NFL News & Notes

Leader

Foreshadowing for Kenny Clark?

NFL Rumors -  Patrick Mahomes‘ looming extension overshadows the Chiefs’ other offseason matters, but the team looks to have reached a decision on Chris Jones. Well, to some degree.

The free agent defensive tackle would be one of the top players available on this year’s market, but the Chiefs do not plan to let him get there. If they cannot reach an extension agreement by the end of the window to apply franchise tags (March 10), the defending Super Bowl champions will tag Jones, Albert Breer of SI.com notes.

A defensive tackle franchise tag would run the Chiefs approximately $16.3MM. Based on Jones’ per-year asking price, that would be a bargain for Kansas City. Last year, Jones held out in hopes of securing a deal north of $20MM per year. The contract the Chiefs gave Frank Clark after trading for him — five years, $104MM with $63MM guaranteed — represents the most lucrative accord in franchise history. With Jones making his first Pro Bowl a year after setting the NFL record for most consecutive games with a sack, his price point this time around will surely not drop.

This is not good......

Tom Pelissero -   Former NFL WR Quan Bray was also arrested along with soon to be free agent tackle Greg Robinson. The pair had 157 pounds of marijuana, authorities say. If convicted of possession with intent to distribute, each faces up to 20 years in federal prison.

46 minutes ago, Leader said:

This is not good......

Tom Pelissero -   Former NFL WR Quan Bray was also arrested along with soon to be free agent tackle Greg Robinson. The pair had 157 pounds of marijuana, authorities say. If convicted of possession with intent to distribute, each faces up to 20 years in federal prison.

157 lbs.... did they just come back from Columbia 

1 hour ago, Packerraymond said:

and they crossed the border to Mexico

Actually, they didn't per the TMZ reports. There are border patrol checkpoints set up all over the place in the Southwest, including in Texas
If you drive from San Diego to Phoenix, you go through a checkpoint and the dogs are walked past your car for a quick sniff
I've seen checkpoints in Southern Utah as well and that's 400 miles from the border. These dudes clearly effed up, but they didn't leave US soil

Makes Guion and his paltry 1 pound stash look pretty tame by comparison

8 hours ago, Shanedorf said:

Actually, they didn't per the TMZ reports. There are border patrol checkpoints set up all over the place in the Southwest, including in Texas
If you drive from San Diego to Phoenix, you go through a checkpoint and the dogs are walked past your car for a quick sniff
I've seen checkpoints in Southern Utah as well and that's 400 miles from the border. These dudes clearly effed up, but they didn't leave US soil

Makes Guion and his paltry 1 pound stash look pretty tame by comparison

Pretty sure setting up those checkpoints inside of the states is against your constitutional rights, I could be wrong, haven't looked too deep into it.

20 minutes ago, dwaye50327 said:

Pretty sure setting up those checkpoints inside of the states is against your constitutional rights, I could be wrong, haven't looked too deep into it.

I think the Utah one must have been a regular police presence unless it was an immigration checkpoint. If those dummies had done their research and stayed 100+ miles away from either border then they probably wouldn't have been stopped. 

1 hour ago, Fl0nkerton said:

I think the Utah one must have been a regular police presence unless it was an immigration checkpoint. If those dummies had done their research and stayed 100+ miles away from either border then they probably wouldn't have been stopped

I was thinking the same thing....but nowadays....with whats going on in this country? All bets are off.