One name.. Alex Smith

brownie man

What to do if we trade for Alex Smith?  

28 members have voted

1. 1. Best option

• Still take QB at 1 and go BPA at 4
    • Draft Saquon at 1 and Minkah at 4 get QB later
    • Get either Saquon Chubb or Minkah after trade down from 1 or 4 to get more picks
    • Trade down from 1 and 4

14 minutes ago, bruceb said:

Not sure I would even would go that high.

Maybe our 4th.

And that's if they even will deal with Dorsey.

I mean, they did fire him.

They fired him, but if they have decided it’s Mahomes’ time and want to move Smith, if we can help them out, I’m sure they would take the draft pick. 

5 minutes ago, Thomas5737 said:

If the Chiefs are replacing Smith with a rookie who was drafted 10th overall the year after Smith's best season how long are we going to wait to replace him having a #1 overall QB waiting in the wings? I'm not giving up a top pick to borrow a QB for a year to magically do what Hoyer, McCown, RGIII, Garcia, Wallace, Campbell, Delhomme, Dilfer, etc... couldn't do. By the way that is me saying we have tried vet QBs in the past and it doesn't really do anything more than the young QBs do in terms of success. Sign one? Sure, whatever, but i'm not giving up draft capital for a temporary bandaid.

There is a difference, Alex Smith is twice the QB than any of those guys mentioned. He is a Pro Bowler, lowest turnover rate in NFL and a playoff caliber QB.

So you just want to keep throwing 21 year olds into the fire and rinse/repeat with 3-13 seasons?

2 hours ago, AkronsWitness said:

I also find it hilarious how people use 'well he can ONLY get us to the playoffs and not a championship, no thanks' as some sort of measuring stick.

Man you just went 1-31 in the last 2 seasons and you nitpicking a QB who can ONLY get you to the playoffs next season!?!?

A 8-8 season next year would feel like we made the Super Bowl after sitting through the last 3 seasons.

1000% facts

1 minute ago, AkronsWitness said:

There is a difference, Alex Smith is twice the QB than any of those guys mentioned. He is a Pro Bowler, lowest turnover rate in NFL and a playoff caliber QB.

So you just want to keep throwing 21 year olds into the fire and rinse/repeat with 3-13 seasons?

3 times in a few cases

The smartest thing we could do this year would be to stabilize the most unstable position we’ve had for the past decade. I’d trade 35,60,or 64 for Alex Smith. That would allow our #1 QB to sit for atleast a year hopefully 2-3 full years when we get rid of HUE. Honestly I’d trade for Smith and make him the highest paid QB for the next Two years with an option on the third year so he’s happy. Oh he’s average he’s this he’s that. Just stop. How can you be anything but happy about trading for a ProBowl QB with playoff experience. I’m multiple schemes while our franchise guy sits. 

1 minute ago, Aztec Hammer said:

All hinges on knowing we also took a QB at #1. I wouldn't want Darnold to play immediately, and Smith would be my favourite choice for a vet to mentor him and actually play well at the same time.

That would be the smartest thing we've done since the return. This literally would be how you guarantee short term and long term success and most of all, an offensive identity.

4 minutes ago, hornbybrown said:

Guys, are the Chiefs really moving on from Alex Smith after his best season ever? I doubt it, I think MaHomes is sitting for another season which won’t do him any harm 

I think the money comes into it too. Mahomes cap hit I heard is something like $500k whilst Smith is around $17m.

Only the Eagles have less cap space than Chiefs.

Just now, Aztec Hammer said:

I think the money comes into it too. Mahomes cap hit I heard is something like $500k whilst Smith is around $17m.

Only the Eagles have less cap space than Chiefs.

Ok that makes sense but if he takes them deep into the playoffs they kind of have to find away to make the money work

3 minutes ago, hornbybrown said:

Guys, are the Chiefs really moving on from Alex Smith after his best season ever? I doubt it, I think MaHomes is sitting for another season which won’t do him any harm 

Nah, I think they move on and bank on Smith's regression. No reason for them stunt their future another year, especially when they have a playoff roster 

KC wants to move on from Smith because of his contract more so than the rookie. Got a talent young kid, give him his shot and take the money saved to improve the team. They are betting that the rest of the team is good enough to carry Mahomes, where prior Smith was carrying the team

2 minutes ago, buno67 said:

KC wants to move on from Smith because of his contract more so than the rookie. Got a talent young kid, give him his shot and take the money saved to improve the team. They are betting that the rest of the team is good enough to carry Mahomes, where prior Smith was carrying the team

mahomes looks like he could become a brettFavre type player. 

Archived