NFL News & Notes

Leader

2 minutes ago, packfanfb said:

Adding insult to injury, Godwin, who had January surgery for his ACL tear, was "cleared" for TC without PUP. Team must be built differently or something...

I mean those docs were letting the corpse of Antonio Brown play... They are having a brief time in the sun with Tom Brady, but the Bucs for a majority of their existence are not an organization to have any jealousy towards.

2 minutes ago, Packerraymond said:

I mean those docs were letting the corpse of Antonio Brown play... They are having a brief time in the sun with Tom Brady, but the Bucs for a majority of their existence are not an organization to have any jealousy towards.

True but that "brief time in the sun" is directly conflicting with our shrinking window to win a championship with 12. We aren't competing against 31 other teams, we're competing against about 2-4 in the NFC and the Bucs are one of them. 

1 minute ago, packfanfb said:

True but that "brief time in the sun" is directly conflicting with our shrinking window to win a championship with 12. We aren't competing against 31 other teams, we're competing against about 2-4 in the NFC and the Bucs are one of them. 

None of those teams can hang with us if 12 doesn't shrink himself in the playoffs. Our roster is one of the best in his tenure, it's on him to get the job done. Not really worried about anyone else.

• Like 1

Just now, Packerraymond said:

None of those teams can hang with us if 12 doesn't shrink himself in the playoffs. Our roster is one of the best in his tenure, it's on him to get the job done. Not really worried about anyone else.

Meh, our defense maybe. Right now our offense is grasping for life without LT 1, RT 1, TE 1 and no No. 1 WR. Hopefully, things will look different in December/January and those guys will be healthy because we aren't storming the gates with a Nijman/Van Lanen combo at OT and Deguara at TE. Having these injured guys return to form without further "setbacks" is going to be everything. 

Just now, packfanfb said:

Meh, our defense maybe. Right now our offense is grasping for life without LT 1, RT 1, TE 1 and no No. 1 WR. Hopefully, things will look different in December/January and those guys will be healthy because we aren't storming the gates with a Nijman/Van Lanen combo at OT and Deguara at TE. Having these injured guys return to form without further "setbacks" is going to be everything. 

Jenkins, Tonyan, and Bakh will be fine. 

Only thing that scares me about this roster is the EDGE depth. If Julio wasn't taking the min, I'd much rather have JPP, Barr, Dunlap or Griffen with that money and just keep them fresh and rushing the QB. The pass game will open itself up off the run game.

6 minutes ago, Packerraymond said:

Jenkins, Tonyan, and Bakh will be fine. 

Only thing that scares me about this roster is the EDGE depth. If Julio wasn't taking the min, I'd much rather have JPP, Barr, Dunlap or Griffen with that money and just keep them fresh and rushing the QB. The pass game will open itself up off the run game.

Yea, I'm not there yet with this offense. On paper, it's easily the worst group of skill players I can remember as a fan and even our OL isn't as dominant as it was 3-4 years ago. Can it work? It's possible if LaFleur calls it right and 12 can execute it, but come playoff time when scheme can't do it alone and it's time to depend on your talent in key moments of games, this group really worries me. 

45 minutes ago, PossibleCabbage said:

If Julio wanted to play in Green Bay, he would be.  If the Packers desperately wanted a veteran WR they would have signed (another) one in the spring.  This is nothing to really worry about.

Julio legit looked washed last season.

But......

Snl Season 43 GIF by Saturday Night Live

1 hour ago, packfanfb said:

Yea, I'm not there yet with this offense. On paper, it's easily the worst group of skill players I can remember as a fan and even our OL isn't as dominant as it was 3-4 years ago. Can it work? It's possible if LaFleur calls it right and 12 can execute it, but come playoff time when scheme can't do it alone and it's time to depend on your talent in key moments of games, this group really worries me. 

The last year of linsley was really the year you could point to and say "that was hands down better".

The core of Elgton, Myers and Runyan is still quite strong. Then you'll get some play out of aging vet bakh. Some moving bits, sure, but not as dire as youre alluding. Its a strong interior with an All Pro talent at Tackle.

3 minutes ago, HighCalebR said:

The last year of linsley was really the year you could point to and say "that was hands down better".

The core of Elgton, Myers and Runyan is still quite strong. Then you'll get some play out of aging vet bakh. Some moving bits, sure, but not as dire as youre alluding. Its a strong interior with an All Pro talent at Tackle.

I don't think it's dire but our top 4 used to be Bak (with 2 good legs), Jenkins, Linsley and Turner. 

Hopefully Myers takes that natural year 2 step and I like Runyan a lot. More worried about OT given the current injuries. We're assuming Jenkins doesn't run into the issues Bak had last year and hoping Bak comes back from what seems like his 10th setback in the last 8 months.

Edited by packfanfb
  • Like 1