2018 Free Agency Discussion Thread

AnAngryAmerican

12 minutes ago, BroncoBruin said:

Well I like the idea of Brock and Breaux competing for what is essenrially a starting job. Breaux is really intriguing if he can stay healthy, he was the guy I was hoping for all along, just never expected the Saints wouldn’t tender him. 

He was on the trade block last year what did you expect?

Breaux leaves town without a deal.   Most likely didn't pass the physical.

I will say this - at least that "failed" physical probably won't generate near as much attention as BAL's with Ryan Grant - announced after Crabtree was released...and BAL booked a visit with Crabtree for tomorrow.   O.o

11 hours ago, brncos4life said:

any thoughts on honey badger or suh?

I don't think we can afford either. It sounds like the money we had before signing Keenum and then what we got with the Von restructure is going to be used to sign a handful of middling players like Brock, maybe Eric Ebron, perhaps a No. 3 WR and some RT, which Klis keeps saying they're looking for but I don't see anyone on the market who is not just another Stephenson/Watson type. 

1 hour ago, AnAngryAmerican said:

I don't think we can afford either. It sounds like the money we had before signing Keenum and then what we got with the Von restructure is going to be used to sign a handful of middling players like Brock, maybe Eric Ebron, perhaps a No. 3 WR and some RT, which Klis keeps saying they're looking for but I don't see anyone on the market who is not just another Stephenson/Watson type. 

The scary name we are linked to in some twitter reports - Marshall Newhouse.  Ugh. ¬¬

18 hours ago, BroncoBruin said:

Worst free agent class I can remember and every team is tripping over themselves to shower mediocre players with money. What a mess.

With Von restructuring do you guys think there will be any late June 1st cuts worth while that we could stash some cap space for?

Not feeling any of the remaining free agents really.   I thought maybe we could pursue Moncrief, but I think he went to Jax.  I thought Aaron Lynch might be worth it.

Not crazy about any of the Tackle's left.  Here a some guys we might consider:

Mathieu (DB)  - A young and versatile DB.  Probably will command too much money.  We should inquire at least.

Boston (S) - Probably out of our price range as well.  Would upgrade our secondary.

Fleming (OL) - Not great, but still young enough.  Still seems like just a backup who will get starter money in this market.

Jenson (C/G) - Still young.  Would be an upgrade over Garcia for sure.  Might be able to afford him.

Ebron (TE) - Still young enough, and though I think we will draft one, Butt is an injury risk and we have no other depth here.  The price would have to be right of course.

Klug (DE) - Just got released by the Titans.  I could see him coming in as a rotation guy.  Good against the run.

Ealy (DE) - Guy has talent.  Knocks down a ton of passes.  Still pretty young.  Had a great game against us in SB50.  Take a flyer.

Not much else out there at this point. 

6 minutes ago, Epic said:

Not feeling any of the remaining free agents really.   I thought maybe we could pursue Moncrief, but I think he went to Jax.  I thought Aaron Lynch might be worth it.

Not crazy about any of the Tackle's left.  Here a some guys we might consider:

Mathieu (DB)  - A young and versatile DB.  Probably will command too much money.  We should inquire at least.

Boston (S) - Probably out of our price range as well.  Would upgrade our secondary.

Fleming (OL) - Not great, but still young enough.  Still seems like just a backup who will get starter money in this market.

Jenson (C/G) - Still young.  Would be an upgrade over Garcia for sure.  Might be able to afford him.

Ebron (TE) - Still young enough, and though I think we will draft one, Butt is an injury risk and we have no other depth here.  The price would have to be right of course.

Klug (DE) - Just got released by the Titans.  I could see him coming in as a rotation guy.  Good against the run.

Ealy (DE) - Guy has talent.  Knocks down a ton of passes.  Still pretty young.  Had a great game against us in SB50.  Take a flyer.

Not much else out there at this point. 

Good list and summary.  At their price I’m unimpressed by them all.  Jensen is the best value of the bunch but he’s still going to be pricey in all likelihood. A HUGE no to the safeties.  Honey Badger looks like he lost his elite burst and quickness post-injury.   Take the name away and his 2017 film says easy pass.  And that’s before we get to our roster fit and cap priorities.  

I’ve said it before Cameron Meredith is a WR we should pursue.  Young so room to improve and high ceiling.  Not just this year but a future speculation candidate. 

Mike Klis is good at reporting factual stuff. Broncos are signing player X and working out player Y etc. But my god, the man should not be allowed to use twitter to express subjective opinions on Broncos football. He acts like Keenum is the second coming of Peyton Manning. 

Archived