------

4 minutes ago, Mind Character said:

FA Signings:

1. Rashaan Melvin CB Colts- 4 yrs/45Mil/12GTD

2. Kyle Fuller CB Bears- 4 yrs/42Mil/12GTD

3. AJ Mccaron QB Bengals- 3 yrs/ 45 Mil/ 18 GTD

4a.Terrelle Pryor WR Washington- 4 yrs/ 25Mil/ 8GTD

4b. Carlos Hyde RB 49ers - 3 yrs/ 21 Mil/ 8GTD

5. Jordan Matthews WR Buffalo- 4 yrs/ 25Mil/ 8 GTD - Josh Gordon and Corey Coleman can't be relied upon due to addiction and injury issues respectively. Therefore, we need to sign multiple, reliable pass catchers that can provide starter impact (Both Matthews and Richardson provide that). Pryor can reclaim his impact that he provided on the Browns and be a WR2.

6. Paul Richardson WR Seattle- 4 yrs/ 25Mil/ 8 GTD

-------------------------------------

Draft

**** Philosophy: Create as many positional units that can be a decisive force on the field.

1(1) Browns Select: Sam Darnold QB USC

1(2) New York Giants select Josh Rosen QB UCLA

1(3) Indianapolis Colts select Saquon Barkley RB Penn State

1(4) Browns Select: Minkah Fitzpatrick SS/NCB Alabama -- Gregg Williams decides Jabrill will stay in FS limbo or he'll force Minkah to play FS

***Trade**** Both of our early 2nd round picks traded for late 1st round picks; Give up both 4th round picks and future considerations. We traded a 4th round pick to trade up from the 2nd to the 1st last year to select David Njoku. So, we essentially do that trade twice this year.

**1(27) Browns Select: Mike McGlinchey LT Notre Dame

**1(28) Browns Select: Marcus Davenport DE UTSA

2, Browns Select: Mike Hughes CB UCF

3. Browns Select: Deshon Elliot FS Texas

5. Browns Select: Darious Williams CB UAB

5. Browns Select: Hunter Renfrow WR Clemson

6. Browns Select: Darren Carrington WR Utah

7. Browns Select: BPA

-----------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------

I like this a lot, although still not sure that Williams will not somehow figure out how to misuse Minkah and Peppers simultaneously.

On 1/24/2018 at 10:38 PM, Wolfhunt said:

From what I am reading it really seems like Dorsey is going to make a run at Cousins.  I don't think Washington will give him the tag again as that is a major cap hit and they just need to move on as Cousins will isn't going to resign with them.  This would give Kizer a great person to sit behind and develop....I have doubts he will but he is still very young.

Here is what I think is going to happen.

FA

Kirk Cousins...thining 5 year 120 mil heavily front loaded

Terelle Pryor...3 year 27 million with incentives up to 35 mil.

Jarvis Landry/Sammy Watkins/ Allen Robinson...have heard the Rams are willing to use the tag on Watkins and same for Jabs with Robinson..5 year 70 million

Malcomb Butler...NE is not going to pay him and we have the money...3 big name FA we still have plenty sitting to resign our own FA...5 year 72 mil

Draft

1a   We trade out to the Jets and get 1st, 2nd, 2019 1st, and 3rd and 5h, 2020 1st and 4th they take Darnold

Giants take Rosen, Colts take Quenton Nelson...Luck will need the protection

4b. We take Barkley and give Haley the best RB in the draft to pair with Cousins...we now have weapons between draft and FA

Broncos are going with Allen (my pick for them) or Mayfield

6c.  Minkah Fitzpatrick...I see him at safety with Peppers

14d   Trade up with GB and we take Josh Jackson...give up Jets and Texans 2nds, and and a 5th round

2a  Frank RagnowC/G  Green Bay always loved their lineman and with Wolf and Highsmith we have an immediate back up future star

2b Leighton Vander Esch/Darius Leonard ILB

3a Dalton Schultz TE....he can catch and block 

3b  Alex Cappa OT we trade both 4th's and a 7th...I really like this kid

5a Mike White QB

5b Jaylen Samuels FB 

6a  Chad Thomas DE

Any draft that has us getting cousins,barkley ,and ragnow I am all in on

Archived