National Championship Game | #4 Alabama vs #3 Georgia

WeaponX

Who wins?  

25 members have voted

1. 1. Who wins?

• #3 Georgia
    • #4 Alabama

This poll is closed to new votes

• Please sign in or register to vote in this poll.
  • Poll closed on 01/09/2018 at 01:30 AM

11 hours ago, Iamcanadian said:

Bama will likely roll, but it will be because they got a month off to rest their injured players, while Georgis got further beat up in their conference championship game. It gives Bama a huge edge in the playoffs and absolutely nothing to feel good about. It was a shameful selection and the NCAA should be ashamed of itself for selecting them. They will get zero credit when they win, just sorry I have to skip the game, because I do not like an unfair advantage given to one team???

How was it shameful? Bama had 1 loss to a top 10 team. They were an easy choice once Wisconsin lost. 

11 hours ago, Iamcanadian said:

Bama will likely roll, but it will be because they got a month off to rest their injured players, while Georgis got further beat up in their conference championship game. It gives Bama a huge edge in the playoffs and absolutely nothing to feel good about. It was a shameful selection and the NCAA should be ashamed of itself for selecting them. They will get zero credit when they win, just sorry I have to skip the game, because I do not like an unfair advantage given to one team???

I think it has more to do with them being a far superior team. Athlete for athlete, Bama is better than just about anyone.

I'm assuming you are mad OSU didn't get in. Compare their resume to that of Alabama's and tell me why the committee made the wrong choice. I don't want to hear the conference championship excuse--OSU got mollywhopped by an Iowa team that I'm pretty sure a FF all-star's team could have beaten. Alabama lost one time...to a team that ended the season in the top 10. OSU had multiple losses, including an unforgivable loss. The committee needs to weigh everything when deciding what teams advance. The fact that they put Alabama in...and they're probably going to win a national championship tells you all you need to know about whether or not they made the right choice.

This is coming from someone that hates Alabama and roots for OSU 99.9% of the time. Bama is still the most talented team in the country, as much as I'd love to tell you they weren't.

19 hours ago, devils1854 said:

Nice little article about Jake Fromm, and ultimately Mark Richt

https://georgia.247sports.com/Article/Jake-Fromms-decision-to-flip-from-Alabama-to-Georgia-was-a-no-brainer-his-dad-says-113161293

• Richt didnt go after Fromm because he didnt think he could get two great players in back to back years
  • Richt offered Cam Newton as a TE
  • Richt didnt offer another Georgia fan, Deshaun Watson, until the end of his junior year when his recruiting was pretty much wrapped up

Very classy way to treat a good coach who couldn't quite get you over the hump but still managed to put together the core of your current team.

1 hour ago, jrry32 said:

Very classy way to treat a good coach who couldn't quite get you over the hump but still managed to put together the core of your current team.

Truth is truth. He had tons of shortcomings. Its not like I posted anything that is untrue. 

4 minutes ago, devils1854 said:

Truth is truth. He had tons of shortcomings. Its not like I posted anything that is untrue. 

Well, no, you posted speculation and opinion on some of it. And even on the "truth," it's pretty misleading.

19 hours ago, RollEagles said:

This is a lame excuse.

It’s one more game. That extra game was one month ago. It’s not a massive difference.

There was a month to rest before the playoffs and both teams have a week before the title game.

The teams that played in their conference Championships, did not get a month off???? Only Alabama did!!!

Every player is banged up in some way by season's end, but the Conference Champions had to play one more very tough opponent in their conference playoff, which banged them up even more, while the Alabama's players got a month off to recover both from serious injuries and many, many minor ones. Ask any HC and he will tell you it is a huge advantage to be able to rest your players before a Championship run, Alabama got it, the other teams had to play another very tough game and IMO, that gives Alabama a huge advantage over Georgia going into the final. It is just a sad note to what should have been a great final!!!

4 hours ago, Iamcanadian said:

The teams that played in their conference Championships, did not get a month off???? Only Alabama did!!!

Every player is banged up in some way by season's end, but the Conference Champions had to play one more very tough opponent in their conference playoff, which banged them up even more, while the Alabama's players got a month off to recover both from serious injuries and many, many minor ones. Ask any HC and he will tell you it is a huge advantage to be able to rest your players before a Championship run, Alabama got it, the other teams had to play another very tough game and IMO, that gives Alabama a huge advantage over Georgia going into the final. It is just a sad note to what should have been a great final!!!

November 25, 2017: Alabama at Auburn

December 2, 2017: Georgia vs. Auburn

January 8, 2018: Georgia vs. Alabama

If this championship game was being played on December 9, 2017, you’d have a very valid point. There’s been a month since Georgia played in the conference championship and Alabama was at home.

Both teams have clearly had plenty of time to rest. There’s a point of diminishing returns on something like this.

This just comes off as you trying to make excuses for the game and set the stage for an excuse if Alabama wins.

8 hours ago, mse326 said:

I think this game comes down to two players. Fromm and D. Harris. Whichever plays better, their team likely wins.

I agree. The one thing about Alabama recently is that they don’t really lose to teams built like Georgia. However, those games are usually close. 

This Georgia team might be the first team that plays like Alabama who is able to match talent level and coaching.

And most importantly, I think Georgia is able to match Alabama in terms of emphasizing no mistakes from your QBs. Fromm and Hurts really take care of the football and limit turnovers. That’s crucial in a matchup like this.

17 hours ago, jrry32 said:

Well, no, you posted speculation and opinion on some of it. And even on the "truth," it's pretty misleading.

Richt isn't very good. He'll never win anything outside of his titles as offensive coordinator at FSU.

1 hour ago, Danger said:

Speaking of National Championships, when does NDSU get to join the FBS and some conference like the American or something.

when they can afford 85 scholarships, adding women's scholarships to match, and then finding more money for recruiting/travel.

Archived