GWT: Week 19 Saints @ Vikings

gopherwrestler

GWT: Week 19 Saints @ Vikings  

119 members have voted

1. 1. Who Wins?

1 minute ago, Pugger said:

Man, losing like this is the worst.  If ya gotta lose you'd almost rather get blown out and not have this nightmare to keep you up nights.

I always thought Sharper badly misplayed the 4th down TD toss from Young to Owens. Terrible how he gave Owens the position and goal line.

This play by 43? Really pretty bad. I mean....all he needed to do was wrap his arms around his legs and game over.

Just now, The LBC said:

Yeah, but it loses the allure of being the tiebreaker if she kills the boy.  And let's be honest, she'll kill the boy before her daughter.

Put a wig on the boy to confuse her. In her anger, she might kill the wrong one.

What makes that play even more amazing live is the brief moment when Diggs catches it, pauses, and then goes toward the endzone. As soon as he caught it I was yelling for him to run out of bounds to preserve the field goal, but he realizes there's nobody around him, and then you realize it, and THEN the true impact of what' just happened sets in. Holy crap what an ending. 

Looking back at it...

I think that Williams panicked. He miss timed Diggs getting the ball and new that he was going to get called for a pass interference... I feel bad for Williams because he had a good game up until that time. The Saints played a fantastic second half and I'm proud of them. 

20 minutes ago, Pugger said:

Not if their secondary plays like they did tonight.  I wonder, how many defensive holding/PI penalties did they get?

With the receivers the Eagles have I think they would’ve had an easier time in pass defense. Vikes have two #1s. Now Eagles probably would’ve stuck to the run game. I trust Brees and company to do what Ryan and his crew couldn’t do.

2 minutes ago, Leader said:

I always thought Sharper badly misplayed the 4th down TD toss from Young to Owens. Terrible how he gave Owens the position and goal line.

This play by 43? Really pretty bad. I mean....all he needed to do was wrap his arms around his legs and game over.

Jerry Rice fumbled in that game so if the call was made the 9ers don't win.

4 minutes ago, Kip Smithers said:

I mean Diggs jumps so high, and Williams got there as Diggs is jumping. Like the only thing he could’ve done there is just wait for Diggs to come down and then wrap him up which is pretty unusual to see.

He would've had to stop on a dime from a dead sprint. Which seems unlikely.

Just now, SuperBowl=best said:

I have seen hella games end on a TD, THEY NEVER HAD TO KICK THE PAT IF IT DIDN'T AFFECT THE OUTCOME.

Someone please explain what happened.  I guess home teams in baseball should bat the B9 if they're leading now

After the Fail Mary TD in Seattle our players had to come out of the locker room for the extra point.  I guess in the regular season I can understand because of point differential but not in  the post season.  It is a stupid rule.

3 minutes ago, Pugger said:

Jerry Rice fumbled in that game so if the call was made the 9ers don't win.

True - and that would have been the game there - but the call went against us and we failed to make a play when the opportunity to move on was there.

2 minutes ago, SuperBowl=best said:

I have seen hella games end on a TD, THEY NEVER HAD TO KICK THE PAT IF IT DIDN'T AFFECT THE OUTCOME.

Someone please explain what happened.  I guess home teams in baseball should bat the B9 if they're leading now

You always kick the XP in regulation. You don't have to in OT.

2 minutes ago, SuperBowl=best said:

If you score a TD, you kick the extra point unless it’s in overtime. 

Archived