2018 NFL Draft Discussion

squire12

29 minutes ago, Leader said:

True. You need ALOT of CBs to fill out a secondary. Starters then proficient backups / nickle's & dime's. I just wish it was #3 on our current "needs list".

Yeah, it's a position with 3 starters and even if everyone stays healthy you'll have at least 1 more CB/S playing 40 some %.  It's also hard to hide a weak player so if there's one group to over invest in it's CB

8 minutes ago, ArthurPensky said:

I’m trying to figure out what time the packers will pick if they stay and it starts at 7:00 CT. 14 picks, 10 minutes, gotta assume about 9:30 right ? 

There will probably be about 20-30 minutes of discussion before the draft clock starts.

1 hour ago, packfanfb said:

Bigger concern is if a QB unexpectedly falls like Allen or Mayfield. Could see Landry and Davenport both go between 11 and 13 and Mayfield is left on the board.

Jets are taking Mayfield, you can pretty much already pencil that one in.  Of all the QBs that could drop, my guess it's going to be Josh Rosen and I think Miami would scoop him up at 11.

From OvertheCap:

What Should Teams Expect Out Of Their Rookie Classes?

https://overthecap.com/teams-expect-rookie-classes

"In a week, we’ll begin learning some key information on the future of teams when they draft 256 new players into the league, plus sign hundreds of undrafted players. Remember that it will take at least four years to properly judge how teams did in those efforts–and within that time, most of those players will not last in the league as long as you might think."

Article covers these 5 categories below in a futile attempt to mange your expectations:

Total rookie class snap counts

Total rookie class snap counts as rookies

Total vested veteran contracts earned from rookie classes

Vested veteran contracts earned from rookie classes, by round

Vested veteran contracts earned from rookie classes, by position

20 hours ago, bkobow05 said:

lol Mel and Todd's mock draft on ESPN2 has us taking Calvin Ridley. They are both hacks.

i had a good laugh when Harold Landry wasn't selected in the first round, and the group of CBs (Alexander, Hughes and Jackson) all fell to the bottom of the first round in favor of offensive linemen. 

As silly as that seems, i wonder if they aren't on to something. Will there be a run on offensive linemen in the middle of the round? What about receivers? We can sit here and argue all we want about it not being a particularly good year for either, but that could lead them to get overdrafted by teams looking to fill needs. That could push down some good defensive talent and let us trade up in the second round to get them.

1 minute ago, Nick_gb said:

I'll go ahead and turn the card in for Davenport. Still not going Jackson here.

Herman's take:

I agree. Has to be Davenport. I’ve said that I think they take Davenport throughout this process. He just seems like the most logical to be there and be the guy they like. Plus - he thinks its too high for Josh Jackson.

Just now, Leader said:

Herman's take:

I agree. Has to be Davenport. I’ve said that I think they take Davenport throughout this process. He just seems like the most logical to be there and be the guy they like. Plus - he thinks its too high for Josh Jackson.

Yeah, I wasn't commenting on Herman saying it was Jackson. I was commenting on all these reports that it's Fitz or Jackson for GB. 

Just now, Nick_gb said:

Yeah, I wasn't commenting on Herman saying it was Jackson. I was commenting on all these reports that it's Fitz or Jackson for GB. 

Understood. I was just supplementing your comment with Herman's take - which agrees with yours.

Archived