GWT: Week 19 Falcons @ Eagles

gopherwrestler

GWT: Week 19 Falcons @ Eagles  

78 members have voted

1. 1. Who Wins?

12 minutes ago, eagles18 said:

Let's not forget that Atlanta is a dome team and played in Sunny LA on Saturday.  Next Saturday in Philly is gonna be a different story. Gonna be cold!!

Minnesota had below zero temperatures for the last couple of weeks.  That cold arctic air might be moving into Philly by the time the game starts.  It could be VERY cold if it does.

I want to pick against the Falcons. I want the Eagles to win this. I want Carson Wentz to play. But I can never have the things I want and I think Atlanta wins it. I don't know about two scores but they're the most underrated team in the playoffs to me. Even with Wentz in the game I might still go with Atlanta. They're crazy dangerous and have no business being 6th seed. Please prove me wrong, Philly.

33 minutes ago, Uncle Buck said:

Minnesota had below zero temperatures for the last couple of weeks.  That cold arctic air might be moving into Philly by the time the game starts.  It could be VERY cold if it does.

Well, Nick Foles is from Texas and was absolutely deplorable in the cold against both the Raiders and Cowboys.

I think the only chance in hell the Eagles have is in a ugly, low scoring game where they force turnovers on defense. It is going to be really cold, and playing a playoff game in Philly it is going to be REALLY loud. If the Eagles commit to the run on offense and try to control the pace of the game while letting their front 7 go to work and shut down the Falcons run game, I can see a win. The thing that worries me is if Pederson will actually even try this strategy. We have three backs who defenses will not want to tackle in the cold, but Pederson has used the pass to set up the run all year despite having Nick Foles at QB at the end of the year. If he does that again the Eagles will lose, because Foles is trash.

I think the -2.5 line favoring Atlanta is accurate, it should be close if the Eagles D can keep them in it. My head says Atlanta will win but I am a stupid, delusional Eagles fan so I am taking the Eagles to win 13-10 in a game that is almost as ugly and un-fun to watch as yesterdays Bills/Jags matchup. Julio gets his, but the Atlanta offense stalls because of it inability to run the football. Ryan throws for a TD and 230, but a sack fumble forced by Fletcher Cox up the middle sets the Eagles up for their lone touchdown due to favorable field position.

Hey, a guy can hope :D

1 hour ago, BAConrad said:

I genuinely am asking this, but does anyone know if Atlanta (in the Matt Ryan era) has even ever won a road playoff game in the cold outdoors?

To lazy to do the leg work but I’d love to see the answer to this as well. 

2 hours ago, BAConrad said:

I genuinely am asking this, but does anyone know if Atlanta (in the Matt Ryan era) has even ever won a road playoff game in the cold outdoors?

As listed above, No. He's also 1-3 against the Eagles at the Linc.

Archived