NFL News & Notes

Leader

4 hours ago, Norm said:

Bleep bloop... computing next free agent to sign...

If we are struggling at tackle, Eric Fisher seems to tick the boxes.

Also, if nobody steps up as a back-up safety, I wouldn't mind bringing back Chris Banjo.  He should not be expensive, and I thought that he was okay while he was here.  

• Like 2

5 hours ago, Norm said:

No no. They only added it because he wasn't doing it so removing it means he WAS doing it. See. Logic.

Also he was okay with it, that's why he had it removed @Green19

He had to be ok with it… what happens when it gets out that he DIDNT sign for 46 million per because he couldn’t study for 4 extra hours a week?

Fact is he had to be good with it.

Issue came down to… he didn’t like it but to get that sweet sweet money he had to sign a contract he didn’t like. And it blew up in his face and the cards face. Because this looks bad all around.

I wouldn’t be surprise if this creates a fissure between player and front office that there is no coming back from. If the cards don’t win and win a lot… I wouldnt be surprised if in a year or two Murray is traded.

18 hours ago, Norm said:

Bleep bloop... computing next free agent to sign...

Crosby's replacement?

The Jaguars cut rookie Andrew Mevis, who wildly missed three field goal attempts during training camp warm-ups -- including one that hit former Dallas Cowboys head coach Dave Campo.

16 hours ago, Green19 said:

He had to be ok with it… what happens when it gets out that he DIDNT sign for 46 million per because he couldn’t study for 4 extra hours a week?

Fact is he had to be good with it.

Issue came down to… he didn’t like it but to get that sweet sweet money he had to sign a contract he didn’t like. And it blew up in his face and the cards face. Because this looks bad all around.

I wouldn’t be surprise if this creates a fissure between player and front office that there is no coming back from. If the cards don’t win and win a lot… I wouldnt be surprised if in a year or two Murray is traded.

This is definitely going to be a mess but it seems like common sense he thought it was disrespectful to be included but ya gotta get that money. You said he didn't think it was disrespectful to be included and I think that's ridiculous tbh

17 minutes ago, Norm said:

This is definitely going to be a mess but it seems like common sense he thought it was disrespectful to be included but ya gotta get that money. You said he didn't think it was disrespectful to be included and I think that's ridiculous tbh

Let me clarify than… yes in his bones he felt this was disrespectful. But that still didn’t stop him from signing, so either he isn’t a man of principle or he thought it wouldnt come out. Either way it’s bad.

My point was more he can’t complain like he was in his unscheduled presser because he signed it. So rather you thought it was or wasn’t disrespectful, you are good with it on some level if you’re signing it, and he was… he was good with the 46 million per part.

Personally this whole episode brings to light that Murray is at least to this point very immature and likely not going to lead the Cards to anything major, anytime soon.

Ruling on Deshaun Watson due Monday.

Sue L. Robinson, the disciplinary officer jointly appointed by the NFL and players' union, is expected to issue a decision Monday on whether Cleveland Browns quarterback Deshaun Watson violated the league's personal conduct policy following accusations of sexual misconduct, sources confirmed to ESPN.

If Robinson, a former U.S. district judge, imposes any punishment, either side will have three days to submit an appeal in writing. In that case, NFL commissioner Roger Goodell or his designee "will issue a written decision that will constitute full, final and complete disposition of the dispute,'' per terms of Article 46 in the collective bargaining agreement.

The NFLPA already made it clear it won't appeal in a statement Sunday night.

Edited by Brat&Beer

20 minutes ago, PossibleCabbage said:

Since the NFLPA has made it clear they won't appeal, Judge Robinson is now free to suspend Watson for 60,000 years.

My understanding is if the Judge goes with a suspension, Goodell can change the amount of the suspension. If the Judge decides on no suspension, then that is final. 

If Robinson, a former U.S. district judge, imposes any punishment, either side will have three days to submit an appeal in writing. In that case, NFL commissioner Roger Goodell or his designee "will issue a written decision that will constitute full, final and complete disposition of the dispute,'' per terms of Article 46 in the collective bargaining agreement.

Cowboys most valuable NFL (and all of sports) franchise. Packers 14th in NFL. 

https://www.espn.com/nfl/story/_/id/34325815/dallas-cowboys-named-most-valuable-sports-franchise-764-billion

NFL VALUATIONS (Per Sportico)

1) Dallas Cowboys $7.64B
2) Los Angeles Rams $5.91B
3) New England Patriots $5.88B
4) New York Giants $5.73B
5) San Francisco 49ers $5.18B
6) Chicago Bears $5B
7) New York Jets $4.8B
😎 Washington Commanders $4.78B
9) Philadelphia Eagles $4.7B
10) Denver Broncos $4.65B
11) Houston Texans $4.63B
12) Seattle Seahawks $4.385B
13) Pittsburgh Steelers $4.26B
14) Green Bay Packers $4.19B
15) Las Vegas Raiders $4.08B
16) Miami Dolphins $4.06B
17) Atlanta Falcons $3.88B
18) Minnesota Vikings $3.72B
19) Los Angeles Chargers $3.62B
20) Kansas City Chiefs $3.54B
21) Baltimore Ravens $3.435B
22) Carolina Panthers $3.36B
23) Tennessee Titans $3.29B
24) Tampa Bay Buccaneers $3.28B
25) New Orleans Saints $3.26B
26) Indianapolis Colts $3.245B
27) Cleveland Browns $3.18B
28) Arizona Cardinals $3.165B
29) Buffalo Bills $2.99B
30) Jacksonville Jaguars $2.94B
31) Detroit Lions $2.86B
32) Cincinnati Bengals $2.84B
LEAGUE AVERAGE $4.14B

21 minutes ago, Brat&Beer said:

Cowboys most valuable NFL (and all of sports) franchise. Packers 14th in NFL. 

https://www.espn.com/nfl/story/_/id/34325815/dallas-cowboys-named-most-valuable-sports-franchise-764-billion

Tell you what .. Packers at #14 in the smallest market by far of any professional sport team is quite impressive!  Those billions of dollars can buy a bunch of brats, beer and deep fried cheese curds!!!  Very, very cool.