Rams 2018 offseason

holt_bruce81

1 hour ago, Car_Ramrod said:

Sadly, I agree with you. I have a feeling he will go to the highest bidder

It’s called the Wade and LA effect. Plus if he is smart, playing next to Donald should be something that would spark him to sign so they can dominate the NFL together and win a championship.

6 minutes ago, stl4life07 said:

It’s called the Wade and LA effect. Plus if he is smart, playing next to Donald should be something that would spark him to sign so they can dominate the NFL together and win a championship.

That's not how Suh operates.

I've got a feeling he's gonna go somewhere on a one-year deal. Dolphins costed him millions by cutting him a few days after the start of free agency. He'll cash in next off-season.

For that reason, pay the man what he wants for one season and get that comp pick.

56 minutes ago, BEASToftheEAST4 said:

Let Suh sign somewhere else. I wouldn't even entertain the thought of signing him for the amount of money he'll ask for. If there's even the slightest chance that signing him jeopardizes extending Donald, then it's a big mistake. 

We have over $100M in projected cap space in 2019.  When the news release came that Les and Donald's agent had reached agreement on "a timeline," that was a signal to me that "Les cleared a load of future cap space to ensure that Aaron is going to get a LOAD up front on his extension if he's just willing to be a bit patient."  Barring AD suffering a career-threatening injury, I don't think the Rams bat an eye at guaranteeing him large sums of money on a contract or structuring his deal in such a way that he's seeking another extension before the (hopefully impending) one is near expiration.  The bigger focus will be on the timing of future extensions of payouts relative to future extensions to Gurley and Goff.

3 minutes ago, The LBC said:

We have over $100M in projected cap space in 2019.  When the news release came that Les and Donald's agent had reached agreement on "a timeline," that was a signal to me that "Les cleared a load of future cap space to ensure that Aaron is going to get a LOAD up front on his extension if he's just willing to be a bit patient."  Barring AD suffering a career-threatening injury, I don't think the Rams bat an eye at guaranteeing him large sums of money on a contract or structuring his deal in such a way that he's seeking another extension before the (hopefully impending) one is near expiration.  The bigger focus will be on the timing of future extensions of payouts relative to future extensions to Gurley and Goff.

And Marcus Peters and Lamarcus Joyner.

A bit unrelated given recent rumors, but what ever happened to our interest in Terelle Pryor? I read we were interested and then that was the end of it. No visits or anything. 

I'd be a fan of signing him, assuming he'd come at a reasonable rate (no reason he shouldn't considering his last season). I like Reynolds a lot but I'm not 100% comfortable with him being the uncontested starter going into the season. I'd at least want some competition for the spot and some respectable depth. Jordan Matthews is another guy I'm interested in. 

15 minutes ago, BEASToftheEAST4 said:

A bit unrelated given recent rumors, but what ever happened to our interest in Terelle Pryor? I read we were interested and then that was the end of it. No visits or anything. 

I'd be a fan of signing him, assuming he'd come at a reasonable rate (no reason he shouldn't considering his last season). I like Reynolds a lot but I'm not 100% comfortable with him being the uncontested starter going into the season. I'd at least want some competition for the spot and some respectable depth. Jordan Matthews is another guy I'm interested in. 

Last we've heard he visited the Jets and Hawks. Along with him, Brice Butler, Jeff Janis, Cam Meredith, and Matthews would all be nice bargain signings.

34 minutes ago, BEASToftheEAST4 said:

personally I'd rather find our WR in the draft this year...I really like Ridley if we can get him early (long shot) if not, I really like Gallup or Miller to replace Sammy or compete w/Reynolds.

25 minutes ago, RamPackFan said:

personally I'd rather find our WR in the draft this year...I really like Ridley if we can get him early (long shot) if not, I really like Gallup or Miller to replace Sammy or compete w/Reynolds.

Not me. I'm not crazy about this receiver class and I don't want our hand forced in the draft. 

Archived