GDT Divisional Round Edition: #5 Titans (9-7) vs #1 Patriots (13-3): Saturday 8:15PM ET

TitanSlim

This is yet another game where no one gives the Titans a chance which is fine as the Titans play better with the underdog role anyways.

However, the Patriots are a much better team than the Chiefs and it is going to take a full 60 minute effort in all phases from the Titans for them to win which we are yet to see really this season.

To me we all know the threats on the Patriots. It is Brady and Gronkowski those are the two who need to be stopped which is easier said than done. New England does not have a RB the level of Kareem Hunt so I am not worried about the Patriots running the ball as the Titans have proven time and time again they can stop and shut out the run game. What we need to take away is the short passes to the RBs which Brady loves. Need to play man and take away the short throws. Also need to double Gronkowski when possible. Everyone knows what the Patriots like to do, stopping it is another story.

As thrilling as the win was last week and a huge moment for the Titans franchise, I don't see the Titans winning this one. I see the score being closer than the media expects for sure but I don't know if the Titans are at the level needed yet to be a true contender. That being said it is possible the Titans could win this game and more possible than a lot of people especially Patriot fans think.

The Titans need to run the ball effectively and control possession for the Titans to have a chance to win. The Titans should be able to run the ball as the New England defense is not good against the run. The Titans should also be able to pass as the Patriots are not that good against the pass either.

The bottom line is this. If the offense plays like it did the 2nd half of the Chiefs game spreading the formations out, letting Mariota call the shots a lot of the time, the Titans will have a chance to win.

If the offense goes back to Robiskie making the calls and a lot of jumbo and tight bunch formations which is the usual outdated crap we have seen, the Titans will lose.

Which offense will win out on Saturday is the question? The Patriots will get their points there is no question even with our defense being better this year. It all comes down to can the Titans offense keep pace with the Patriots?

I will be cheering the Titans on like crazy on Saturday and hoping the Titans have another huge upset in them. It is possible.

9 hours ago, renndawg37 said:

Yeah, Thuney has struggled this year, but Andrews and Mason are good. Solder is solid as well. Right tackle is definitely their weakness with Cannon out. Hopefully we can get some pressure up the gut as well as off the edge. Without pressure we will get smoked. 

Soldier isn’t great either 

I am excited for another week of football!! 

I think the obvious issue for us is that our pass defense is very iffy at best. We always give up passing yards between the 20's...like NE...the difference is we are not the best at keeping the other teams out of the end zone. The bigger issue is that NE does not let up, and go conservative, if they get up they will keep hammering away. So even if it feels like a close game, you look up and we are down 17 Pts.

Crystal Ball time...I see this game with us moving the ball well between the 20's, we will feel like we are playing good. Except we have 2 made FG's and a missed FG and find our selfs down 24-6 at halftime. Ends up about 38-20, but it feels closer because of our missed opportunities...drops, missed FG, and maybe a turnover on downs. Our one chance to win is to start fast...for the first time all year. Get a few stops early and maybe a TO to build a small lead at halftime and hang on.

Archived