Weightlifting & Fitness - Everything old is new again!

fretgod99

11 hours ago, JonStark said:

It sounds absolutely horrible haha. I'm good for 2-3 miles before I hate my life. 

Yeah I’m too old for that sht.  My back and feet would hurt for a week and I’d likely be nursing blisters for god knows how long.

If I feel like hoofing it, I’ll stick to 2-5 miles walks/hikes carrying nothing but the end of a dog leash.

• Like 1

Got 2 lifts in, 3 walks/hikes, a 95 minute and 750 calorie landscaping with a rake/hand claw tiller/shovel workout in, and 2 bike rides of 20-30 minutes on my stationary this week. 7 days of exercise. Feels good. I’d have loved to have gotten a third lift in, but the landscaping may as well have been a full body HIIT workout.

• Like 1

On 4/16/2022 at 9:54 AM, MWil23 said:

Got 2 lifts in, 3 walks/hikes, a 95 minute and 750 calorie landscaping with a rake/hand claw tiller/shovel workout in, and 2 bike rides of 20-30 minutes on my stationary this week. 7 days of exercise. Feels good. I’d have loved to have gotten a third lift in, but the landscaping may as well have been a full body HIIT workout.

There is nothing better than workouts with purpose. Landscaping, helping friends move, etc. I love being able to get something accomplished while simultaneously working out.

My friends and wife think I'm crazy, but I volunteer to help everyone move. Great excuse to skip the gym, still get a full body workout in, and hang out with some friends.

• Like 1

On 4/19/2022 at 3:43 PM, minutemancl said:

There is nothing better than workouts with purpose. Landscaping, helping friends move, etc. I love being able to get something accomplished while simultaneously working out.

My friends and wife think I'm crazy, but I volunteer to help everyone move. Great excuse to skip the gym, still get a full body workout in, and hang out with some friends.

Frustrated Clint Eastwood GIF

My friends know damned well they can pay for a moving company lol.  If I don’t move my own ish, I’m sure as hell not moving yours 😂 

• Like 1

40 minutes ago, LETSGOBROWNIES said:

Frustrated Clint Eastwood GIF

My friends know damned well they can pay for a moving company lol.  If I don’t move my own ish, I’m sure as hell not moving yours 😂 

I recognize it is insane person behavior, but at least it is helpful insane person behavior.

I'm still relatively young (mid-20s), and my friends are the same, so we've still got maybe a few years before we are at the point where we all hire movers instead of doing it ourselves. Our backs haven't given out yet

• Like 1

1 hour ago, minutemancl said:

I recognize it is insane person behavior, but at least it is helpful insane person behavior.

I'm still relatively young (mid-20s), and my friends are the same, so we've still got maybe a few years before we are at the point where we all hire movers instead of doing it ourselves. Our backs haven't given out yet

Lol that’s fair. My 40 year old back ain’t having it. 

• Like 1

19 hours ago, MWil23 said:

I’ve been able to workout about 10 of the last 11 days. I feel great and those unorthodox stretches have really helped stabilize my knees. I’d love some lower back stretches to those who have some good ones.

the second one is great for the piriformis. 

If you have an Incline Back Extension at your gym go on it sideways and bend to stretch the Quadratus Lumborum. 

• Like 1

On 4/20/2022 at 8:09 AM, minutemancl said:

New back squat PR- 365. It felt great too. I feel confident I'll be able to hit 400 by the end of the year, which is my goal.

4 plates on each side is a great feeling. You are almost there.

Edited by Matts4313
  • Like 1

21 hours ago, MWil23 said:

I’ve been able to workout about 10 of the last 11 days. I feel great and those unorthodox stretches have really helped stabilize my knees. I’d love some lower back stretches to those who have some good ones.

Walk me through these lower back stretches if you find them

Edited by Matts4313
  • Like 1