Brian Gutekunst to become Packers GM

deltarich87

Just now, Slinky said:

Like I said, read slower. 

You said he was probably our fourth choice. So...prove it! 

Ironic you’re accusing people of not being able to follow your posts when you yourself fail to provide concrete evidence to support an argument. 

2 minutes ago, incognito_man said:

prove me wrong

Prove yourself correct. Don’t worry though man, I don’t blame you . I thought Ball might be the guy too for a second reading the local media reports. Then I realized TT was giving input on this hire and that he’d never recommend a finance guy over a scout. If anyone is a puppet master here it’s TT, not MM.

The local media really “ dropped the Ball” reporting this GM replacement story. 

1 minute ago, Green19 said:

If you are commenting on how Gutekunst will go about building a roster I can understand this. But Ron Wolf hired Gutekunst late in his time in GB. Most of his time has been with Ted. I would say most of his experience in scouting is under a ted run team, that seems like a Ted guy. Heck Ted promoted him twice.

Of course that doesn’t mean he will be like Ted. Lots of employees wouldn’t run a business like how their boss does.

Several of guys who had spent a long period with TT and risen through the ranks at GB have left for GM jobs and they haven't been TT clones. No real reason Gutekunst would be, either. All we can do is wait and see.

I don't care whether Gute was our no 1 pick all the way. Murphy considered him good enough after looking at several candidates. And there was the option of letting Gute interview at Houston and continue the process. Good enough for me for now. 

8 minutes ago, Slinky said:

So much reading failure here.

I have ZERO issues with the team wanting to interview multiple candidates. Heck, I would hope they would.

All I said is I'd be more pumped over this hiring if I knew Gute was their #1 guy all along. But the fact that they seeked to interview at LEAST 4 other candidates from other teams, while knowing what they have in Gute. leads me to believe he wasn't their top guy. I'd say if they were allowed to hire McKenzie or Schneider, there's no way Gute would've gotten the job.

You guys crack me up with your over the top flipping out. Slow down, and read more carefully next time. 

why though? This wouldn't mean anything

Just now, Slinky said:

Packers couldn't have been THAT impressed with him if they wanted to interview 4 other outside candidates. They were denied those interviews. So they decided on Gute. 

The End. 

Just like the Packers won't be holding tryouts at the QB position when Aaron's contract is up. They already know how good he is. 

10 minutes ago, Slinky said:

So much reading failure here.

No.  You made the comment that Gute was their 4th choice to be GM, and when we asked you to support your stance you backed it up with an opinion.  In fact, your exact quote was:

54 minutes ago, Slinky said:

Right. I'm just saying Gute likely wasn't their first choice. Or 2nd. Or 3rd

So which is it, did the Packers hire their 4th choice or did you jump to a conclusion with NOTHING to back it up?

40 minutes ago, Slinky said:

If Gute was for sure their guy,  HOW DID THEY LET HIM FLY ALL THE WAY TO HOUSTON TO INTERVIEW WITH THE TEXANS BEFORE THEY DECIDED TO OFFER HIM THE JOB? Explain that. This isn't that hard. 

16 minutes ago, wgbeethree said:

Say you've driven Toyotas for the last 20 years and you go to buy a new car. You know you want another Toyota but you decide to test drive other cars first and it confirms you prefer the Toyota. Then you see someone else looking at the last Toyota on the lot. What do you do. You stop test driving the other cars and buy the Toyota. 

11 minutes ago, Slinky said:

Which is what Green Bay did when they found out Gute was gonna interview with Houston. LOL!

Hmm

1 minute ago, Slinky said:

Packers couldn't have been THAT impressed with him if they wanted to interview 4 other outside candidates. They were denied those interviews. So they decided on Gute. 

The End. 

So no proof. Figures. 

Just now, CWood21 said:

No.  You made the comment that Gute was their 4th choice to be GM, and when we asked you to support your stance you backed it up with an opinion.  In fact, your exact quote was:

So which is it, did the Packers hire their 4th choice or did you jump to a conclusion with NOTHING to back it up?

Go Google the definition of "likely"

3 minutes ago, ArthurPensky said:

Prove yourself correct. Don’t worry though man, I don’t blame you . I thought Ball might be the guy too for a second reading the local media reports. Then I realized TT was giving input on this hire and that he’d never recommend a finance guy over a scout. If anyone is a puppet master here it’s TT, not MM.

The local media really “ dropped the Ball” reporting this GM replacement story. 

i just sim'ed it on madden 1,000 times. Ball got it 887 tries.

So i was close.

Archived