GWT: Week 19 Jags @ Steelers

gopherwrestler

GWT: Week 19 Jags @ Steelers  

103 members have voted

1. 1. Who Wins?

Just now, MookieMonster said:

...what? What would you possibly be saving them for with 30 seconds on 4th down? Better to make sure you have the correct play call, and oh...what do ya know.

They got lucky that Gibson was just inept. I have no problem with TO but either do it right as soon as the previous play was over or wind it down and run the play. It was the timing of it

1 minute ago, mcmurtry86 said:

:D

He's a top 15 all time coach obviously 9_9

Tomlin is mediocre at best as a coach. He's been paired with an excellent GM, franchise QB and usually elite talent on one or both sides of the ball since he took over Cowher's team. And he's underachieved consistently.

I'd put his win/losses much more on the Steelers' ability to team build than Tomlin's ability to build/manage a staff or strategize.

This Board literally said the Steelers roster - minus QB - was a bottom 5 talented offense from 2012-2014... And he never went worse than 8-8. But yes, the old Cowher's team addage. Amazing that that is still coming up 12 years later when, literally, only one Cowher player remains on the roster and he has a winning record when that Cowher player doesn't play... Which is often, sadly.

Just now, incognito_man said:

your frame of reference is completely out of whack.

Nah, it's really not. But I'm not going to argue it further. Tomlin is woefully bad at scheming and in game adjustments. He has stuck with outdated or outright bad coaches on his staff. He has no business being considered a good coach. He gets his guys to play hard, true. But give most coaches the talent he has had and they'd have similar or better results.

1 minute ago, incognito_man said:

your frame of reference is completely out of whack.

With all coaching discussions.... Belichick skews things so much. Name 4 better longterm coaches than Tomlin. Carroll's the only one and he's accomplished about as much as Tomlin

1 minute ago, seminoles1 said:

Jags vomiting all over themselves on that play.

That entire drive was a dumpster fire.

Both these teams have more talent than the Patriots.  Neither team has a chance, because any time there is a matchup where Belichick can set up/let a team vomit all over themselves to blow games, he lets them do it.   It's why I'd prefer the Jags.  I think it'd be much easier to play prevent on offense and defense and just wait for Bortles to give the game away.  

2 minutes ago, Mossburg said:

Steelers still have enough time to run a conventional offense to win. If they try to just go for big chunks on every play I don't think that's wise against this D.

They need to take Haley out of the game and allow Le'Veon Bell to do this thing through the passing game to open up the running game.

1 minute ago, BlaqOptic said:

This Board literally said the Steelers roster - minus QB - was a bottom 5 talented offense from 2012-2014... And he never went worse than 8-8. But yes, the old Cowher's team addage. Amazing that that is still coming up 12 years later when, literally, only one Cowher player remains on the roster and he has a winning record when that Cowher player doesn't play... Which is often, sadly.

This board saying things doesn't make them true. Last night for instance

Archived