Brian Gutekunst to become Packers GM

deltarich87

3 minutes ago, Leader said:

I'm a bit mystifyed with all these Gute was the 3rd, 4th, 5th thru 9th choice. Where are these tea leaves coming from?
If he was so far down the list - why didnt they let him enjoy a pleasant interview with Texas? Somethings not computing. My left brains not connecting with my right side......

Because there were 4 other guys the Packers wanted to interview, but were denied. 2 of them would've been chosen over Gute, no doubt about it. 

I have no reason to think positively or negatively about this guy. As a TT fan, I like that we went with someone straight off the tree here. I only really am familiar with him from his draft press conferences. 

Here's a few - it'd be grasping at straws to try and conclude anything about the hire from these, but just for interest/familiarity purposes. 

http://www.packers.com/media-center/videos/Gutekunst-on-pick-No-61-S-Josh-Jones/b0da6513-4b24-4e11-92a7-fee10e2736ee

http://www.packers.com/media-center/videos/Gutekunst-on-Spriggs-His-athleticism-stands-out/5e32d848-0f51-428d-87a6-51765ab9a47e

2 minutes ago, Packerraymond said:

You'll realize on here that some posters are allergic to complementing the Packers.

While there are MANY here who love every single move the team makes. Neither is better than the other. 

Just now, Slinky said:

If those 2 were available, do you really think Gute would still be the hire? 

IDK.  I'm not going to jump to a conclusion, because it fits my argument.  We don't know if they would have hired Gute over McKenzie or Schneider.  But I'm getting tired of reading about how great McKenzie and Schneider, and nobody looks at their draft record.  McKenzie is largely living off his Carr/Mack draft and Amari Cooper.  His drafts since then?  Might even be worse than Ted AND Schneider's.

1 minute ago, Slinky said:

Because there were 4 other guys the Packers wanted to interview, but were denied. 2 of them would've been chosen over Gute, no doubt about it. 

I'm glad we have a real life insider here to tell us what's doubtful and what isn't inside the front office.

MOD EDIT - Not appropriate.

1 minute ago, Slinky said:

No doubt because you think so.  Good to know you're back up "facts" with opinions.

1 minute ago, CWood21 said:

No doubt because you think so.  Good to know you're back up "facts" with opinions.

If Gute was for sure their guy,  HOW DID THEY LET HIM FLY ALL THE WAY TO HOUSTON TO INTERVIEW WITH THE TEXANS BEFORE THEY DECIDED TO OFFER HIM THE JOB? Explain that. This isn't that hard. 

Archived