NFL News & Notes

Leader

6 minutes ago, HighCalebR said:

He had a pretty impressive rookie year. Sophomore campaign still split a ton with Brate but had some real nice games and improved on his rookie season. This year he's a TE in Arians scheme.. and it's no good being a TE in Arians scheme.

I'd do a 2nd and next years 6th right now. I'd do a 2nd and next years 3rd tbh.

Were gonna need a TE. The draft isnt going to have those, OJ is 5x the prospect of Jace and only a year older.

I think acquiring a good young TE like Howard or Hooper via trade is the way to go.  The odds of landing someone that good in the draft aren't real high.  

Edited by {Family Ghost}

5 minutes ago, HighCalebR said:

He had a pretty impressive rookie year. Sophomore campaign still split a ton with Brate but had some real nice games and improved on his rookie season. This year he's a TE in Arians scheme.. and it's no good being a TE in Arians scheme.

I'd do a 2nd and next years 6th right now. I'd do a 2nd and next years 3rd tbh.

Were gonna need a TE. The draft isnt going to have those, OJ is 5x the prospect of Jace and only a year older.

I’ve heard quite a few people say Aaron Rodgers likes TE’s and WR’s that can separate. With Rodgers lack willingness to throw into tight coverage that makes sense. Howard can be that guy. True Seam buster. More importantly, he’s supposed to be a stud run blocker as well. Seem like the perfect fit for Lafleur’s offense. I’d easily trade this years 2nd+.

• Like 1

3 minutes ago, Lieker said:

I’ve heard quite a few people say Aaron Rodgers likes TE’s and WR’s that can separate. With Rodgers lack willingness to throw into tight coverage that makes sense. Howard can be that guy. True Seam buster. More importantly, he’s supposed to be a stud run blocker as well. Seem like the perfect fit for Lafleur’s offense. I’d easily trade this years 2nd+.

I was high on Howard as well, but Tampa Bay isn't going to let him go. Even with Cameron Brate hanging around...

6 minutes ago, wgbeethree said:

Howard is a decent run blocker who got drafted too high because nobody (literally..  like LITERALLY) covered him a few times in big games. He doesn't move the needle at all. He's a second string NFL tight end. That's it.

Strong take. Can’t say I agree. He’s not producing currently in the Arians offense which is not known for utilizing the TE. He had a monster year last year before getting hurt. 34 catches, 565 yards, 5 TD’s over 10 games. 55 catches, 904 yards, 8 TD 16.6 YPC pace for 16. That’s with playing with Winston and Fitzpatrick over the last couple seasons. Put him in our offense and I like his chances.

• Like 1

54 minutes ago, Joe said:

I was high on Howard as well, but Tampa Bay isn't going to let him go. Even with Cameron Brate hanging around...

You’re probably right. But a guy can dream! Apparently the Patriots were sniffing around him. If I’m the Bucs I’d try to move him. That is, if Arians isn’t going to feature him more in the offense.

Adam Schefter -  Kirk Cousins completed 23-of-26 passes Thursday night (88.5%), the highest completion percentage in a game in Vikings’ history (min. 20 attempts), beating Brett Favre’s record in 2009 (88.0%). Of Cousins’ three incompletions, two were throwaways and the other was a dropped pass.

I'm just looking forward to the Vikings playing a legit defense again.  Cousins has looked good against the Falcons, Raiders, Giants, Eagles, Lions and Redskins.  Exactly one of those teams has a winning record this year.  He has not looked good against the Bears or the Packers. 

• Like 1

52 minutes ago, Outpost31 said:

I'm just looking forward to the Vikings playing a legit defense again.  Cousins has looked good against the Falcons, Raiders, Giants, Eagles, Lions and Redskins.  Exactly one of those teams has a winning record this year.  He has not looked good against the Bears or the Packers. 

0 of those teams have a winning record.

• Like 1

3 hours ago, Leader said:

Adam Schefter -  Kirk Cousins completed 23-of-26 passes Thursday night (88.5%), the highest completion percentage in a game in Vikings’ history (min. 20 attempts), beating Brett Favre’s record in 2009 (88.0%). Of Cousins’ three incompletions, two were throwaways and the other was a dropped pass.

Wins vs the Redskins, Bengals and Dolphins should only count as 1/2 a win.  And if you somehow lose to them you should get 2 losses.