2018 NFL Draft Discussion

squire12

I’ve been seeing a lot of stuff about Rosen sliding lately. For fun, let’s say the draft plays out like this:

1) CLE - Josh Allen

2) NYG - Barkley 

3) NYJ - Mayfield

4) CLE - Chubb

5) DEN - Darnold

6) IND - Nelson

7) TB - Derwin James

8) CHI - Ward

9) SF - Edmunds

10) OAK - Smith

11) MIA - Fitzpatrick 

12) BUF - here’s where I assume he would go but let’s say they go with D and take Vita Vea 

13) WAS - Josh Jackson

Now, let’s say ol’ Billy B calls up and offers  23 & 31 in exchange for 14 & 101. Do you take that deal, and if so, who do you target? 

A source "close" to the situation.. so does that mean anyone who watched the games last year who saw we needed help in the secondary? I mean come on.. Gute has at least seen how to run a successful draft a few times, and it isn't by letting your ideas out of the room.

31 minutes ago, TheBitzMan said:

Smoke screen for Derwin?

Or a potential smoke screen for a Pass Rusher? 

I doubt the Packers scouts or Gute are leaking their draft plans, at least not this specific. The draft needs to happen already, this time of the NFL year is the worst...

Total smokescreen. The Packers will not be high on a soft CB with minus grade man skills. Minkah they'll like, I just don't see him getting there.

You can quote me on this, as long as the board doesn't have someone crazy fall, or we don't trade, our pick will be one of Harold Landry, Derwin James, LVE or Mike Hughes. 3 guys with loads of versatility and check all the athletic boxes, and a pass rusher who fits what they like in their rushers.

1 hour ago, AlexGreen#20 said:

Comp is David Johnson

Not a bad guy at all to be compared to.. wonder how much of that is because of the Iowa connection.

His play style reminds me a lot of Leveon Bell. Wadley is a true RB who can get involved in the passing game and a guy that could be available in the 5th round. He's gonna be a steal at that point of the draft.

People familiar with the situation believe the Green Bay Packers are likely to select either Minkah Fitzpatrick or Josh Jackson with their first-round selection. And while the team needs a pass rusher, they are desperate for help in the secondary.

The point was made that Fitzpatrick and Jackson both fit the cornerback/safety hybrid mold which the team prefers. I’m told Denzel Ward of Ohio State is the player the Packers truly covet, but short of trading up, the team won’t have a shot at drafting him.

http://draftanalyst.com/nfl-draft-news-notes-april-18

well we’re officially getting close to he draft lol

I'd trade up for Ward if possible. GB has all these picks and they aren't gonna have room for all of them on the roster, so use some of that ammo to get YOUR guy

I say this of course with the caveat that it takes 2 to tango so not much they can do if a team ahead of them isn't keen on moving down. Not sure any team in that 8-13 range will be eager to move down to 14 and paying up to move to 5th or 6th would likely be too costly

3 hours ago, vegas492 said:

Not that I'm a huge fan of Smith, or any ILB in the first round, but...couldn't you make the argument that a line consisting of Wilkerson, Clark and Daniels in front of him could make Smith clean and high effective?  I don't like the value either, but even I cannot deny that adding him to the defense would change things for the better.

It's a really good line but it's still a numbers game if you are pulling blockers away from Martinez and running st the wlb. The Oklahoma game showed roquon's vulnerability 

40 minutes ago, tfalkgopack said:

I’ve been seeing a lot of stuff about Rosen sliding lately. For fun, let’s say the draft plays out like this:

1) CLE - Josh Allen

2) NYG - Barkley 

3) NYJ - Mayfield

4) CLE - Chubb

5) DEN - Darnold

6) IND - Nelson

7) TB - Derwin James

8) CHI - Ward

9) SF - Edmunds

10) OAK - Smith

11) MIA - Fitzpatrick 

12) BUF - here’s where I assume he would go but let’s say they go with D and take Vita Vea 

13) WAS - Josh Jackson

Now, let’s say ol’ Billy B calls up and offers  23 & 31 in exchange for 14 & 101. Do you take that deal, and if so, who do you target? 

Yea, hope for Davenport or Landry at 23 but likely settle for LVE and Jaire or something and take one of the hit or miss pass rushers in the 2nd.

Archived