Is The Josh Allen Hype Forreal?

MistaBohmbastic

When you look at it though

He has BY FAR

the worst supporting cast out of the top 6 QBs

there is no James Washington, Jordan Laysley, Deontay Burnett, Mark Andrews, hell even Jaylon Smith on that team 

He's got a worse O line than Darnold did in the Sugar Bowl.

Allen drives the ball as good as I've seen from a prospect in a while. Those opposite hash throws he makes are pretty surreal and that deep ball is deadly

if he had some legit receivers 

I can just see what they're saying Senior Bowl is gonna be GIGANTIC for him

Senior bowl could legit be the difference from number 1 overall to Deshone Kizer 2nd round territory  

34 minutes ago, brownie man said:

If he shows out in the senior bowl I'd be more open to it 

I wanna see him at the combine too next to all these guys

but if he goes Carson Wentz in the Senior Bowl then you might be able to sway me 

Till then give me Darnold 

14 minutes ago, bosko1616 said:

Darnolds the pick till Josh Allen proves differently. If he kills at the senior bowl, combine, and private workouts. I’d be more willing to hear your argument but I can’t get passed his accuracy issues. 

Why does the Senior Bowl matter when there are 2 years of tape to form an opinion.

Carson Wentz won big time at NDSU.

Was far more advanced in pro pass offensive knowledge.

Wentz had all the intangibles w/ accuracy.

Drive throws aren't the issue...it's every other throw.

Allen and Wentz shouldn't be discussed together.

I don't care if Allen has the greatest Senior Bowl in the history of football and he walks on water in Mobile, AL...he's still not better than Rosen or Darnold.

If people are going to make threads, where they are asking a question... MAKE A DAMN POLL!!!!

if the Allen Hype is real, you take the best Non QB at 1 and take the best QB that is still there at 4. It’s going to be Rosen Darnold or Allen. 

If you want the rookie to be the day1 starter then there is no way in hell he is our QB target. If they want to sit and develop the guy then he could be in question.

3 hours ago, Mind Character said:

I don't care if Allen has the greatest Senior Bowl in the history of football and he walks on water in Mobile, AL...he's still not better than Rosen or Darnold.

Agree.

Go with the 2 years of tape, unless he somehow for some reason can establish that he has been saving himself for this moment.

1 hour ago, dawgdish said:

This. If we want to develop an inaccurate QB with a big arm, skip Allen and continue to develop Kizer.

It's got to be Darold or Rosen - even we can't screw this up. Can we?

To be fair, Kizers arm is nowhere near Allen’s. Both are pretty inaccurate, though.

4 hours ago, Mind Character said:

Why does the Senior Bowl matter when there are 2 years of tape to form an opinion.

Carson Wentz won big time at NDSU.

Was far more advanced in pro pass offensive knowledge.

Wentz had all the intangibles w/ accuracy.

Drive throws aren't the issue...it's every other throw.

Allen and Wentz shouldn't be discussed together.

Senior bowl is important because it’s him being surrounded by legit talent. Something he didn’t have before. 

Wentz is a bad argument. Wentz was the QB for the best program in his nation. NDSU is the Bama mt. Union of their division. He played for the team that had more talented than every other team. Allen was usually was out manned in just about every game

1 hour ago, buno67 said:

Senior bowl is important because it’s him being surrounded by legit talent. Something he didn’t have before. 

Wentz is a bad argument. Wentz was the QB for the best program in his nation. NDSU is the Bama mt. Union of their division. He played for the team that had more talented than every other team. Allen was usually was out manned in just about every game

If he completed 56% in college, I find it hard to believe that he will magically (unless maybe with Hueball Magic) improve on that in the NFL.

Witness Kizer

Big guy, great athlete, ya.

Great QB in the NFL?

TBD a way down the road.

So that would give us two Kizers with the second maybe being better than the first.

Not sure where that leads us but am pretty sure that there is no way that I would roll the dice that way.

Archived