2018 NFL Draft Discussion

squire12

13 hours ago, CWood21 said:

In the last 3 years, the draft has averaged 5 corners drafted in the 1st round, 5 CBs drafted in the 2nd round, and 5 CBs drafted in the 3rd round using ProFootball Reference.  That's when the CB class is pretty much dried up.  If I had to hazard a guess, I'd say Denzel Ward, Josh Jackson, Mike Hughes, Jaire Alexander, and Isaiah Oliver end up in the 1st.  Carlton Davis, Quenton Meeks, Deonte Jackson, MJ Stewart, and Anthony Averett ended up being selected in the 2nd round.  And some combination in the 3rd round when you're looking at guys like Isaac Yiadom, Holton Hill, Tarvarus McFadden, etc. in the 3rd round.  IF we want a good corner in the 2nd, I'd bet we'd need to trade up for one which is partially why I'm keen on a small move back in the first and a semi-sigificant move up in the 2nd.

It would take our first pick the the fourth along with 45 to move up to 35

I think I would do that depending on who is available, and I support exercising as many picks as possible this year

4 hours ago, CWood21 said:

In the last 3 years, the draft has averaged 5 corners drafted in the 1st round, 5 CBs drafted in the 2nd round, and 5 CBs drafted in the 3rd round using ProFootball Reference.  That's when the CB class is pretty much dried up.  If I had to hazard a guess, I'd say Denzel Ward, Josh Jackson, Mike Hughes, Jaire Alexander, and Isaiah Oliver end up in the 1st.  Carlton Davis, Quenton Meeks, Deonte Jackson, MJ Stewart, and Anthony Averett ended up being selected in the 2nd round.  And some combination in the 3rd round when you're looking at guys like Isaac Yiadom, Holton Hill, Tarvarus McFadden, etc. in the 3rd round.  IF we want a good corner in the 2nd, I'd bet we'd need to trade up for one which is partially why I'm keen on a small move back in the first and a semi-sigificant move up in the 2nd.

Exactly how i see it..........................which probably means the Packers go OT Connor Williams at #14 and a pass rusher (Hubbard or Carter) in the 2nd,  just so they can enjoy a million Packer fans heads exploding, with no CB in the first two rounds.

From matt miller over at Bleacher report:

Could Florida State safety Derwin James slide on draft day? Multiple league sources believe he could hear his name called in the second half of the first round despite several calling him a true top-10 player in the class.”

One more note on James: Albert Breer of MMQB reported the FSU safety declined a workout request from the Tampa Bay Buccaneers. This isn't common, but it has happened in the recent past because top players don't want to risk injury in the predraft process.“

For any Derwin James fans. Full article here: http://bleacherreport.com/articles/2771388-matt-millers-scouting-notebook-when-where-will-top-qbs-land-in-nfl-draft

from McGinn

QUOTE TO NOTE

NFL personnel man: “People get all excited about the juniors. The seniors become boring. You’ve watched them a long time. Those guys that come back, they make a mistake. People will watch you the next year and find flaws.”

1 hour ago, Green19 said:

Could Florida State safety Derwin James slide on draft day? Multiple league sources believe he could hear his name called in the second half of the first round despite several calling him a true top-10 player in the class.”

One more note on James: Albert Breer of MMQB reported the FSU safety declined a workout request from the Tampa Bay Buccaneers. This isn't common, but it has happened in the recent past because top players don't want to risk injury in the predraft process.“

For any Derwin James fans. Full article here: http://bleacherreport.com/articles/2771388-matt-millers-scouting-notebook-when-where-will-top-qbs-land-in-nfl-draft

He already knows he's going to us. Right?!

Mike Hughes still on our board after this sexual assault stuff? 

Apparently he has told teams that he wouldn't be surprised if his accuser speaks publicly or files a civil lawsuit after he is drafted. 

This doesn't seem like something I would want to deal with as a 1st year GM...

1 hour ago, Green19 said:

I hope he falls to #14 .. he's going to be a standout pro. 

18 minutes ago, TheBitzMan said:

Apparently he has told teams that he wouldn't be surprised if his accuser speaks publicly or files a civil lawsuit after he is drafted. 

Nope .. can't see the Packers touching him at #14. 

4 minutes ago, {Family Ghost} said:

Nope .. can't see the Packers touching him at #14. 

I think we may take two first rounders one of them in my opinion could very well be Mike Hughes not at 14 though most likely at the end of the 1st. I think they go with something up front either LB or Edge then CB

6 minutes ago, Reaper said:

I think we may take two first rounders one of them in my opinion could very well be Mike Hughes not at 14 though most likely at the end of the 1st. I think they go with something up front either LB or Edge then CB

Care to elaborate where we get the second first and how much it will cost to move up ?

40 minutes ago, TheBitzMan said:

Already with borderline measureables, it makes it easier to pass on him

13 minutes ago, cannondale said:

Care to elaborate where we get the second first and how much it will cost to move up ?

I think he would have to fall between 25-29; I think moving up higher than that would be too costly. I don't really do hypothetical what it would take to move up Im not sure about the point system, but I think if somehow he makes it down to 25 we could see a move and I think you would have to do it before Jax at 29. t. I have to think that Jacksonville at 29 would take him so I would say in front of them is my best guess. I didn't see the trade coming that got Clay but with Gute being new and with this team thinking they are a defense away from the superbowl this could be the right move once again.

I am making an assumption that they think they are a defense away and Im hoping they are lol.

Just now, Reaper said:

I think he would have to fall between 25-29; I think moving up higher than that would be too costly. I don't really do hypothetical what it would take to move up Im not sure about the point system, but I think if somehow he makes it down to 25 we could see a move and I think you would have to do it before Jax at 29. t. I have to think that Jacksonville at 29 would take him so I would say in front of them is my best guess. I didn't see the trade coming that got Clay but with Gute being new and with this team thinking they are a defense away from the superbowl this could be the right move once again.

I am making an assumption that they think they are a defense away and Im hoping they are lol.

Do yourself a favor and look at any of the numerous trade value charts available. Once you see the cost to make a leap like that, you will think twice

9 hours ago, OneTwoSixFive said:

Exactly how i see it..........................which probably means the Packers go OT Connor Williams at #14 and a pass rusher (Hubbard or Carter) in the 2nd,  just so they can enjoy a million Packer fans heads exploding, with no CB in the first two rounds.

Well to be honest, the Packers did it to themselves. They haven't exactly prepared well enough to go BPA. We may not have the luxury of waiting for a third tier CB. There is a reason they are third tier.

Archived