NFL News & Notes

Leader

Adam Schefter -  Jimmy Garoppolo and the 49ers agreed to a restructured one-year contract that will keep the QB in San Francisco this season, per sources. The contract contains no-trade and no-tag clauses, assuring Garoppolo will remain in SF this season and have the freedom to leave in 2023.

18 minutes ago, Leader said:

Adam Schefter -  Jimmy Garoppolo and the 49ers agreed to a restructured one-year contract that will keep the QB in San Francisco this season, per sources. The contract contains no-trade and no-tag clauses, assuring Garoppolo will remain in SF this season and have the freedom to leave in 2023.

Trey Lance must be a bust

9 minutes ago, incognito_man said:

The 49ers inability to maintain literally any consistent narrative about Trey Lance is something I have never seen before in the NFL.

It's possible that the smart thing to do was to not trade two future firsts for a guy who threw 287 passes in college.

Edited by PossibleCabbage
  • Like 2

4 hours ago, incognito_man said:

9ers also wanted a haul for Jimmy but he blindsided them with shoulder surgery late before the draft. They get some money back and keep him as a moderately high paid back up and can try to deal him next year when he’s likely to net more. In the meantime, if Lance slips up even a little bit, they have a decent option but it’s definitely not one big happy family over there. Lynch and Shanny have rubbed some people the wrong way with how they handle business. 

15 hours ago, Leader said:

Provides the comfort of having a capable backup QB.

1 hour ago, packfanfb said:

Geez, I know it would have gone against the Packer Way, but I would have done this deal and punted Amari into the sun. 

Re-united Amari with his college QB, perfect fit! We would have had to toss in a pick to go with him though. 

1 hour ago, packfanfb said:

Geez, I know it would have gone against the Packer Way, but I would have done this deal and punted Amari into the sun. 

Yeah, I would have been all over that deal. Shenault hasn’t lived up to his draft hype but in our system he could bring some of that Debo lite game that might really thrive here. 2 seasons left on his rookie deal for 2 bottom of the barrel picks?  Hope he finds a resurgence in Carolina. 

1 minute ago, Refugee said:

Yeah, I would have been all over that deal. Shenault hasn’t lived up to his draft hype but in our system he could bring some of that Debo lite game that might really thrive here. 2 seasons left on his rookie deal for 2 bottom of the barrel picks?  Hope he finds a resurgence in Carolina. 

I mean, he's basically had back-to-back 60-600 years playing for one of the worst franchises ever assembled. That's not bad at all. Biggest knock on him is that he's dealt with some injury issues and did so in college as well.