GDT Divisional Round Edition: #5 Titans (9-7) vs #1 Patriots (13-3): Saturday 8:15PM ET

TitanSlim

Man I wish I could be a fly on the wall to see what we are doing to prepare. Titans really have to go watch a lot of different games from NE’s past. 

The best scheme I see disrupt the Pats the most is doubling Gronk for starters. 2nd you have to clog the middle of the field because Brady does love to hit those guys over the middle. Which means Man Coverage on the outside no zone.

On this offensive side of the ball the Titans need to look at film against Buffalo and Carolina to see how the Pats schemed against Cam and Tyrod. Cam was a lot more successful than Tyrod but the Pats usually do use a spy on the mobile guys so Mariota will have to pick his spots when he can run. 

On offense Mariota can’t turn the ball over and Henry has to keep setting us up in 2nd an 5s 3rd and manageable 

Defensivley it starts with Casey and the D-Line needs to generate pressure to get Brady off the spot to make it hard on him. The Pats O-Line is not that good but if Adoree Logan and Ty are going to give the WRs or TEs a free release then when we blitz Brady is going to shred us. 

Also Titans need to be very cautious of the screens Lewis is a problem if he keeps getting out in space 

1 hour ago, Titans fan 617 said:

Man I wish I could be a fly on the wall to see what we are doing to prepare. Titans really have to go watch a lot of different games from NE’s past. 

The best scheme I see disrupt the Pats the most is doubling Gronk for starters. 2nd you have to clog the middle of the field because Brady does love to hit those guys over the middle. Which means Man Coverage on the outside no zone.

On this offensive side of the ball the Titans need to look at film against Buffalo and Carolina to see how the Pats schemed against Cam and Tyrod. Cam was a lot more successful than Tyrod but the Pats usually do use a spy on the mobile guys so Mariota will have to pick his spots when he can run. 

On offense Mariota can’t turn the ball over and Henry has to keep setting us up in 2nd an 5s 3rd and manageable 

Defensivley it starts with Casey and the D-Line needs to generate pressure to get Brady off the spot to make it hard on him. The Pats O-Line is not that good but if Adoree Logan and Ty are going to give the WRs or TEs a free release then when we blitz Brady is going to shred us. 

Also Titans need to be very cautious of the screens Lewis is a problem if he keeps getting out in space 

I think we have to mix it up, when we blitz we have to press & be physical wit the WR to disrupt timing between Brady & receivers,. Any time it’s 3rd & long let’s play man but rush 3 & not 4. The titans need to look at the chiefs & Miami game for how to beat the pats 

2 hours ago, Titans fan 617 said:

@SARGO127 @FutureIsWhite I can’t post the tweet because of my names in my Twitter handle but Brent Daugherty said they are still working on Friday’s location for a meet and hasn’t yet started working on the Tailgate part of it yet   

OK cool - thanks for the heads up. I live in CT so I probably will only go to the tailgate/game and pass on the meet Friday.

The more I think about this game and try to convince myself we have a shot, the more I come back to our long-running issues dealing with running backs and tight ends in the passing game. For that reason alone, New England might be the worst possible match up for us in all of football. I'm hoping for the best, but I'm probably getting more pessimistic as we get closer to Saturday.

1 hour ago, SARGO127 said:

OK cool - thanks for the heads up. I live in CT so I probably will only go to the tailgate/game and pass on the meet Friday.

I work Fri nights so I can’t go unless I call sick. I really wanted to meet PK since he’s a Yankees fan and I’m a Sox fan but maybe we’ll see him Sat

21 minutes ago, titans0021 said:

The more I think about this game and try to convince myself we have a shot, the more I come back to our long-running issues dealing with running backs and tight ends in the passing game. For that reason alone, New England might be the worst possible match up for us in all of football. I'm hoping for the best, but I'm probably getting more pessimistic as we get closer to Saturday.

They are 100% the worst matchup for us...maybe only NO comes a close second.

And yet somehow I'm getting more confident as the week goes along. There is no basis for it... Except maybe the believe that Mariota has turned some sorta corner and will not allow this team to lose.

But looking at everything realistically, objectively, quantitatively, etc... We lose this game 37-20 or worse.

Just now, ragevsuall17 said:

They are 100% the worst matchup for us...maybe only NO comes a close second.

And yet somehow I'm getting more confident as the week goes along. There is no basis for it... Except maybe the believe that Mariota has turned some sorta corner and will not allow this team to lose.

But looking at everything realistically, objectively, quantitatively, etc... We lose this game 37-20 or worse.

Yeah, I probably didn't need to use the word possibly. The only hope is that the offensive line has turned a corner and Mularkey and Robiskie hand Mariota full control of the offense. There's no coming back from down three scores against New England. The up-tempo, power spread offense can't be a desperate, last resort. It needs to be the foundation of our offense on Saturday if we want to have any chance.

Win or lose, this is a great experience for our young guys. Going to Arrowhead and getting a come from behind win. Now going against the mighty Patriots in New England. Valuable experience.

Hopefully it's something they'll learn and build from for the future.

6 hours ago, TitanLegend said:

Personnel on the Texans TD run:

GMz9xq0PT-2mSZ3glZuJ2A.png

KKLgQppqRHOyGiUlQZVSsA.png

So this fits the 6 OL/2TE/1WR/1 RB set.

kk6kZ70ZSXiyCZYi18hCIw.png

aKuPQ2OZQfKsZHKp1rWCBA.png

And this does as well.

So yeah, the 6 OL/2 TE/1 WR/1 RB boosted by 147 yards on two plays.

Haha yeah those outliars will definitely throw statistics off

2 hours ago, titans0021 said:

Yeah, I probably didn't need to use the word possibly. The only hope is that the offensive line has turned a corner and Mularkey and Robiskie hand Mariota full control of the offense. There's no coming back from down three scores against New England. The up-tempo, power spread offense can't be a desperate, last resort. It needs to be the foundation of our offense on Saturday if we want to have any chance.

My fear is our pass rush. 
Looking at the games so far when the Patriots got beat, getting to Brady is the key. 
Panthers game really gives a little hope.  Panthers are similar to us with their weapons, excluding McCaffery as a RB/WR.  A

Also the Dolphins game gives some hope too. We have better QB play and (gulp) offense than the Dolphins for the most part. 

Those games give me slight hope.

However, Brady gets rid of the ball so quick.  We thought Jimmy G was deadly....Brady will eat us alive with our blitzes, especially if our DBs can't cover long enough to make Brady hesitate.

All that said, I still feel like we have a shot and will put up a good fight. They won't quit. 

On ‎1‎/‎9‎/‎2018 at 5:36 AM, titansNvolsR#1 said:

I hate your team for the QB's, coach's, and owner's political leanings.B|

That is some pathetic excuse for hatred...maybe it's time to put your big boy pants on and act like an adult. Politics are ruining your brain.

Archived