Mock Draft/Off-season Thread

OhioG

6 hours ago, LETSGOBROWNIES said:

If we had Malik Hooker the point would be moot because we wouldn’t have the 4th pick.

Exactly 

well possibly

we did try to trade back up with a second but no one wanted to trade down 

Arizona wanted Reddick

Philly wanted Barnett 

and then Indy didn’t want to trade out 

3-1st's, 4-2nd's

FA

Jarvis Landry WR

Terrell Pryor WR

Josh McCown QB

Carlos Hyde RB

Kyle Fuller CB

DRAFT

#1- QB Sam Darnold

#4- #4 & #64 to Jets for #6 #37 #49 & 2019 2nd

#6- #6 to Arizona for #15 #47 & 2019 1st & 3rd

trade #33 #65 & Arizona 2019 3rd to Buffalo for #22

we now have Darnold,#15, #22, #35, #37 ,#47 & #49

look at the top 50 players, take the top 14 out.  we can have 6 of the next 36. would you do it.  who would you take.

#15- Vita Vea DT

#22- Josh Jackson CB

#35- Derrius  Guice RB

#37- Isaiah Oliver CB

#47- Ryan O'Neil OT

#49- Ronnie Harrison S

elfman

Hotep Good Brothers.,

Here is my post Combine Invite draft. I compiled all my research and almost put it in its own topic LOL, but I would like the Brothers to give it the once over and critique, comment or correct it as seen fit.

1rst Sam Darnold QB, USC
Height: 6-4. Weight: 225

We go get the Franchise QB and let him begin learning the NFL with NO PRESSURE to start as a rookie. Remember this kid is a Red Shirt Soph…just as young as Deshon Kizer (Who I still want to see how he develops)

1rst Minkah Fitzpatrick FS, Alabama
Height: 6-1. Weight: 207

We get our centerfielder that we need so badly, which will allow JP to move to SS where I think he is going to be a Pro Bowler. We got our Defensive QB here.

2ndArden Key, DE, LSU
Height: 6-5. Weight: 260

I started mocking passrushers here with Marcus Davenport back in Nov, vs a lot of the CB, WR and OT picks I saw in a lot of other mocks in here. I see the rest of the country has now caught up with how good that kid is, so I started mocking Key as the “Slipper” pick..and from the mocks in here now, I see this is a popular pick, so I leave it here. Another couple of kids that might fit here if you haven’t heard of them yet (Harold Landry B.C. and Dorance Armstrong jr. KU)

2nd Sony Michel, RB, Georgia
Height: 5-11. Weight: 212

We replace the crow with one of my favorite backs in the draft, going back to the guy that was in my first mock draft, after Bryce Love replace him in my draft….but he decided to go back to school. Makes this an easy choice. (Also futures tip here….De’andre Swift the freshman at UGA that backed up the pair…might be better than Michel and Chubb….keep an eye out for that kid next year)

2nd Equanimeous St. Brown, WR, Notre Dame Height: 6-4. Weight: 205

This is three birds with one stone, we go get a potential #1 Wr, who was also our #2 QB’s top target in college and he’s a steal at this point in the draft

3rd Anthony Miller, WR, Memphis
Height: 5-11. Weight: 190

One of my Favorite Players in the Draft…great Hands and Great Route runner. Isaac Bruce mixed with Marvin Harrison IMO.

4th J.C. Jackson, CB, Maryland
Height: 6-1. Weight: 193

We start off day 3 going back to rebuilding the secondary. We grab a tremendous talent that would have potentially be a 1rst round pick had he not got booted out of UF.

4th Darius Leonard, ILB/OLB, South Carolina State
Height: 6-3. Weight: 235

We go to my home state here and grab the Kid from O’Berg, flexible and versatile, we need to rebuild SOME depth at LB. This kid can play any position in a 4-3 and a ILB in a 3-4. (Alternate Pick here would be Lorenzo Carter OLB UGA 6-6 242..reminds me a LOT of Tremaine Edumds...another name to watch is Sione Teuhema SE LA.)

5th Marquis Haynes, DPR, Ole Miss
Height: 6-3. Weight: 233

Adding a DPR who’s built in the Mold of Leonard Little/Elvis Dumerville/Robert Mathis. (Alternate Picks here would be Ja’Von Rolland-Jones Arkansas St...Ade Aruna Tulane and Jaylon Furgeson La Tech)

5th Danny Johnson, CB, Southern
Height: 5-10. Weight: 188

Small school CB who I feel is going to be that next small school CB who develops into a nice NFL CB.

6th Richie James, WR, Middle Tennessee
Height: 5-9. Weight: 180
Antonio Brown Clone….he would not be available this low had he not been hurt this year. (Futures tip…I watched some MTSU games this year…they got some young DE’s down there that are spectacular, remember the names Myers and Gonzalez)

7th Kamryn Pettway, FB, Auburn
Height: 6-0. Weight: 238

Originally had a debate whether to take him or Kalen Ballage here as a FB…then the Sr. Bowl happened…now everyone in the scouting community seems to have found out who Kalen Ballage is, leaving me the easy choice here…Hopefully he’s still available.

Top UDFA’s

Ebenezer Ogundeko, DE/DPR, Tenn St. (ex-Clemson-transfer)
Height: 6-2. Weight: 255

In an alternate draft, I have us taking the DPR from Ole miss and this kid in round 7, with a clear 1rst round talent slipping to us at the top of round 2 (vs. the Key, Landry, Devenport..if Davenport is there it’s a no brainer)

Larry Allen III, OG/OC, Harvard
Height: 6-4. Weight: 285

Pure pick up for the bloodlines...put him on the PS and train him up a bit.

Rashard Fant, CB, Indiana
Height: 5-10. Weight: 180

Found this kid when I was scouting Wr. Simmie Cobbs and TE Ian Thomas (a kid from Baltimore, I really like him in the draft)…I wouldn’t mind adding this kid late, if we miss JC Jackson is round 4….Danny Johnson and this kid in the 6th/7th would be a solid pair of 3rd day CB’s.

FA UDFA OL I want to get some of the talent that slips through the cracks. My top 5 potential UDFA’s OT’s (#1 was Brandon Parker, nice OT from a small HBCU...scouts finally caught on this year)

Aaron Stinnie 6’5 310 OT James Maddison

Cody O’Connell 6-9 354 OG/OT Wash. St.

Greg Senat 6-7 300 OT Wagner

Brett Toth 6-6 305 OT Army

Alex Cappa 6-7 305 OT Humbolt St.

Please have at it.....all comments are welcome ;)

37 minutes ago, CWood21 said:

That's a WILDLY unrealistic trade.  4/64 for 6/37 is more than fair.  Maybe New York adds something a little extra, but they're not adding in TWO 2nd round picks.

4/64 for 6/37 is about even per the trade chart and less than fair for Cleveland by context to the situation. That said, I agree that that trade is too much as is. I expect Cleveland to benefit in trade chart value because it'll be for a quarterback but expect more like 4/123 for 6/49/72. Cleveland would benefit by a mid 2nd rounder. I don't see Cleveland trading back for a third rounder to lose out on Saquon at 4 just to take Chubb at 6.

4 hours ago, NudeTayne said:

Nice work here, @DaWg_LB. Where is your FA off-season, though? I'm guessing you signed a corner? 

Yes, my bad....I did all that work and forgot to include my list of Free agents.

I'll list them tomorrow, I am shutting down at work now ;) and gotta pull my list back out....

But I do remember my top #1 Free agent (That's currently available....I always hold out hope that Cardinals will cut Patrick Peterson xD)

#1 Free agent signing Trumaine Johnson.....

6 hours ago, DaWg_LB. said:

Hotep Good Brothers.,

Here is my post Combine Invite draft. I compiled all my research and almost put it in its own topic LOL, but I would like the Brothers to give it the once over and critique, comment or correct it as seen fit.

1rst Sam Darnold QB, USC
Height: 6-4. Weight: 225

We go get the Franchise QB and let him begin learning the NFL with NO PRESSURE to start as a rookie. Remember this kid is a Red Shirt Soph…just as young as Deshon Kizer (Who I still want to see how he develops)

1rst Minkah Fitzpatrick FS, Alabama
Height: 6-1. Weight: 207

We get our centerfielder that we need so badly, which will allow JP to move to SS where I think he is going to be a Pro Bowler. We got our Defensive QB here.

2ndArden Key, DE, LSU
Height: 6-5. Weight: 260

I started mocking passrushers here with Marcus Davenport back in Nov, vs a lot of the CB, WR and OT picks I saw in a lot of other mocks in here. I see the rest of the country has now caught up with how good that kid is, so I started mocking Key as the “Slipper” pick..and from the mocks in here now, I see this is a popular pick, so I leave it here. Another couple of kids that might fit here if you haven’t heard of them yet (Harold Landry B.C. and Dorance Armstrong jr. KU)

2nd Sony Michel, RB, Georgia
Height: 5-11. Weight: 212

We replace the crow with one of my favorite backs in the draft, going back to the guy that was in my first mock draft, after Bryce Love replace him in my draft….but he decided to go back to school. Makes this an easy choice. (Also futures tip here….De’andre Swift the freshman at UGA that backed up the pair…might be better than Michel and Chubb….keep an eye out for that kid next year)

2nd Equanimeous St. Brown, WR, Notre Dame Height: 6-4. Weight: 205

This is three birds with one stone, we go get a potential #1 Wr, who was also our #2 QB’s top target in college and he’s a steal at this point in the draft

3rd Anthony Miller, WR, Memphis
Height: 5-11. Weight: 190

One of my Favorite Players in the Draft…great Hands and Great Route runner. Isaac Bruce mixed with Marvin Harrison IMO.

4th J.C. Jackson, CB, Maryland
Height: 6-1. Weight: 193

We start off day 3 going back to rebuilding the secondary. We grab a tremendous talent that would have potentially be a 1rst round pick had he not got booted out of UF.

4th Darius Leonard, ILB/OLB, South Carolina State
Height: 6-3. Weight: 235

We go to my home state here and grab the Kid from O’Berg, flexible and versatile, we need to rebuild SOME depth at LB. This kid can play any position in a 4-3 and a ILB in a 3-4. (Alternate Pick here would be Lorenzo Carter OLB UGA 6-6 242..reminds me a LOT of Tremaine Edumds...another name to watch is Sione Teuhema SE LA.)

5th Marquis Haynes, DPR, Ole Miss
Height: 6-3. Weight: 233

Adding a DPR who’s built in the Mold of Leonard Little/Elvis Dumerville/Robert Mathis. (Alternate Picks here would be Ja’Von Rolland-Jones Arkansas St...Ade Aruna Tulane and Jaylon Furgeson La Tech)

5th Danny Johnson, CB, Southern
Height: 5-10. Weight: 188

Small school CB who I feel is going to be that next small school CB who develops into a nice NFL CB.

6th Richie James, WR, Middle Tennessee
Height: 5-9. Weight: 180
Antonio Brown Clone….he would not be available this low had he not been hurt this year. (Futures tip…I watched some MTSU games this year…they got some young DE’s down there that are spectacular, remember the names Myers and Gonzalez)

7th Kamryn Pettway, FB, Auburn
Height: 6-0. Weight: 238

Originally had a debate whether to take him or Kalen Ballage here as a FB…then the Sr. Bowl happened…now everyone in the scouting community seems to have found out who Kalen Ballage is, leaving me the easy choice here…Hopefully he’s still available.

Top UDFA’s

Ebenezer Ogundeko, DE/DPR, Tenn St. (ex-Clemson-transfer)
Height: 6-2. Weight: 255

In an alternate draft, I have us taking the DPR from Ole miss and this kid in round 7, with a clear 1rst round talent slipping to us at the top of round 2 (vs. the Key, Landry, Devenport..if Davenport is there it’s a no brainer)

Larry Allen III, OG/OC, Harvard
Height: 6-4. Weight: 285

Pure pick up for the bloodlines...put him on the PS and train him up a bit.

Rashard Fant, CB, Indiana
Height: 5-10. Weight: 180

Found this kid when I was scouting Wr. Simmie Cobbs and TE Ian Thomas (a kid from Baltimore, I really like him in the draft)…I wouldn’t mind adding this kid late, if we miss JC Jackson is round 4….Danny Johnson and this kid in the 6th/7th would be a solid pair of 3rd day CB’s.

FA UDFA OL I want to get some of the talent that slips through the cracks. My top 5 potential UDFA’s OT’s (#1 was Brandon Parker, nice OT from a small HBCU...scouts finally caught on this year)

Aaron Stinnie 6’5 310 OT James Maddison

Cody O’Connell 6-9 354 OG/OT Wash. St.

Greg Senat 6-7 300 OT Wagner

Brett Toth 6-6 305 OT Army

Alex Cappa 6-7 305 OT Humbolt St.

Please have at it.....all comments are welcome ;)

Man I remember Ogundeko coming out of high school, I wanted him to come to Syracuse so bad

Players I believe in Mock 

The Draft

**** Philosophy: Create as many positional units that can be a decisive force on the field.

1(1) Browns Select: Sam Darnold QB USC

1(2) New York Giants select Josh Rosen QB UCLA

1(3) Indianapolis Colts select Saquon Barkley RB Penn State

1(4) Browns Select: Minkah Fitzpatrick SS/NCB Alabama (Gregg Williams decides Jabrill will stay in FS limbo or he'll force Minkah to play FS)

***Trade**** Both of our early 2nd round picks traded for late 1st round picks; Give up both 4th round picks and future considerations. We traded a 4th round pick to trade up from the 2nd to the 1st last year to select David Njoku. So, we essentially do that trade twice this year.

**1(27) Browns Select: Mike Hughes CB UCF

**1(28) Browns Select: Mike McGlinchey LT Notre Dame //  Marcus Davenport DE UTSA // Derwin James SS FSU

2, Browns Select: Derrius Guice RB LSU (Multiple lower body injury concerns and slow 40 time will drop him in the 2nd round)

3. Browns Select: Mark Andrews TE Oklahoma (Not going to test well will fall to end of round 2 or top of round 3 given TE talent depth) // James Washington WR OKST (Size and Speed concerns could make him this year's Cooper Kupp, highly productive WR)

5. Browns Select: Mark Walton RB Miami (Ankle and knee injury concerns drop him in the draft along with RB talent pool depth).

5. Browns Select: Duke Dawson CB Florida // Darious Williams CB UAB

6. Browns Select: Hunter Renfrow WR Clemson

7. Browns Select: BPA

Free Agents

AJ McCarron - QB
Kyle Fuller - CB
Terelle Pryor - WR
Carlos Hyde - RB

Trade 
Chiefs 5th for Aqib Talib - CB

1) Sam Darnold - QB
1) Bradley Chubb - DE

Trade 33 + 64 for mid first
1) Josh Jackson/Carlton Davis - CB

Trade 35 + 108 for late first
1) Mike McGlinchey - LT
3) Terrell Edmunds - FS 

Trade Carolina 4th and our 5th to move to top of the 4th round
4) Oren Burks - LB

Free Agency:

Sign AJ Mccaron, Terrelle Pryor, and Trumaine Johnson.

Extend Duke Johnson

Draft:

Round 1- Sam Darnold, QB, USC

Round 1- Minkah Fitzpatrick, FS, Alabama

Round 2- Jaire Alexander, CB, Louisville

Round 2- Andrew Brown, DT, Virginia

Round 2- Christian Kirk, WR, Texas A&M

Round 3- Royce Freeman, RB, Oregon

Round 4- Jaylen Samuels, FB/TE/RB/WR, NC State

Round 4- Josey Jewell, LB, Iowa

Round 5- Hercules Mata’afa, DT, Washington State

Round 5- Darius Leonard, OLB, South Carolina State