ESPN Story on Patriots

CKSteeler

PFT has confirmed, as reported by Bruce Allen of Boston Sports Media Watch, that ESPN will publish a new story about the Patriots on Friday. The focal point reportedly will be the relationship between quarterback Tom Brady, coach Bill Belichick, and owner Robert Kraft and, specifically, the existence of a rift among the three central figures in the 16-year run of unparalleled NFL success.

Allen contends that the ESPN report will explain the struggle flows from the question of which member of the trio deserves the most credit for the franchise’s success, and that the report suggests the rift is so severe that this could be the last year that the three men work together. According to Allen, the ESPN report also claims that Brady went to Kraft to force the trade that sent Jimmy Garoppolo to the 49ers.

A source with knowledge of the ESPN report tells PFT that the ESPN report will not contend that Brady tried to force a trade. Beyond that, the specifics of the report aren’t currently known.

http://profootballtalk.nbcsports.com/2018/01/04/espn-story-about-patriots-coming/

It's been bubbling beneath the surface all year. Jimmy the Great was traded angering many Pats fans, Tom's Alejandro was banned from team facilities, and one GM actually asked Belichick to trade him Tom Brady.

The Pats once again can somehow play the us against the world card despite being clear favorites to win it all. The only real takeaway here is that Belichick would probably Montana Brady, sending him out to greener pasture if left to his own devices. But Kraft would never allow it. It's the first Pats scandal that could really divide the Pats fanbase.

I think only Brady, Kraft and Patriots fans think Tom Brady has more to do with winning five Super Bowls than Bill Belichick.  Unless people think it's a coincidence the Patriots have had a top 10 defense more often than not in Brady's career.  Show me a list a Hall of Fame QBs that can say that and I'll show you a list with Tom Brady's name written on it and nobody else's. 

OMG. Hire Belicheck as the new "GM" of the Texans. He'll let Bill O'Brien serve as "Head Coach" which will mean nothing more than doing post game press conferences, letting Belly actually work his magic.

Belly. Coaching Watson, Watt, Clowney, Mercilius, Hopkins.

My heart is ready. 

This is a sensationalized story which was extrapolated from the Alex Guerrero rumors a couple months ago, there's little backing to it from all reports I've read today. ESPN knows the Brady/BB/Patriot haters gobble this kind of stuff up so they put it out anyway. See posts above from said haters already relishing in the suspense of another Patriot controversy lol

Love how these stories always come out during the playoffs, every year like clock work. Don't you guys realize the will just galvanize the Pats and end up with Brady hoisting the Lombardi yet again?:D

16 minutes ago, TheKillerNacho said:

Yeah this really doesn't belong into NFL News. I'm moving it to NFL General where things like this go to the abyss. Among other things.

It's a bit early, but, no. By tomorrow it's going to be a real thing that is going to the the talk of the talking heads.

Allen contends that the ESPN report will explain the struggle flows from the question of which member of the trio deserves the most credit for the franchise’s success

The idea that there's a struggle over who deserves credit that could lead to the unraveling of the whole thing seems specious at best. These three guys have been working together for 17 years now (18 if you count Brady's rookie year). Doesn't seem like the relationship would not only survive but remain successful for so long if that specific sort of friction existed. 

And a bunch of beat writers have already knocked down the idea that Brady or Kraft had any decisive role in getting Garoppolo traded.

10 minutes ago, CKSteeler said:

It's a bit early, but, no. By tomorrow it's going to be a real thing that is going to the the talk of the talking heads.

NFL News is for actual discussion about factual events. If that is the case of this upcoming ESPN article, please feel free to post it in NFL News.

But if it is speculative, inferred, and/or biased nonsense as I am used to seeing from these articles, it belongs here.

To be clear: NFL News wants nothing to do with who between Belichick, Brady, and Kraft is most responsible for the Patriots' success. It simply isn't news, it's banter (and even that is probably praising it for more than it is).

Also might I remind you I'm a Dolphins fan. Trust me I love legitimate Patriot hate, but this is just dumb crap written by beat writers.

Bellicheck deserves the credit, not even a debate tbh.

Brady is great but he doesn't win any SBs without Bellicheck's coaching in his early seasons and he'd be out of the league before he ever got a shot or a backup at best. 

Just now, DontTazeMeBro said:

I really hope Kraft doesn’t think he’s actually in the discussion of who deserves the most credit 

He's an old rich guy who throws around money so younger men endanger their health for his amusement. Of course he thinks he deserves credit.

32 minutes ago, HorizontoZenith said:

I think only Brady, Kraft and Patriots fans think Tom Brady has more to do with winning five Super Bowls than Bill Belichick.  Unless people think it's a coincidence the Patriots have had a top 10 defense more often than not in Brady's career.  Show me a list a Hall of Fame QBs that can say that and I'll show you a list with Tom Brady's name written on it and nobody else's. 

He’ll always be greater than Rodgers. Get over it.

Archived