2018 NFL Draft Discussion

squire12

I have Ward and James in the same tier, which is blue-chip along with Bark and Nelson. Those are my only 4 blue chippers in the draft. I would pay to move up for either of those two. Not sure who I would pay more for - I like James more, but Ward has higher position premium and higher need for us. If they are both there at 10 I will be on the edge of my seat, but I expect one of them to go to Tampa, I don't buy the Nelson/Barkley over them for Tampa. Derwin James I can see going to Washington, who traded Kendall Fuller and Su'a Cravens

15 minutes ago, blueswedeshoes said:

Longest streak without having a top 3 draft pick.

From the FF Draft thread.

A little grudging respect for the Vikings is due.

Cincinnatti surprised me.

That's not entirely true. The Vikings top 3 pick was well before that date, 2012 to be exact. They owned the #3 pick but traded back with the Cleveland Browns to #4. The Browns went on to draft Trent Richardson and the Vikings drafted Matt Kalil at 4. 

7 minutes ago, MantyWrestler said:

Let’s say Ward is available at #10. Would we have the ammo to move up to pick Ward, then still have enough to get back to say #20 to snag Landry if he were there? Would next years #2 be enough to get back to 20?

Trading next years picks almost never gives a good return for them. That's for coaches who are on the brink of being fired.

8 minutes ago, MantyWrestler said:

Let’s say Ward is available at #10. Would we have the ammo to move up to pick Ward, then still have enough to get back to say #20 to snag Landry if he were there? Would next years #2 be enough to get back to 20?

Not likely.

https://www.drafttek.com/NFL-Trade-Value-Chart.asp?RequestTeam=GB

scroll down to see 2018 Packer draft points. You can either go up for Ward OR climb back into 1st, but not both. too spendy

Next years 2nd is devalued because of the time factor

1 hour ago, Dubz41 said:

Only if a great value presents itself.  I'm not as high on our RBs as most because Monty and Jones were both hurt last year.  How does Nick Chubb with a 4th round pick sound?

To be honest? Unrealistic. But if that were to happen, it'd be hard to pass on. 

I also think we'r going to bundling at least a couple of our 12 picks to move up and get our guys. 

I just feel like RB is the least position in need of a draft pick this year. That and probably QB?

11 minutes ago, ChaRisMa said:

Most telling sign is that despite all the injuries we never put him on the 53.

A whopping 11 different OL took snaps for GB in 2017 per Football Outsiders.

Only 9 OL took snaps in 2014, 2015, 2016

8 minutes ago, Shanedorf said:

Not likely.

https://www.drafttek.com/NFL-Trade-Value-Chart.asp?RequestTeam=GB

scroll down to see 2018 Packer draft points. You can either go up for Ward OR climb back into 1st, but not both. too spendy

Next years 2nd is devalued because of the time factor

Kind of what I figured. I’d hope if Landry would drop there would be a point where it would make sense to go get him. 

This all depends on us taking Ward at 14. 

Archived