Brian Gutekunst to become Packers GM

deltarich87

3 minutes ago, CWood21 said:

Seattle also has to accept the compensation package.  It isn't just as simple as the Packers offering up a 5th round pick, and they get the right to take Schneider.  The Seahawks could (and probably would) hold him for Gruden-package.

This was my fear.  It would have been nice but IMO the price would have been way too steep.  We have a chance to draft higher than we have in eons and I didn't want us to screw that up.

Just now, Slinky said:

No it doesn't. Now, had the Packers been allowed to interview those guys, then yes. But they were denied. So they were left with Gute, Ball and Wolf. They say Gute was interviewing with Houston, and pulled the trigger because they liked him over Wolf and Ball. Period. 

So...you're now making an assumption to back up your opinion?  The Packers clearly didn't want Gute to get away, so they hired him as GM.  He was close to get the Niners gig last year before they went with Lynch.  And from the recent reports, he killed it during the interview process.

Just now, Pugger said:

This was my fear.  It would have been nice but IMO the price would have been way too steep.  We have a chance to draft higher than we have in eons and I didn't want us to screw that up.

I mean, if his draft record was better I wouldn't be opposed.  But his draft track record is heavily tied to those 2010-2012 draft.  As I mentioned, only Frank Clark and Justin Britt are clear upgrades over what we've currently got.  You've got some good depth players in there, and a few promising players but he's getting grossly overvalued.

8 minutes ago, CWood21 said:

Seattle also has to accept the compensation package.  It isn't just as simple as the Packers offering up a 5th round pick, and they get the right to take Schneider.  The Seahawks could (and probably would) hold him for Gruden-package.

Of course... my point is if they truly honestly felt Schneider was miles ahead better then Gutekunst or any other two things would of happened...

they would of gone to the Nfl challenging it would be a promotion.

and we would hear about Packers working on a package for him. 

We didn’t. I’m assuming cause they figured to ask out of respect for Schneider. Same as McKenzie and same as for all 3 internal candidates.

Also out of respect for McCarthy who is Schneider’s buddy... again Schneider setup Mike with his wife.

2 hours ago, {Family Ghost} said:

A funny thing about this whole saga .. the local hack reporters were WRONG!  Not a single one of them had Gutekunst getting the job .. and most thought for sure Ball, Thompson, and Murphy were in cahoots. 

@skibrett15

:)

9 minutes ago, Siman08/OH said:

This forum is unbearable today. Can we talk about Football? Man...we’re only a week removed from a Packers game people.

This thread has been junked up with page after page of stupid arguments.  Isn't there a chat room we can throw folks in to hash out their differences?  ;)

6 minutes ago, Green19 said:

Of course... my point is if they truly honestly felt Schneider was miles ahead better then Gutekunst or any other two things would of happened...

they would of gone to the Nfl challenging it would be a promotion.

and we would hear about Packers working on a package for him. 

We didn’t. I’m assuming cause they figured to ask out of respect for Schneider. Same as McKenzie and same as for all 3 internal candidates.

Also out of respect for McCarthy who is Schneider’s buddy... again Schneider setup Mike with his wife.

First off, I think they'd have a hard time presenting the argument that he was getting a promotion.  Secondly, I don't think the Packers really want to ruffle feathers like that.

1 minute ago, CWood21 said:

First off, I think they'd have a hard time presenting the argument that he was getting a promotion.  Secondly, I don't think the Packers really want to ruffle feathers like that.

Not saying they would... just saying IF they truly truly wanted Schneider they would of...

Archived