2018 NFL Draft Discussion

squire12

2 minutes ago, Rodjahs12 said:

I can already imagined how pissed I’m going to be when the  board is entirely blown up outside of Davenport and we pass on him for a second tier corner anyway. 

This is what I'm afraid of. Hell I'm afraid Landry and Davenport will be there and we are going to take Jackson or Hughes. That would be very disappointing.

3 minutes ago, cannondale said:

For all we know, every NFL team has Davenport rated no higher than pick #50.

Probably not, but something to remember before going viral. 

Highly doubt that. It's just the Packers value explosion and bend over length and power, I'm just not sure how high on Davenport they are. Other teams will surely be high on him. Detroit at 20 is his floor, he'll be a top 20 pick.

2 minutes ago, Packerraymond said:

Highly doubt that. It's just the Packers value explosion and bend over length and power, I'm just not sure how high on Davenport they are. Other teams will surely be high on him. Detroit at 20 is his floor, he'll be a top 20 pick.

I was giving an example as a pre-cursor to 25 new threads each pick on draft day with people freaking out

What's the deal with Deon Cain? Seems like a Packers type WR.

6'2 202 33" arms

40: 4.43

Vert: 33.5"

Broad: 115"

3-Cone: 6.71

Seems like a bigger Greg Jennings from an athletic profile standpoint.

19 minutes ago, packfanfb said:

This is what I'm afraid of. Hell I'm afraid Landry and Davenport will be there and we are going to take Jackson or Hughes. That would be very disappointing.

I would be too, in the short term. But not shocked

Lots of people were disappointed we passed on Watt. Fast forward a year and imagine our roster without King

3 hours ago, MantyWrestler said:

Who (WRs)  in the 2nd or 3rd is so much better than the list I gave?

Pretty much all of them. Their overall game is better, which is why they are 2nd or 3rd rounders and not in the 4-7 range.

D.J.Moore, Anthony Miller, Courtland Sutton, Christian Kirk, James Washington, D.J.Chark, Dante Pettis, Michael Gallup, Deon Cain, Daesean Hamilton, are among the 2nds and 3rds (the odd one may even go in round one, joining Ridley). That is 11 WRs without even mentioning Keke Coutee or Trequan Smith or Callaway (who has notable character concerns).

While several of your prospects have great size (eg Ateman, Scott) or both the size and speed (St.Brown, Valdez-Scantling, Watson), they are athletic projections more than those who are 2nd or 3rd rounders.

I'd be interested in one of the guys I mentioned, ideally in round three. Why there ? Because the sheer volume of receivers this year, grouped in that area, suggest that several will slide to rd 3........... so for me, that is the sweet spot of talent versus draft spot, for WRs. I'd be looking at OLB/CB/WR with the first three picks (assuming the draft board falls ok).

I'd also look for a second, more  developmental WR later, which is where your list comes in.

38 minutes ago, cannondale said:

I would be too, in the short term. But not shocked

Lots of people were disappointed we passed on Watt. Fast forward a year and imagine our roster without King

Not sure that's a good example. King was a bigger need but Watt may still end up being the better player. Certainly was last year and we will see what year 2 holds and so on. What is a shame is that our front office let the CB position get so bad that we almost were forced to draft King. 

So can anyone tell me why Baker is better than Lamar? They're like the same person except Lamar is bigger, throws harder and runs faster? Lamar has a lot of eye openers too, straight ropes for 30 yards precisely where it needs to be.

If the Jets do in fact pick Baker they deserve their misery.

57 minutes ago, Lieker said:

What's the deal with Deon Cain? Seems like a Packers type WR.

6'2 202 33" arms

40: 4.43

Vert: 33.5"

Broad: 115"

3-Cone: 6.71

Seems like a bigger Greg Jennings from an athletic profile standpoint.

I like him more than most but his hands are a real issue. Expected that to get better with more targets last year with Mike Williams leaving Clemson but it never really happened.

23 minutes ago, packfanfb said:

Not sure that's a good example. King was a bigger need but Watt may still end up being the better player. Certainly was last year and we will see what year 2 holds and so on. What is a shame is that our front office let the CB position get so bad that we almost were forced to draft King. 

Oh for sure. I was going strictly off need. 

Archived