NFL News & Notes

Leader

2 hours ago, Packerraymond said:

I mean those docs were letting the corpse of Antonio Brown play... They are having a brief time in the sun with Tom Brady, but the Bucs for a majority of their existence are not an organization to have any jealousy towards.

Corpse of AB was playing pretty well though.  Problem is and has been upstairs with him.

Jones is a limited snap guy at this point in his career, but he's WR 1/WR 2 when he's on the field for any team.

57 minutes ago, packfanfb said:

I don't think it's dire but our top 4 used to be Bak (with 2 good legs), Jenkins, Linsley and Turner. 

Hopefully Myers takes that natural year 2 step and I like Runyan a lot. More worried about OT given the current injuries. We're assuming Jenkins doesn't run into the issues Bak had last year and hoping Bak comes back from what seems like his 10th setback in the last 8 months.

Bakh is almost literally the worst case scenario with modern knee repair. I dont think its too optimistic to assume Elgton will be back way ahead of that.

If Bakh cant go at all this year, yeah things get a little on the ledge. Without looking into it too much i imagine theres still a few band aid tackles on the market.

As long as Elgton goes we have a good line. Get David back at something near form and we have a great line.

1 hour ago, skibrett15 said:

Corpse of AB was playing pretty well though.  Problem is and has been upstairs with him.

Jones is a limited snap guy at this point in his career, but he's WR 1/WR 2 when he's on the field for any team.

His ankle was shot, it had been for most of this season but they were trotting him out there.

18 hours ago, Packerraymond said:

None of those teams can hang with us if 12 doesn't shrink himself in the playoffs. Our roster is one of the best in his tenure, it's on him to get the job done. Not really worried about anyone else.

Just a different philosophy of team building, right?

We went young at WR.  They are going the vet route.  Even our vet (Watkins) is relatively young.

I would have liked Julio, but not Julio AND Watkins.  I'd rather we work on developing the kids with young and fast legs.

• Like 1

17 hours ago, packfanfb said:

Yea, I'm not there yet with this offense. On paper, it's easily the worst group of skill players I can remember as a fan and even our OL isn't as dominant as it was 3-4 years ago. Can it work? It's possible if LaFleur calls it right and 12 can execute it, but come playoff time when scheme can't do it alone and it's time to depend on your talent in key moments of games, this group really worries me. 

Skill players.  QB, TE, WR, RB.

Is it really the worst?  We have two stud RB's.  A proven TE coming off of injury.  And while we are very inexperienced at WR, we do have some very good athletes there.

We've been kindda bad at TE for a while, all the way back to Finley.  No real change there.  Maybe we are even slightly better than what we've historically been.

QB, we are as good as we have ever been.

RB.  Much better than what we historically have been.

WR.  Much worse, but we do have good looking young athletes.

I guess I kind of see us flip flopping from WR as a strength to RB being the strength.

As stated, it is up to Rodgers and MLF to engaged those rookie WR's correctly with easier pitch and catches.

Field Yates -   The 49ers have released DE Dee Ford. An unfortunate run of injuries impacted his tenure with the team.

• Jacob Westendorf -   Massive if. But if he’s ever able to be healthy this is a veteran at a position Green Bay needs.

20 minutes ago, Leader said:

Field Yates -   The 49ers have released DE Dee Ford. An unfortunate run of injuries impacted his tenure with the team.

• Jacob Westendorf -   Massive if. But if he’s ever able to be healthy this is a veteran at a position Green Bay needs.

49ers release future Buccaneer Dee Ford.

• Like 2

12 hours ago, vegas492 said:

Just a different philosophy of team building, right?

We went young at WR.  They are going the vet route.  Even our vet (Watkins) is relatively young.

I would have liked Julio, but not Julio AND Watkins.  I'd rather we work on developing the kids with young and fast legs.

I agree with this stance at WR. We've got a handful of legitimate dart throws, good reason to think that at least one of them ends up being a bullseye.

The odds of Lazard getting worse while Watkins, Watson, Doubs, Winfree, Rodgers, and Toure all collectively bomb seem pretty low.

• Like 1

16 hours ago, Packerraymond said:

The Bucs gave Julio up to 8 mil lol. Good luck. Glad we passed.

You guys don't get it. It's been a pattern with the Packers that FA always say they were close to signing with us but in reality they use us as leverage to get a better deal from the team they really want to go to. Like Rodgers said GB is not a great vacation destination "if" they come here they come to play with me and a chance to win a championship.

4 minutes ago, St Vince said:

You guys don't get it. It's been a pattern with the Packers that FA always say they were close to signing with us but in reality they use us as leverage to get a better deal from the team they really want to go to. Like Rodgers said GB is not a great vacation destination "if" they come here they come to play with me and a chance to win a championship.

Um, we do get it. If Julio signs a contract similar to Watkins, I'd say we were nothing but leverage. Julio himself told TB media it was GB, TB and Indy and that he was talking to Brady, Rodgers and Ryan. He took the most money and nicest weather. No way we went to 8m for Julio, he's not wroth that.

9 hours ago, Sandy said:

I agree with this stance at WR. We've got a handful of legitimate dart throws, good reason to think that at least one of them ends up being a bullseye. The odds of Lazard getting worse while Watkins, Watson, Doubs, Winfree, Rodgers, and Toure all collectively bomb seem pretty low.

I like our mix WR talent - think this guy Doubs is gonna be somebody we like - am glad the Davante Funnel is gone (will miss the talent but not the funnel) - and look forward to a more "system based" offense.

Get the OL figured out.....and I think we'll be fine.

• Like 1