Rueben Foster arrested on possession of marijuana

.Buzz

I’ve been saying he’s made of glass and I’m thinking he’s not gonna make it in this league. Here’s another strike against him. I don’t care if it’s a stupid law or whatever, totally irrelevant. He knows it’s gonna get him suspended or closer to suspension, so it’s selfish and him not being smart enough to put team first. Some of you I’m sure think that’s harsh, but fact is whether you agree with a rule, law, what you get penalized for in a game.... if you know it’s going to hurt the team then you’re selfish if you do it. 

Let Foster play 2 or 3 amazing games next year and trade him for a second round pick. 

Not smoking pot seems like a really easy rule to follow when you can make millions of dollars and play a game you love as a career.  I don't even like the stuff, but even if I did, I wouldn't even risk my IT job for it.    I guess I'll just never understand some of these guys.

Hope it scares him straight, though.  We have enough holes to fill on this team as it is. 

On 1/12/2018 at 11:04 PM, N4L said:

The league and the state of Alabama have antiquated marijuana policies. It's unfortunate this happened, hopefully he doesn't get suspended. 

This feels different than what happened to Aldon because Foster seems more committed to this team. It's the off-season, these guys deserve to blow off some steam. Obviously he should have known better and I'd like to hear some more details about why they searched him/how much he had etc etc but now he's going to be subjected to more frequent testing - so hopefully there are no more slip ups and this is just a speed bump not a roadblock

I don''t know that it feels different at all to be honest. He's not as aloof as Aldon, but otherwise, the guy can't be trusted on his own. Last off season he has a diluted sample at the combine, when you know exactly when you're getting tested, which just shows remarkable idiocy, and now, under whatever stage of the program you're in, you get busted for having weed. He seems to love football, and definitely displays it in a way that Aldon really didn't, but will he choose football over this crap? Can't guarantee it.

As soon as you're a little famous, you think you can get away with things others can't. Logic and reason stops to matter, because you're above others, therefore above the law. These guys, with their sense of entitlement... it's sad, and frustrating for us mere mortals who have to follow rules and laws.

30 minutes ago, J-ALL-DAY said:

So Ian Rapoport said there should be a one game suspension for Foster. 

Not too bad, and if it makes us feel better, he probably would have missed 40% of that game with various stingers anyway 

4 hours ago, Chrissooner49er said:

Regardless of legality, it is an addiction. Addictions get in the way of ambition. Lack of ambition has been the downfall of many promising careers, no matter which.

Hope Foster gets his priorities straight.

Quite the leap to suggest its an addiction. He was tested all season long (and probably more than average after a diluted combine sample) and nothing came up. If the NFL considered this an addiction I'd love to see what they'd label their opioid tendencies. 

I'm giving Foster the Tim Lincecum treatment...spark it up all you want bro just dont get caught. 

I'd have a hard time swearing off coke, or pizza, or potato chips, or any number of things I enjoy that are not necessarily good for me.  But I don't feel like I'm addicted to them.  On the other hand if I had millions of dollars at stake I think I could manage.

39 minutes ago, big9erfan said:

I'd have a hard time swearing off coke, or pizza, or potato chips, or any number of things I enjoy that are not necessarily good for me.  But I don't feel like I'm addicted to them.  On the other hand if I had millions of dollars at stake I think I could manage.

Now I want to create smoked pizza. 

8 hours ago, 48 1/2ers said:

Quite the leap to suggest its an addiction. He was tested all season long (and probably more than average after a diluted combine sample) and nothing came up. If the NFL considered this an addiction I'd love to see what they'd label their opioid tendencies. 

I'm giving Foster the Tim Lincecum treatment...spark it up all you want bro just dont get caught. 

The difference is that the MLB doesn't test for pot or other recreational drugs. 

Archived