NFL News & Notes

Leader

18 minutes ago, Leader said:

Nick Wright - 

The 6 teams that made the playoffs that will miss this year are… the Titans, Patriots, Raiders, Steelers, Cowboys & Cardinals.

The 5 new playoff teams this year will be… the Colts, Jags, Chargers, Ravens, Panthers & Vikings.

Well. he made a list of teams.  

• Like 2

Just now, Leader said:

He's made number of posts. This is just one of many. I've simply not been posting them.
Do you agree with his assessments?

No.  Cowboys demise is very exaggerated.  The Jags and Panthers stink on ice.  The Titans are supposed to be bad now because they traded a WR? The Patriots are scrappy enough to make the playoffs again.  The Raiders are going to score a ton of points, and probably be the team all the experts claim the Chargers are.  I can buy the Vikings over the Cardinals, and Ravens over the Steelers.  At least he didn't have the Broncos making the playoffs.

5 minutes ago, ThatJerkDave said:

No.  Cowboys demise is very exaggerated.  The Jags and Panthers stink on ice.  The Titans are supposed to be bad now because they traded a WR? The Patriots are scrappy enough to make the playoffs again.  The Raiders are going to score a ton of points, and probably be the team all the experts claim the Chargers are.  I can buy the Vikings over the Cardinals, and Ravens over the Steelers.  At least he didn't have the Broncos making the playoffs.

nick wright -  The NFC Championship is going to be a rematch from the playoffs last year, in a different round but with the same result: 49ers over Packers in Green Bay.

:(

6 minutes ago, ThatJerkDave said:

Regards the Cowboys.....

nick wright -  The Cowboys could be a disaster. The Tyron injury is devastating, they all of a sudden have a below average OL & average receiving corps, and they’re starting the wrong RB. The defense should be excellent, but not enough to overcome their other issues & coaching. They’re 8-9

nick wright -  While I don’t trust them in the playoffs, I see no reason why Green Bay shouldn’t be absolutely outstanding in the regular season again. Rodgers will crush, the defense & running game are excellent & there isn’t another great team in that division.

8 minutes ago, ThatJerkDave said:

Regards the Broncos....

nick wright -  Folks are WAY too high on the Broncos. First year head coach, questions on the OL, a quarterback coming off his worst year ever, in the toughest division in football. They’ll be happy to finish above .500 for the first time in 6 years.

14 minutes ago, Norm said:

I kinda like what that dude is saying tbh. Though that stuff is so much harder to predict than it ever seems

Its impossible to predict. No one wants to say it at the start of the season due to everyone feeling great about their chances but injury luck throughout the season always plays a HUGE role in who is good and who isn't. You cannot predict injuries so people leave it out but it will play a big role on why at least a few playoff bound teams will fail. 

• Like 1

3 hours ago, spilltray said:

I just don't see it with Fields. He has physical talent but no touch, accuracy, or pocket presence. Also I don't know that he can diagnose a defense. He might have been my least favorite QB in that class.

If he has an elite trait that is his accuracy. Probably the most accurate college QB from the last 5 years or so.

3 hours ago, spilltray said:

I just don't see it with Fields. He has physical talent but no touch, accuracy, or pocket presence. Also I don't know that he can diagnose a defense. He might have been my least favorite QB in that class.

If he has an elite trait that is his accuracy. Probably the most accurate college QB from the last 5 years or so.

59 minutes ago, Spartacus said:

Its impossible to predict. No one wants to say it at the start of the season due to everyone feeling great about their chances but injury luck throughout the season always plays a HUGE role in who is good and who isn't. You cannot predict injuries so people leave it out but it will play a big role on why at least a few playoff bound teams will fail. 

No hating, it's something to BS about. But yeah it's always wild.

I mean, Rams beat the Bengals. I'd have gotten laughed at so hard for predicting that. Some guys had the Rams in it though. But still.