Offseason news/rumours

KimuraGod

1 minute ago, jetfan8178 said:

I swear, I think our players figure we have all this cap space we are going to give money away.

It is normal.  It is a suggestion that Davis will take a time to walk through the FA circle for best contract.  He may or may not return.

3 hours ago, rickyt31 said:

I think the Browns are going to go with Bark #1 and Allen at #4. Now that they have Taylor, they can take Allen and sit him. 

I want Rosen the most, but I would be cool with Darnold, Baker, or Jackson. We have to move up. 

That is only move the Browns should make, I said the exact same thing Yesterday, that is really having your cake and eating it to. I also want Rosen he is the best of the QB;s in the draft

6 minutes ago, Colt45fool said:

And didn't ASJ wants 8 mill a year? Man these guys are crazy. 

Macc is right in this regard. Just bc we have money doesn’t mean spend it quite yet. There’s no reason to panic. No one has signed yet really. Williamson makes sense in regards to replacing David. He’s younger and is similar. Why pay Davis if you can’t get the same player even younger for possibly even cheaper? Smart is anything. And ASJ isn’t worth close to his asking price. I’d rather see us take a chance with Eifert or trade for Ebron for like a 5th Rounder.

Macc isn't going to spend heavy early. It's a smart decision. I'll give him props for that even though I want to see something happen. 3 waves of free agency 1. Now 2. After the draft/Camp 3. Preseason. He's going to balance this out. 

5 minutes ago, Colt45fool said:

Or Minnesota will just bring in cousins...Keenum in Denver shouldn't stop that. 

Exactly. Only thing this changes is it might make things move faster. Bring that Cousins is documenting all of this... I see him taking his time though.

Main reason I want Cousins is it offers us flexibility in the draft to go BPA and not show our hand. That being said, I would not be mad if the Jets somewhat overhauled the QB position. A simple 5 step process here:

1. Sign Bridgewater (2 yrs, $19MM)

2. Sign McCown (1 yr, $10MM)

3. Attempt to trade Hackenberg (easier said then done). Let's say Houston for a 6th round pick.

4. Cut Petty

5. Draft our guy. Whether it means standing pat at 6 or trading up. Make sure we get our guy.

Let Bridgewater and McCown compete for the starting job this year. Best case scenario is Teddy over achieves and we have a good problem in having multiple QBs with promise.

13 minutes ago, BJets512 said:

Main reason I want Cousins is it offers us flexibility in the draft to go BPA and not show our hand. That being said, I would not be mad if the Jets somewhat overhauled the QB position. A simple 5 step process here:

3. Attempt to trade Hackenberg (easier said then done). Let's say Houston for a 6th round pick.

4. Cut Petty

5. Draft our guy. Whether it means standing pat at 6 or trading up. Make sure we get our guy.

Let Bridgewater and McCown compete for the starting job this year. Best case scenario is Teddy over achieves and we have a good problem in having multiple QBs with promise.

I see it pointless to use any cap space on mccown if a guy like Bridgewater is brought in. As fans you guys might dislike Hack but the fact is the FO knew he’d need to develop for a couple years. He’s not going anywhere. I agree that Petty will get cut. I think if we sign a guy like Bridgewater we roll with him, Hack and a rookie Round 1. Open competition and let the best best man start. All have upside. No sense of bringing in mccown at that point. 

3 hours ago, Bobby816 said:

I see it pointless to use any cap space on mccown if a guy like Bridgewater is brought in. As fans you guys might dislike Hack but the fact is the FO knew he’d need to develop for a couple years. He’s not going anywhere. I agree that Petty will get cut. I think if we sign a guy like Bridgewater we roll with him, Hack and a rookie Round 1. Open competition and let the best best man start. All have upside. No sense of bringing in mccown at that point. 

I'm perfectly ok with a Bridgewater hack competition.

I'd love a first round qb but I'd also be okay with being able to move down and grab a few more picks to try and build up the depth and talent level all around

5 hours ago, BJets512 said:

4. Cut Petty

Bridge and mccown is the most likely scenario. Then minkah at six. Watch. That's a Bowles-mac off-season if I ever saw one. 

Archived