2017-18 Playoffs

Sugashane

28 minutes ago, CBears019 said:

Holy Minnesota.  Didn’t get to watch it but i was listening on my drive home from work.  It just feels like they’re the hot team this year.  As much as I’d hate to see a division rival win, i think they’re winning the super bowl this year.

I sure hope not.  They remind me of the 2006 Chicago Bears team a little bit.

I don't think Keenum will be able to keep up with Brady, provided that NE beats Jax next Sunday and Minny beats Philly.

Vikes may just get homefield advantage in the SB tho and that cannot be overlooked.

14 hours ago, AZBearsFan said:

Feel terrible for Marcus Williams. He’s been really good all year too. 

Got to watch that with my sons waiting for to go food at Chili’s. Spent the whole ride home trying to explain to them the magnitude of that sports moment and how they’ll see it over and over again for the rest of their lives. Incredible, incredible finish to that game. 

Awful. Same deal as with Conte in 2013, he doesn’t deserve the flak he’s getting. A game can come down to one play, but there are usually 4-5 plays where if somebody had done something differently, they would have never been in that situation to begin with.

With Conte it was the Alshon fumble, the forced fumble on Rodgers that nobody on the defense picked up, the phantom roughing the passer call on Shea McClellin, the defense not communicating the coverage when they checked into the nickel blitz, and Julius Peppers taking an inside angle on the game-winning TD and losing contain. Had any one of those things gone differently, Conte could have never been in that situation.

17 minutes ago, IronMike84 said:

Awful. Same deal as with Conte in 2013, he doesn’t deserve the flak he’s getting. A game can come down to one play, but there are usually 4-5 plays where if somebody had done something differently, they would have never been in that situation to begin with.

With Conte it was the Alshon fumble, the forced fumble on Rodgers that nobody on the defense picked up, the phantom roughing the passer call on Shea McClellin, the defense not communicating the coverage when they checked into the nickel blitz, and Julius Peppers taking an inside angle on the game-winning TD and losing contain. Had any one of those things gone differently, Conte could have never been in that situation.

People also seem to forget that a big reason the Saints were able to come back in that game and potentially win was because of Marcus Williams' huge momentum shifting INT on Keenum early in the 2nd half.  Give the kid a break.  

23 minutes ago, Madmike90 said:

What is going on in Tennessee??

I’m not advocating mediocrity any means, but for everybody who complains about Bears ownership, MAN could it be a whole lot worse. The stuff that going on in Tennessee, Jim Irsay in Indi, Mark Davis, Tampa’s ownership is a little off, Jerry Jones back when his drafts made no sense, Jimmy Haslam...

15 hours ago, AZBearsFan said:

Compared to the top teams sure, but the gap between ours and those in the bottom half of the playoff team spectrum is minimal, especially on defense, and having a non-Tecmo Bowl offensive play calling card will make up for some of that difference as well. We need offensive skill position players on the perimeter no doubt. 

I agree that the Bears aren't far from the low-level playoff teams; in fact, I think that the team will be vying for a wildcard spot next season. That said, when comparing the roster to that of the Eagles or Vikings, the Bears are weaker at nearly every position (except QB – at least when compared to Keenum, Foles, which feels strange to utter). 

4 hours ago, yomyyo said:

I agree that the Bears aren't far from the low-level playoff teams; in fact, I think that the team will be vying for a wildcard spot next season. That said, when comparing the roster to that of the Eagles or Vikings, the Bears are weaker at nearly every position (except QB – at least when compared to Keenum, Foles, which feels strange to utter). 

To be fair we picked in the top 3 just last year. To compare our roster to those of two 13-win teams that’s what you should expect to see. 

57 minutes ago, Superman(DH23) said:

The successive calls at the end of the half were jokes.  At least the helmet to helmet i get but its a result call.  Church leads with the shoulder but helmets collide.  The PI is such a horrible call it should b opi

Agreed. The ball wasn't catchable and both receiver and defender were pushing.

Archived