Offseason news/rumours

KimuraGod

32 minutes ago, xenajets said:

Looks like both AR15 and Watkins are both hitting FA. I’d be all over them like a rash. We have to get one of them period. 

Imgaine saying to Kirk we have signed one of these guys. Or better yet both ?

He’s paying attention 

Exclusive tag: 15,293,893 (used top 5 salary cap of 2018 on OTC) prior to actual FA activity (the finalized price will be marked in April)

Non exclusive tag: 12,785,400 (used wiki for franchise price of last 5 years)

Transition tag: 13,024,840 (same as Exclusive but for top 10 in 2017)

Tag prices for CB.

Because I'm not certain about which salary is used for each tag's formula, nothing is ironed.  No need to get upset by those numbers.

If Bears used TT on Fuller then there was something off in contractual negotiation. If all NFL teams agree with Bears regarding of Fuller's value then Bears will match the sheet. Otherwise, non exclusive franchise tag would be a smart move for Bears.

10 minutes ago, KingOfTheDot said:

Wouldn't be having this AR15 debate if idzik just picked the man

Well if we’re going to do that. We should have drafted Cooks instead of Pryor Round 1, where WR wouldn’t have been a need in Round 2.

20 minutes ago, KingOfTheDot said:

Wouldn't be having this AR15 debate if idzik just picked the man

I mean. I was like come on Idzik! It was a loaded WR class and we needed a WR. I can't remember who we had on the roster. But I know most were hoping for OBJ or Cook in the 1st or Robinson or Matthews or Lee in the 2nd. We end up taking 3 WR's that draft. Only Enunwa turned into a player. 

Thought this was relevant news coming out of PFF. They have Trumaine Johnson on their FA to avoid list. Of their list, Johnson is the only player the Jets have been linked to.

Isn't Dee Ford still under contract? Not sure why they have him on the list. 

https://www.profootballfocus.com/news/pro-2018-nfl-free-agents-to-avoid?utm_source=cj&utm_medium=affiliate&utm_campaign=cjaff

Don't know where to put this, but ran some numbers off of a mock and here's what I got:

We can re-sign a large chunk of depth guys, tender Enunwa, and re-sign Demario
Add Bridgewater, AR15, Burton, Pugh, Richburg, T. Murphy, Mathieu, Gaines
End up with about 10 mil of rollover cap and have 55 mil in cap space in 2019.

In the mock, our first three picks ended up being Rosen, Kolton Miller, and Penny.

Archived