Bennett out as OC, Van Pelt out as QB Coach

Hawkfan191

Does anybody have a working talley? Seems more are gone than still under contract at the moment......
These guys are on the offensive side no? Yesterday two defensive guys were shown the door.......ahhhhhhh plus DC. Cant forget about him!

Cleaning house in GB....

Just now, CWood21 said:

I mean, Joe Philbin and Ben McAdoo were two offensive coaches who got HC gig.  Had Edgar Bennett not gotten the OC job in Green Bay, I'd suspect he would have gotten sniffs as well.  And we know Winston Moss has had plenty of interviews.

Those are freeze dried pine cones next to a dying tree.

I'm not touching the Moss or Bennett things, but why anyone in their right mind would hire those guys to do anything but coach LBs or RBs is beyond me.

Just now, Leader said:

Does anybody have a working talley? Seems more are gone than still under contract at the moment......
These guys are on the offensive side no? Yesterday two defensive guys were shown the door.

Cleaning house in GB....

Fired?  Van Pelt, Bennett, Trg, and McCurley were fired.

1 minute ago, skibrett15 said:

Those are freeze dried pine cones next to a dying tree.

I'm not touching the Moss or Bennett things, but why anyone in their right mind would hire those guys to do anything but coach LBs or RBs is beyond me.

I'm just answering your question.  I mean, it's pretty clear the pressure is on Mike next year.

10 minutes ago, Rodjahs12 said:

The more people that get fired the more convinced I'm becoming McCarthy is essentially a dead man walking unless he wins a super bowl or the offense at least goes back to being elite very soon.

Lots of illusions regarding the 2017 Packer coaching staff/management being shattered up in Green Bay these past few days.

I'm not a big knee jerk "fire him now" kind of guy, but the recent culture around this team coupled with the most recent results (I thought MM was the QB guru...) and the stagnant offensive scheme (I swear if I see 82 run one 3 yard out route/ 4 iso routes that are 3 yards short of the sticks on third down...) has me ready for new blood.

Just now, MNPackfan32 said:

I think everything that happened so far has been. If Rodgers stays healthy and we are in the playoffs, none of this happens iyam.

I'm new around here but from where I come.....there was significant "in season / progress of the car crash" chit chat about how we handle the backup QB position going forward. Similar discussions around here? In general, what was the consensus.....or was there a consensus?

MM giving up play calling and taking it back kinda ruined the dynamics of the offensive coaching staff and MM has been juggling it around trying to make it work. Clements basically retired because of this. I was never happy with Bennett as OC...there wasn't much creativity with our offense which implies he was lacking in the X and Os aspect of the game when he always been fantastic teaching technique as a position coach. MM wiping the slate clean was probably the right thing to do.

Van Pelt failed with Hundley. 3 years and very little improvement to show for it. I would be surprised if MM hires a young unproven guy like Raih to become the new QB coach. Maybe he sees an opportunity to bring in someone like Graham Harrell who actually has experience playing the position and has been in the Packers system before.

Archived