2018 NFL Draft Discussion

squire12

2 minutes ago, Packerraymond said:

Our worst case scenario lands us in position to draft Davenport, LVE, Hughes, Alexander or Vea. All of which we'd probably be praying fell into the late 20s in previous years. We're going to get someone good.

WAIT! Andy Herman's just come back and adjusted his list......

"The GBPs trade their 5th round selection plus a years supply of free Bratwurst Specials to the Niners for their 9th pick and the the GBPs selected Tremain Edmunds"

:) 

12 hours ago, bkobow05 said:

No thanks. Far better value going CB/EDGE in 1 and grabbing WR depth on day 2 or 3. Example, Anthony Miller with pick 101 is far greater value than Ridley at 14. Miller is going to be THE guy from this draft at WR.

Miller isn’t going to make it to pick 100. I’d expect him gone before pick 75.

9 minutes ago, packfanfb said:

Now what if Bills go Davenport and not Rosen...prob unlikely but they do have McCarron. Then what do we do?

Trade back with the Patriots for the Rams 1st and the 49ers 2nd.

Also could convince me to draft Ridley.  It's about filling holes at this point and he's likely BPA at a position of major need (lack of depth this year and Cobb is an UFA next).

Just now, ChaRisMa said:

Miller isn’t going to make it to pick 100. I’d expect him gone before pick 75.

And that's fine. Miller at 45 or trade up in the 3rd is still better value than Ridley at 14. The WR board is all over the place so there's really no telling where these guys will actually go. Regardless, in any scenario, taking a WR at 45, 76 or 101 is far better than Ridley at 14.

16 minutes ago, bkobow05 said:

And that's fine. Miller at 45 or trade up in the 3rd is still better value than Ridley at 14. The WR board is all over the place so there's really no telling where these guys will actually go. Regardless, in any scenario, taking a WR at 45, 76 or 101 is far better than Ridley at 14.

What about Ridley don’t you like?

5 hours ago, CWood21 said:

I'll be honest, I think your expectations aren't at the right place.  He's not Earl Thomas in terms of range, and he's obviously not Sean Taylor.  But the best thing a DB can do is be invisible, and he's still making plays all over the field.

Ok but you just named 2 “special” safeties and said he not that. So, why are you so high on him for our 14th pick? End of the first topmof the second, I’m all over him with you. But, what do I know. I just don’t see “It” when I watch him. 

30 minutes ago, SSG said:

Trade back with the Patriots for the Rams 1st and the 49ers 2nd.

Also could convince me to draft Ridley.  It's about filling holes at this point and he's likely BPA at a position of major need (lack of depth this year and Cobb is an UFA next).

Move up 1 spot when the rest of those players go and draft Ward. 

If OG Nelson was somehow still on the board at #14, do you take him, even if RG is a lower priority need compared to Edge/CB or even RT? Perhaps getting a potential 10 yr. mainstay, Steve Hutchinson level player at RG is a luxury we can't afford given all the other higher priority needs we have, and he might be more suited to a man scheme than zone, though he'd be good in either.  But I guess I'd have to at least pause and consider it, even if one of Ward/Fitz/Edmunds/James is still on board at 14. Again, I may pass on him for one of those other guys, but I'd at least pause and consider it. 

15 minutes ago, DWhitehurst said:

If OG Nelson was somehow still on the board at #14, do you take him, even if RG is a lower priority need compared to Edge/CB or even RT? Perhaps getting a potential 10 yr. mainstay, Steve Hutchinson level player at RG is a luxury we can't afford given all the other higher priority needs we have, and he might be more suited to a man scheme than zone, though he'd be good in either.  But I guess I'd have to at least pause and consider it, even if one of Ward/Fitz/Edmunds/James is still on board at 14. Again, I may pass on him for one of those other guys, but I'd at least pause and consider it. 

I wouldn't even consider it if one of those guys are on the board. If we took him I'd understand why since he is a top 5 talent in this draft, and we really don't know what our RG situation is gonna look like. Though I would rather get someone in the middle rounds to play guard.

Archived