The Offseason Thread

ttitansfan4life

21 minutes ago, deeluxx3 said:

Big fan of the Compton signing!

in other news -- and it's just me -- but I wish Adoree was training w/ Byard, Ryan and Sims!

He’s trained wit them, a couple of times, but no it’s not just you, I’ve been thinking the same thing. He so raw & behind technique wise, I’m hoping he’s watching a lot of film. He can flat out cover but his football IQ far as recognizing route concepts isn’t average. He couldn’t stop a slant to save his life. He struggles in zone when ask to play off but man he’s good

3 minutes ago, KingTitan said:

I like Matthews. I hope he signs. 

Think he'd be an upgrade iver Decker honestly. If he ends the year inside our top 2 WRs for yards either he's killed it or we've got some issues. At the right price this could be areally solid move. Good to have competitive talent like Mathews over somebody like Harry Douglas.

Did he end the year injured? Surprised he's lasted this long / had so many visits. 

6 minutes ago, VY said:

Think he'd be an upgrade iver Decker honestly. If he ends the year inside our top 2 WRs for yards either he's killed it or we've got some issues. At the right price this could be areally solid move. Good to have competitive talent like Mathews over somebody like Harry Douglas.

Did he end the year injured? Surprised he's lasted this long / had so many visits. 

Exactly. He's not a guy that I'm jumping up and down for, but he's a younger upgrade to Decker and I think he has some untapped potential there. I'm sure it'd be a one year prove it deal.  I kinda feel like he's been in some offenses early in his career that have stunted his growth a bit too, but we'll see what happens.

I like the potential fit of Matthews here. He's an upgrade to the Decker/Sharpe role, and I think could thrive in what I expect the offense to be (a lot of west coast route concepts). 

He also has the potential to be a very good #2 guy behind Davis. Rishard is FA after this year and even though he's been good in his time here, he may get more money in the open market than JRob may be comfortable giving. 

3 hours ago, ttitansfan4life said:

Blah Matthews is trash

That's a bit harsh. We need another guy who has actually played, and out of what is left he is by far the best option. OBJ isn't walking through that door.

Davis, Taylor and even Sharpe have potential. But if any falter we need a vet to plug in that can produce. Another rookie is a big risk.

Archived