NFL News & Notes

Leader

16 minutes ago, AlexGreen#20 said:

My highschool had that a decade ago. All film is on an app. To watch it you have to log in. On it will be all the cut ups coaches want you to watch, as well as all the other plays. There's a little writing area to take notes if you want. The app just records how long you're logged in for and how long an actual play was moving for. 

So turn iPad on, start gaming for 2 hours, then take 2 hour nap.

Does the system know if you are actually watching?

Edited by squire12

7 minutes ago, AlexGreen#20 said:

Yep. Coaches can check the hours you're supposedly watching, so if he's streaming while his Ipad is running, he's going to get rolled up though. 

so how do the coaches know the ipad is being watched vs just logged in and running?

Just now, squire12 said:

so how do the coaches know the ipad is being watched vs just logged in and running?

They can tell the number of plays watched, not just total log in time. 

They can also see when he's logged in, so if he logs onto the Ipad at 7pm and sets it to run for 4 hours. But they check his Twitch and see that he was streaming at 8:30, he's busted. 

• Like 1

51 minutes ago, Norm said:

Yeah idk what these teams can do anymore. Like we discussed, there's a money making aspect that us fans don't think about it. 

I guess the cap is going to keep going up so maybe it's not that bad going forward if he progresses some. He can certainly flash at times but I'm not betting my house on him becoming a real consistent high end dude either.

This very well could be the point. He puts ***** in the seats and they buy jerseys, etc. I think what we fans don't see is some owners wanting to make money more than winning a Lombardi. It's becoming more of a fact I've tried to ignore. The Brian Flores lawsuit will probably put that naivety to bed for good. Assume the NFL will try like hell to settle that one, so facts don't find out. 

Edited by Old Guy

1 hour ago, PossibleCabbage said:

How reliable would any 24 year old with millions of dollars be?

Great point, but one with a guy who appears to have motivation problems makes even less sense. 

AGAIN, assuming this report is correct that he's the only guy with this clause. 

12 hours ago, AlexGreen#20 said:

My highschool had that a decade ago. All film is on an app. To watch it you have to log in. On it will be all the cut ups coaches want you to watch, as well as all the other plays. There's a little writing area to take notes if you want. The app just records how long you're logged in for and how long an actual play was moving for. 

Did you have Hudl? Or something different.

11 hours ago, Norm said:

Or are all the clips pretty short and require ya to keep hitting play or something pretty often where it wouldn't work that well to try and play Madden or whatever while it's going?

This is what I would expect. A high(ish) number of short clips that must be triggered separately.  Then the "played" timestamp for each clip is logged for Big Brother to review.

• Like 1

30 minutes ago, Packerraymond said:

Yeah that's what I had in college. Coaches add notes/questions all the time in plays too that they can tell if you read. Hudl definitely weeds out the slackers.

In my "era", we had VHS cuts to watch and a handwritten notebook!  Had to watch the tape with a magnifying glass because it was shot so far away and the zoom was terrible.  Everyone looked like ants running around.

10 minutes ago, vegas492 said:

In my "era", we had VHS cuts to watch and a handwritten notebook!  Had to watch the tape with a magnifying glass because it was shot so far away and the zoom was terrible.  Everyone looked like ants running around.

Well in my era the advance scouts would draw pictures on the cave walls and then we would come up with a plan to bring down the wooly mammoths. Those where the good old days! 

• Like 2