Mock Draft/Off-season Thread

OhioG

4 hours ago, Metcalf21 said:

We would be extremely lucky to walk away with this draft.

YOU GAVE UP THE 3RD PICK IN THE 2ND ROUND AND A 5TH TO MOVE UP FROM 33 TO 28. AND YOU GAVE IT TO OUR ARCH RIVALS.

You also took, by far, the worst potential R1 QB.

If we walked away with this draft, you would need a new mod. I would pull a Ditch and switch teams for awhile. I've gotten to the point where Haslam is the devil, I hate our coach, if our FO can't save the rest of the nincompoops then I'll go find someone else to root for until Haslam sells the team.

Or at least I'll try. And probably just talk myself into Kizer maybe developing enough with a year on the bench.

3 hours ago, freakygeniuskid said:

f we walked away with this draft, you would need a new mod. I would pull a Ditch and switch teams for awhile. I've gotten to the point where Haslam is the devil, I hate our coach, if our FO can't save the rest of the nincompoops then I'll go find someone else to root for until Haslam sells the team.

If we screw up this offseason going Ditch will be the only rational response.

3 hours ago, freakygeniuskid said:

Or at least I'll try. And probably just talk myself into Kizer maybe developing enough with a year on the bench.

Now you are talking desperation.

14 hours ago, freakygeniuskid said:

If we walked away with this draft, you would need a new mod. I would pull a Ditch and switch teams for awhile. I've gotten to the point where Haslam is the devil, I hate our coach, if our FO can't save the rest of the nincompoops then I'll go find someone else to root for until Haslam sells the team.

I've threatened to do this multiple times in my life:

*When we drafted traded the Ngata pick to the Ravens. I actually punched a door. I acted like an idiot and then had to ask my dad/brother's forgiveness. The anger is still there though.

*When we drafted Brandon Weeden

*When we drafted BOTH Gilbert and Manziel. I actually left the forum for about 2 weeks after as a cooling off period. I then gradually talked myself into an athletic CB with length/upside and the fact that we got a good haul for him, and said I'd keep "an open mind" on the kid I had spent a couple of years bashing who liked drinking, cocaine (pictures of rolled up bills in his hand in restrooms surfaced BEFORE the draft for crying out loud!), inflatable swans, and money phones. 

14 hours ago, freakygeniuskid said:

We Browns fans are fantastic at talking ourselves into things after bashing prospects leading up to the draft. We completely ignore our eyes and go with our hearts. I still think at some point there is a Ditch breaking point for all of us, but somehow I haven't reached it yet.

22 hours ago, freakygeniuskid said:

YOU GAVE UP THE 3RD PICK IN THE 2ND ROUND AND A 5TH TO MOVE UP FROM 33 TO 28. AND YOU GAVE IT TO OUR ARCH RIVALS.

You also took, by far, the worst potential R1 QB.

Dude calm down. Who ever we draft at QB their career will be over in 3 years or less. Just except the fact that Cleveland is where dreams go to die. Enjoy the draft its the only time in the year we get to enjoy.

15 minutes ago, Metcalf21 said:

Dude calm down. Who ever we draft at QB their career will be over in 3 years or less. Just except the fact that Cleveland is where dreams go to die. Enjoy the draft its the only time in the year we get to enjoy.

Interesting place you’ve selected to share that opinion.

Trade***Corey Coleman WR and 5th to the Seahawks for Earl Thomas FS ( one year left,injuries,desire for new contact, salary relief ) 

Free Agency: 

Malcolm Butler CB 4 YR

Sammy Watkins WR 5 YR

AJ McCarron QB 3 YR

Demarco Murray RB 1 YR

Albert Wilson WR 3 YR 

Draft: 

1. Sam Darnold QB 

4. Bradley Chubb DE 

33. Ronald Jones III RB 

35. Christian Kirk WR 

63. Jerome Baker OLB 

65. MJ Stewart CB 

8 hours ago, bosko1616 said:

Trade***Corey Coleman WR and 5th to the Seahawks for Earl Thomas FS ( one year left,injuries,desire for new contact, salary relief ) 

I'm probably the biggest Corey Coleman basher here, but that is a just plain stupid trade.

FA:
Kyle Fuller - CB 
Jordan Matthews - WR
Terrelle Pryor - WR
AJ McCarron - QB

Draft
1) Darnold - QB
1) Chubb - DE // Barkley - RB (Depends on who Indy takes)
Trade 33 and 63 for 20-32 pick in the  first round
1) Davis - CB
Trade 35 and 65 for 20-32 pick in the  first round
1) McGlinchey - LT
Rest of the draft BPA for depth.

4 hours ago, ohiogenius said:

FA:
Kyle Fuller - CB 
Jordan Matthews - WR
Terrelle Pryor - WR
AJ McCarron - QB

Draft
1) Darnold - QB
1) Chubb - DE // Barkley - RB (Depends on who Indy takes)
Trade 33 and 63 for 20-32 pick in the  first round
1) Davis - CB
Trade 35 and 65 for 20-32 pick in the  first round
1) McGlinchey - LT
Rest of the draft BPA for depth.

Not bad, but I think we can get better value for #4 in a trade down.

1 hour ago, bosko1616 said:

Why is that 

I would say its because Coleman hasnt exactly proved to be horrible. He has had injury issues his first two seasons that have sort of stunted his growth but when he has been healthy Corey has flashed good potential. Its just inconsistency from the QB play that leads to so much shaky WR play. Its hard to look great and consistent when your QB only delivers a catchable ball in stride 1 out of every 5 passes he throws.

Im a firm believer if you get a solid veteran QB in here that can get some rhythm going in the offense Corey Coleman and all other receivers will look 10x better with some confidence and leadership from the QB position.

Plus Earl Thomas is aging and has a extensive injury history--he is a guy that will be shipped to a contender for 2-3 years not a upstart 1-31 team

Free Agency

Veteran CB

Veteran DE

Veteran FS

Bridge QB

We already have the young talent in place for this defense to become Top 10 or even better especially if we can find a competent offense that is not always putting the defense in a bad position. Veteran leadership added and a QB to start/mentor our #1 overall pick.

1st Round 1st Pick - Sam Darnold QB USC

1st Round 4th Pick - Saquan Barkley RB Penn State

---Trade #33, #63 and #4th to Seattle for #18

1st Round 18th Pick - Calvin Ridley WR Alabama

2nd Round 35th Pick - Best Corner Available

3rd Round 65th Pick - Best Offensive Tackle available

3 hours ago, Dogbite said:

Free Agency

Veteran CB

Veteran DE

Veteran FS

Bridge QB

We already have the young talent in place for this defense to become Top 10 or even better especially if we can find a competent offense that is not always putting the defense in a bad position. Veteran leadership added and a QB to start/mentor our #1 overall pick.

1st Round 1st Pick - Best QB available

1st Round 4th Pick - Best RB available

---Trade

1st Round 18th Pick - Best WR Available

2nd Round 35th Pick - Best Corner Available

3rd Round 65th Pick - Best Offensive Tackle available

I really love what you did signing Veteran CB though am not sure about value of Best Offensive Tackle available. Veteran DE will be great in a rotation with 2nd Year DE and 3rd Year DE.

Archived