Bears Hire Matt Nagy

WindyCity

Some of the "Nagy didn't call the entire game" vs the Titans makes a lot of sense...I watched the game and Big Red was 100% talking on the headset with a playsheet in his hand in some of the clips of him...now I don't know if that was having input or actually calling the plays but the 2nd half looked very different to the 1st...

Either way I am just stoked we got Nagy...I think what he does on offence is perfect for Trubisky...also if I am Shaheen or Cohen I am also over the moon right now...just need to find some speed out the outside to open it all up and we will be able to put a great product on the field.

Let's hope. I think Shaheen actually did pretty well his rookie season. It's often repeated that the jump from college to NFL is about as difficult as can be for TE's (why is that anyway?) but he made big strides and started to look pretty scary on an offense that had limits on it's limits.  

Although... the falling down all the time.  I look forward to a future where he is excellent all around but inexplicably falls down a lot. A friend of mine had a twitter handle @jaycutlersacks a while back and it brought some humor to ****ty moments on Sunday afternoons. @Shaheendown ?

4 minutes ago, RunningVaccs said:

Let's hope. I think Shaheen actually did pretty well his rookie season. It's often repeated that the jump from college to NFL is about as difficult as can be for TE's (why is that anyway?) but he made big strides and started to look pretty scary on an offense that had limits on it's limits.  

Although... the falling down all the time.  I look forward to a future where he is excellent all around but inexplicably falls down a lot. A friend of mine had a twitter handle @jaycutlersacks a while back and it brought some humor to ****ty moments on Sunday afternoons. @Shaheendown ?

The falling down reminds me of Greg Olsen and he turned out to be a stud for the Panthers. 

From Biggs...

One NFL assistant who has worked with Nagy and Pederson called Nagy the better coach and said his interpersonal relationships with players were superior. He called Nagy a “rock star” in the making as he heads to Halas Hall. That sounds like a dramatic change for the Bears when it comes to the front man who spends the most time spreading the team’s message.

1 hour ago, RunningVaccs said:

TEs need to become fully integrated and adept in both the run game and pass game (both pass pro and route running) to be effective. That is difficult as a rookie. Most of the TEs that have had early success have been used as glorified WRs as rookies. TE is also one of the most physically demanding positions and nagging injuries are prevalent. You add the typical "rookie wall" issues with holding up for an entire season, plus in Shaheen's case the jump in competition level and the transition was destined to be slow.

My only expectation for Shaheen this season was for him to become a red zone target. That is all. And he accomplished that (led team in TD receptions). 

• Like 1

On 1/8/2018 at 11:47 AM, WindyCity said:

We have finally paired a legit NFL offensive mind from a great coaching tree with a high upside QB.

Took 100 years, but we are here.

Welcome to the modern NFL.

I don't want to be picky but lets remember there was a time when Papa Bear was considered a top football mind and Sid Luckman was considered "...the best long passer of his time..."