New Coordinators(If Needed)

vikings209

12 minutes ago, BWG VIKE said:

One thing that is certain with Zimmer is that he values experience when it comes to his offensive coaching staff as he seems to lean on them pretty hard allowing him to focus more on the defense and in game management. I could seem them promoting Stefanski to keep continuity offensively but I would still expect one of either McAdoo, McCoy or BeVell to take over QB coach.

QB Coach/Assistant HC.  

8 minutes ago, Nozizaki said:

I'm a little adverse to promoting from within just because of how garbage the game plan against Philly was. My top priorities would be Darell Bevell or Ben McAdoo. If not, then Stefanski isn't a bad option, in my opinion.

I don't think you can hold Stefanski responsible for that.

On 1/4/2018 at 11:33 AM, vikings209 said:

With all the attention that Shumur and Edwards are getting for HC positions around the league, we may need to look at getting one maybe two new coordinators. 

Who would you guys like to fill those roles?

If Edwards leaves I would like to see Patterson get a shot at DC. I have no clue who I'd want as OC. 

Patterson was a good kick returner, but he never struck me as the sharpest tool in the shed.  Not only that, but he was an offensive player, so he probably isn't all that great of a defensive mind.  He is also out in Oakland now, so the opportunity to hire him as a DC has probably passed for us.  ;)

qs8mr5.jpg

12 minutes ago, Freakout said:

McAdoo would worry me.  You have to look at this from the players perspective.  How many guys would really be happy to see him hired?  The way Eli was treated isn't something players ignore.

Wasn't it Eli's call to not start at all instead starting the game and a different qb taking over? 

4 minutes ago, vikesfan89 said:

Wasn't it Eli's call to not start at all instead starting the game and a different qb taking over? 

Yeah but it still was messed up.  Bench him to get a better look at Geno Smith.  I know fans like to play the "its just business" card but players are not fans.

5 minutes ago, gopherwrestler said:

Jason isn't always right, but it would not surprise me.

He’s not the only one reporting it, as well. 

And while there’s no one left on the coaching staff (other than Stefanski) who was here when Bevell was, it would be interesting to see a coach come back to a team that he was fired from. 

14 minutes ago, SemperFeist said:

He’s not the only one reporting it, as well. 

And while there’s no one left on the coaching staff (other than Stefanski) who was here when Bevell was, it would be interesting to see a coach come back to a team that he was fired from. 

Weren't some saying that he'd be a perfect coordinator for Teddy Bridgewater?

6 minutes ago, TENINCH said:

Weren't some saying that he'd be a perfect coordinator for Teddy Bridgewater?

His offensive style would definitely fit Bridgewater’s strengths, and the overall talent of the team. 

Pretty much any offensive scheme that is centered around quick, timing routes, and based out of shotgun formations would fit Bridgewater’s strengths. 

1 hour ago, Freakout said:

McAdoo would worry me.  You have to look at this from the players perspective.  How many guys would really be happy to see him hired?  The way Eli was treated isn't something players ignore.

But, in the end, it was the right thing to do, as they weren't going anywhere with him.  He didn't handle the communication of it well, but it was a learning experience.  And FWIW, the Vikings' players weren't in the Giants' locker room, so why would they care?  As far as they would be concerned, he'd have a clean slate.   

I'm not opposed to Bevell since I think he got the short end of the stick here but I think it'd be hard to sell to fans. 

I don't like McAdoo. I don't know much about his offense style but given how his offenses have produced, I don't think the players on the roster are the right fit for his offense. 

Archived