Brian Gutekunst to become Packers GM

deltarich87

2 hours ago, {Family Ghost} said:

Gute is our guy .. I'm good with it, although I didn't think he'd be the choice.  I like having the scouting mind in charge of things.  It just simplifies things to have the talent scout of the bunch make the major calls.  Sounds like Ball and Wolf will be on board so that's excellent news as well. 

Well, at least Silverstein was wrong about something!

Just now, NormSizedMidget said:

Yeah. I'm just giving you crap. I actually agree with your take on it all.

The local media provide zero value to the team. 

The only thing they are concerned with is the GB packers, so they don't have any intelligence to trade about other teams in return.  National media guys actually have access to other coaches/players/etc. and can help broker relationships and info.

When you offer nothing to the team, you will be trodden on and treated like the parasite that you are.

The Packers are expected to introduce the 44-year-old Gutekunst as their new GM on Monday

Also, there is also this in the story...

The internal reluctance to hire Ball was rooted in the idea that he would be a continuation of the Ted Thompson way, i.e., largely ignoring free agency and relying heavily on the draft. In fact, Ball has had a large role in the Packers’ roster-building efforts the past two seasons as Thompson, 64, aged and cut back his schedule. It's believed that Ball actually made the call on whether to re-sign free agents Julius Peppers and Micah Hyde last offseason.

Does that mean Ball also was heavily involved in signing most of our f/a this past year? 

If so, conflicted how they’d frame him as exactly like Ted. 

Also, don’t really blame him for letting both guys walk. Most everyone supported it. 

Archived