NFL News & Notes

Leader

15 minutes ago, waterfish_21 said:

Wins vs the Redskins, Bengals and Dolphins should only count as 1/2 a win.  And if you somehow lose to them you should get 2 losses.

nice.

Wefound the solution to strength of schedule discrepancies boys haha. 

3 hours ago, Leader said:

Adam Schefter -  Kirk Cousins completed 23-of-26 passes Thursday night (88.5%), the highest completion percentage in a game in Vikings’ history (min. 20 attempts), beating Brett Favre’s record in 2009 (88.0%). Of Cousins’ three incompletions, two were throwaways and the other was a dropped pass.

I think he's in the MVP discussion. 

3 minutes ago, Golfman said:

Hey, how does everybody feel about Justin McCray as a starting LT? That is where he's going to be when Cleveland plays NE on Sunday. Greg Robinson has been benched in favor of Justin McCray. 

Hey Baker, look out! 

Imagine how bad Robinson is

• Like 1

14 minutes ago, Golfman said:

Hey, how does everybody feel about Justin McCray as a starting LT? That is where he's going to be when Cleveland plays NE on Sunday. Greg Robinson has been benched in favor of Justin McCray. 

Hey Baker, look out! 

Isn't Newhouse starting as well with the patriots? I know he's bounced around a lot. 

Tight end Evan Engram

The 25-year-old Engram is a real wild-card here, and his name has come up quite a bit in discussions with league scouts and executives. He was a Jerry Reese draft pick and his contract is up at the end of the 2020 season, unless the Giants pick up his fifth-year option (which they have to decide by May). No one is sure how well he fits into the Gettleman-Pat Shurmur plan. He's more of a pure receiver than a two-way tight end, and he's only shown flashes of being explosive. But there's enough talent and potential there that some people are intrigued.

How intrigued? That's unclear. "He's hurt way too much, but he's a big problem when he's healthy," one AFC scout said. "His speed makes him a matchup nightmare. I don't know if they're using him right, but another team could."

Again, offensive weapons (usually receivers) tend to draw higher picks in return. In the right system Engram could be very valuable. The Giants could deal him and use tight end Rhett Ellison (a Shurmur favorite) in a limited pass-catching role where he's been effective at times.

Still, there's no sign of anything hot, but he's a name that some are watching … and wondering about.

https://www.sny.tv/giants/news/with-deadline-six-days-away-nfl-sources-weigh-in-on-the-giants-few-tradeable-assets/311269996

38 minutes ago, TheGreatZepp said:

Well if you get a 1st and 3rd in return you could... but it would only make sense if you got a huge ransom in return

Maybe. I know if I'm a NYG fan and they traded him for that, I'd be pretty pissed anyways.

They say they don't know what the plan for him is but he seems like a pretty darn core piece from where I sit.

7 hours ago, Howler said:

I think he's in the MVP discussion. 

LOL ... he's played only 3 teams .500 or better and lost 2 of them.  Last month of games the teams he beat were combined 8-19-1.  Yes, he's had a nice run against them but the love fest for him should be withheld for a few more games.