2018 NFL Draft Discussion

squire12

1 hour ago, incognito_man said:

I can't figure out why he's not a unanimous top 10 guy...

think it's just "the box score this last year wasn't impressive" and "we've been talking about Chubb for a while and don't want to admit the possibility that Landry is the better player- we like our narrative."

I've been having trouble finding a comprehensive draft measurements database of the combine and pro days. Does anyone know of any good google docs or website?

Website Pride of Detroit had a fantastic google docs database last year where you could sort/filter every category. Unfortunately this year they don't seem to be doing one.

The best i've found so far is Calhoun Lambeau awesome google docs database but he unfortunately put all the measurements into one column making it impossible to filter

Filtering is a useful tool as it allows you to find out which players fulfills our positional thresholds.

2 hours ago, Chili said:

I've been having trouble finding a comprehensive draft measurements database of the combine and pro days. Does anyone know of any good google docs or website?

Website Pride of Detroit had a fantastic google docs database last year where you could sort/filter every category. Unfortunately this year they don't seem to be doing one.

The best i've found so far is Calhoun Lambeau awesome google docs database but he unfortunately put all the measurements into one column making it impossible to filter

Filtering is a useful tool as it allows you to find out which players fulfills our positional thresholds.

I thought every Google Doc had filtering but i could be wrong.

One option is to do the filtering yourself, Go through and eliminate everybody who doesn't meet criteria A then move on to criteria B. Just a thought. 

Fanspeak results:

Using Bleacher report's big board and fanspeak's needs

1: Landry

2: Hughes

3: Cappa

4: Gallup

4(2): Hercules

5: Toliver II

5(2): Fumagalli 

5(3): Timon Parris

6: Dalto Schultz (TE Stanford)

6(2): Tray Matthews (Safety Auburn)

7: I only did 6 rounds on accident :P

I love the first two picks, and obviously the rest but I think everything after round two seems maybe a round too late? Some guys could fall though.

If we double up on positions I think it would be something along these lines. Looks like there some decent prospects at positions we need this year, except for pass rusher of course. 

On 4/10/2018 at 10:44 AM, TheBitzMan said:

I am pretty bullish on Biegel going into the season. He has almost an exact athletic profile to Clay (see below) and on top of that Jim Leonhard is a Pettine disciple. So he should have a head start on the system. 

Vince Biegel/Clay Matthews III
HT: 6031/6031
WT: 246/240
40: 4.67/4.67
3 Cone: 6.92/6.9
Sacks as a senior: 4/4.5

Harold Landry

HT: 6031
WT: 252
40: 4.64
3 Cone: 6.88
Sacks as a senior: 5

Problem with Chark is those guys are never valued players in the NFL. Does any NFL team want Torrey Smith? Or Sammie Coates? Or Darrius Heyward-Bey? These blazing one-trick pony types usually don't hack it in the NFL because everyone is fast. When your out there, they pretty much can take away half the route tree because they know you don't run it well and you become easy to cover. Chark needs to develop a more complete game before I'd draft him over Gallup, Miller, St. Brown, Hamilton and you're going to need in order to get him.

24 minutes ago, Packerraymond said:

Problem with Chark is those guys are never valued players in the NFL. Does any NFL team want Torrey Smith? Or Sammie Coates? Or Darrius Heyward-Bey? These blazing one-trick pony types usually don't hack it in the NFL because everyone is fast. When your out there, they pretty much can take away half the route tree because they know you don't run it well and you become easy to cover. Chark needs to develop a more complete game before I'd draft him over Gallup, Miller, St. Brown, Hamilton and you're going to need in order to get him.

Apparently they do. DHB 1st round pick , Torrey Smith mid second, adding some more Desean Jackson early second, Will Fuller late first. Just because some didn’t workout doesn’t mean they’re not valued.

And who knows what Chark’s Aptitude to learn different routes is.

1 minute ago, pollino14 said:

Apparently they do. DHB 1st round pick , Torrey Smith mid second, adding some more Desean Jackson early second, Will Fuller late first. Just because some didn’t workout doesn’t mean they’re not valued.

And who knows what Chark’s Aptitude to learn different routes is.

I'm saying the speed gets them drafted high, which will happen to Chark. Then they're in the league for 5 years an nobody wants them. They sign some little contract somewhere as an occasional role player. Only DeSean of any of those players listed lives up to the billing, but he has a diverse route tree and a great YAC guy. Much more to his game than speed.

Archived